A16 - Classic Nomad Survival

sphereii

Is it on purpose that the special zeds like AshCops don't give any xp at all, not even a little like the regular zeds? They're a lot tougher after all.

Also, I think I found a way to handle the lights a bit better: I made those block IDs air-blocks. Seems to work out fine, and since the player lights are separate blocks we should still be able to build those. IMO no lights in prefabs is less distracting than weirdly misrotated ones ;)

Good idea on the lights. We'll implement that. I think AshCops give similar XP as to the other zombies.

Update!

- Fixed Loot House bug for storage containers

- Tweak stamina usage on some tools

- Removed lights that were rotated badly

- tweaked food poisoning

- Adjusted exp for AshCop

- Adjusted traders

did you consider trying a change of meta on the lights to turn them all off?

meta = 0 is off, meta =2 is on

Hi i have a question, when starting new game should i leave setting on default? Also should i start with random gen map or can i play navezgane?

It's never been tested in Navezgane; most elements would probably work just fine though.

You can set whatever settings you want. Run At Night is kind of challenging, so if you are unsure, I'd turn that off until you got a feel for the mod.

It's never been tested in Navezgane; most elements would probably work just fine though.

You can set whatever settings you want. Run At Night is kind of challenging, so if you are unsure, I'd turn that off until you got a feel for the mod.

Okay thanks :)

Next project: Gnamod Necropolis Nightmare Mode!

Essentially, add nightmares into Necropolis and other deadly things :D

I'll be giving this mod a try if people vote for it for a stream next week :)

Totally possible ;)

Thanks for the consideration :) I hope you like some of the things we've done with it.

Nice mod really enjoying so far, two questions; if there is no farming, why there are seeds and also you are able to make fertilizer?

Hoe's are handy because they are relatively easy to drop and helpful for block damage.

Finding working workbenches only possible from trader POI's?

Nice mod really enjoying so far, two questions; if there is no farming, why there are seeds and also you are able to make fertilizer?

Hoe's are handy because they are relatively easy to drop and helpful for block damage.

Just because you forgot how to farm, doesn't mean that plants forgot how to produce seeds :)

Finding working workbenches only possible from trader POI's?

Some POIs from the compo pack may have working benches as well.

sphereii and xyth, THANKS!!!! This is an awesome POC. The weird thing for me is that is has SO many of the elements I was planning on implementing for my mod (e.g. the "real world" aspects re no crafting or repairs). As I'm learning the SDX tools (after working on xmls in my first interation), I'm finding more and more possibilities of what can be done.

In my first attempt with this mod, I've survived to midnight on day 1, but I'm slowly dying from an infection on a roof top. I've found a claw hammer, a crowbar, lots of hay bales, and plenty of clean water to survive for another day or so, I'm sure to die before finding an antibiotic. No town found, and the trader took a heavy beating before I cleared out of there (he had a nice purple steel pick axe for I think north of 40,000 dukes!!!!)

Problem for me is that I play "dead is dead" only. So, I'm not sure how far I'm going to get with this beauty. My concept is a bit story driven, and has many of your elements (but provides some starting items that are consistent with the story premise). I'm not sure how much of the xml I can mess with before ruining things...

Anyway, back to my slow death waiting for the infection to take me out. Thanks for the new level of "fun"!

sphereii and xyth, THANKS!!!! This is an awesome POC. The weird thing for me is that is has SO many of the elements I was planning on implementing for my mod (e.g. the "real world" aspects re no crafting or repairs). As I'm learning the SDX tools (after working on xmls in my first interation), I'm finding more and more possibilities of what can be done.

In my first attempt with this mod, I've survived to midnight on day 1, but I'm slowly dying from an infection on a roof top. I've found a claw hammer, a crowbar, lots of hay bales, and plenty of clean water to survive for another day or so, I'm sure to die before finding an antibiotic. No town found, and the trader took a heavy beating before I cleared out of there (he had a nice purple steel pick axe for I think north of 40,000 dukes!!!!)

Problem for me is that I play "dead is dead" only. So, I'm not sure how far I'm going to get with this beauty. My concept is a bit story driven, and has many of your elements (but provides some starting items that are consistent with the story premise). I'm not sure how much of the xml I can mess with before ruining things...

Anyway, back to my slow death waiting for the infection to take me out. Thanks for the new level of "fun"!

I'm glad you are enjoying it! Good luck in your dead is dead playthrough... hopefully you can see the sun rise on Day 3.

I tried this Mod with a fresh installed Alpha 16.4 in Navezgane but the world has giant holes in it. Does anybody knows how to fix this? Or do I need to play with an older version?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]24421[/ATTACH]

I'd definitely roll random gen. I'm not sure what causes that issue, but there's a lot in the mod that could have an adverse affect on Navezgane.

I'm glad you are enjoying it! Good luck in your dead is dead playthrough... hopefully you can see the sun rise on Day 3.

Uh, what happens on day 3? If it is anything like what happened to me on day 1, I'm probably done for, with or without antibiotics. Yikes!!!

Good luck! Stay safe

No luck, infection timer was ticking and I got reckless. Thought I cleared out a wilderness forge house, but they got in behind me. Wipe.

New world, and it is filled with dogs. But, I came across a town, and in a garbage pile just outside the trader I found a level 70 stone axe. I nearly cried with joy! Yes, joy for a stone axe!?!? What has this world come to?

No luck, infection timer was ticking and I got reckless. Thought I cleared out a wilderness forge house, but they got in behind me. Wipe.

New world, and it is filled with dogs. But, I came across a town, and in a garbage pile just outside the trader I found a level 70 stone axe. I nearly cried with joy! Yes, joy for a stone axe!?!? What has this world come to?

Tears of joy now. Tears of pain when it breaks! Use it wisely

Tears of joy now. Tears of pain when it breaks! Use it wisely

And that is why I am enjoying this mod so much, it forces me to change the way I think about even the most basic things. Durability. Never really think about that in most mods. Here, it is critical. Was upset with myself for using the stone axe on something not completely necessary. Also, nighttime. Normally, I stow myself away and just craft/cook/skill point use during the night (or mine safely underground). Here, it seems nighttime is a bit easier to loot as the Zeds seem to lose track of me while I crouch-walk. Such a HUGE change in my mindset. Still uncomfortable, but that's what is so enjoyable, cracking out of the routine.

Oh, amazing work on the recovery of arrows. I found a compound bow (something I never use in any other mod), and was able to recover a few arrows off the ground (and even one that was in a Zed's shoulder as he was coming at me). LOVE IT!!!

This simple mod provides provides the basic mechanics for a decent nomad survival exerience. It lacks a story, one based on quests, events, and balance sufficent to make it fun in mid to end game. Hopefully modders like yourself will use this as a basis for many different survival storys.

Second world and I survived to Horde night. Was decently equipped with some luck drops (sledge hammer and compound bow). Was going to take on the horde in the boxing gym (the 1000 hp ring seemed a decent bet, after blasting out the stairs).

So, WTF? Chainsaws? Really?!? You guys are twisted....

DID NOT EXPECT THAT!!! What fun, awesome job. Survived, but only because I had about 15 gas barrels on my hot bar, so I could set them down, kite the zeds in a group and try to blow up the gas barrel for AOE damage.

Can't find a workbench, so it's going to be tough going from here (day 10--three mid-sized cities searched).

Again, great job, thanks for the awesome change of pace MOD, and horde day surprise!

Archived