Cool Mods

ramin1992

I was in one pvp server which I realized some mods that I have no idea how they did it so i wanted to ask you guys maybe one of you have the answer

1.in wooden sign board they implemented game date and it was changing automatically I tried around controls xml but couldn't get anywhere

2.they had some buffs for regions like lets say if you are on the lobby you have safe zone buff but the buff doesn't come from buffwhenwalkedon block effect it was areal like campfire buff which effect you till 3 tiles away

and they also had land claim buff with same effect no build zone and etc

How they did it anybody any help??

Was this a server that had EAC off? If so it might be an SDX modified server ( or one running a server side utility) which makes the first change possible. The second is also probably a server manager utility.

Was this a server that had EAC off? If so it might be an SDX modified server ( or one running a server side utility) which makes the first change possible. The second is also probably a server manager utility.

no EAC was on either its bot or mod yet i didnt notice any bot im assuming its mod

changing sign text and buffing players can both be done with an api mod, so most likely a server manager was doing it

aw well if they are doing it with api mod then thats another thing because I have no idea how to do it :)

tnx for the answer

• 1 month later...
I was in one pvp server which I realized some mods that I have no idea how they did it so i wanted to ask you guys maybe one of you have the answer

1.in wooden sign board they implemented game date and it was changing automatically I tried around controls xml but couldn't get anywhere

2.they had some buffs for regions like lets say if you are on the lobby you have safe zone buff but the buff doesn't come from buffwhenwalkedon block effect it was areal like campfire buff which effect you till 3 tiles away

and they also had land claim buff with same effect no build zone and etc

How they did it anybody any help??

It sounds like you found my server "the OutSiderZ". This was all done using a custom API mod i'v been developing for my server. I just dove into the .dll and started poking around. Learning C# as I went. The Buffs are just triggered by a "OnPlayerPOS hook I made which checks the players position every few seconds.

Archived