FennecMod - Deadly Ferals, Rad Zeds, Specializations, Ore Processing and More

mdf25

Basically my inventory is overlapping with any other large storage container in game. Works completely fine in all other mods/vanilla. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Oh, that looks obstructive! I haven't seen this before and I don't know what causes the issue, but I can tell you what I'd do, if my game did this: I'd go to options, video and fiddle with the screen resolution settings to see if that would help. I guess you could try that til someone comes with a better solution.

... Rabies...

I love the changes a lot!

I was excited to see the Farmer specialty but then when I looked into it there are no new farmer tools to fight with. Since you have the perk "Torch & Pitchforks" does that mean there are plans to add a pitchfork or other farm tools to expanded the fighting capabilities? Since the farmer had the highest de-buff I noticed at 40% it seems early game would be awful so a stone and scrap version of a farm tool seems needed.

I'm surprised to read this, because when I read the description, this was exactly what I thought farmer would do: give you early access to a tilling tool and possibly some farmer-themed exclusive weapon choice/boost of farm tool entity damage.

ELECTRIC CATTLE PROD! :D

Mouthwatering.

I don't have much to say about the class-balance yet, because I'm still on my first savegame and I think it would be wiser to wait for the update to drop, before I start a new one. There's one thing though, that's standing out pretty obviously: athlete seems to have an issue quite opposite to the farmer class. It's very good with little drawbacks. I'm worried, that it's so good right now and combines so well with whatever other classes you pick, that it will change from choice to mandatory with more competitive players.

You get early help with stamina, which is strong, but it's kind of expected and fine. The bigger problem in my opinion are the later game perks. You'll continue having a stamina bonus all the way through the game, effectively saving you skillpoints for the higher level stamina conserving skills and worst of all: steroids and vitamins. While the steroids come with a debuff to partially negate the benefit, they will also be a really good way to make room for more food and enable you to stuff your face and get the food type buffs going after a death. So the debuff isn't really all negative at all. The vitamin recipe does not have a single limiting ingredient, just pop them by the dozens. So one class to completely cancel out stamina issues, wellness issues and food buff issues after death? That appears a little bit strong to me.

As a solution I'd suggest to either give the athlete a more speedy metabolism, increasing both hunger and thirst and an increased amount of food for the food type buffs OR take away the pill recipes and give them to some other class instead. The vitamin recipe could be changed to include a resource that's hard to get in quantities and is useful for other good recipes. Eggs seem to be a good candidate here: in Fennec Mod, eggs are quite rare and used in many of the good food recipes. This is awesome, because this way they turn into a very good balancing tool.

There's something else I noticed: I tried a few different options (traders, land claim blocks) but have not yet been able to drag a working oven into my womancave. I'm starting to wonder if that's intentional and the player is supposed to travel to that workstation in later game stages still? It starts getting a bit tedious here with the wide variety of food ingredients in game. If that mechanic is intended, how about changing it from ovens to sinks+toilets instead: the sinks mostly because it would make sense to have the same limitation as toilets explaining it with the water pipe access, the toilets because I think they would make it more fair, challenging not only in early game stages, by requiring the player to travel no matter how many resources they collected, while the ovens challenges would become less and less later in game, depending on how many resources a player collected and how many meals they can queue up in one run.

Oh, on the topic of sinks: we have a slight stacking problem here caused by the number empty glass jars and jars of clean water stack to, since you can fill a 500 stack on a working filtered sink. Suggested fix: make all the jars, empty and all three types of water stack to 250.

Oh, that looks obstructive! I haven't seen this before and I don't know what causes the issue, but I can tell you what I'd do, if my game did this: I'd go to options, video and fiddle with the screen resolution settings to see if that would help. I guess you could try that til someone comes with a better solution.

Yep, tried that but no dice sadly.

There's something else I noticed: I tried a few different options (traders, land claim blocks) but have not yet been able to drag a working oven into my womancave. I'm starting to wonder if that's intentional and the player is supposed to travel to that workstation in later game stages still? It starts getting a bit tedious here with the wide variety of food ingredients in game. If that mechanic is intended, how about changing it from ovens to sinks+toilets instead: the sinks mostly because it would make sense to have the same limitation as toilets explaining it with the water pipe access, the toilets because I think they would make it more fair, challenging not only in early game stages, by requiring the player to travel no matter how many resources they collected, while the ovens challenges would become less and less later in game, depending on how many resources a player collected and how many meals they can queue up in one run.

Had a snoop at Max's code for this, and I can only find 3 "oven" blocks, none of which have CanPickUp=True set.

Which is why you can't pick them up and take them. If I have the correct blocks, then my assumption is you would have to buy them from the trader because he DOES stock decorative blocks like that in vanilla (small chance)

Hi - um...came to ask a question, but the Discord link is broken on the first post.

Basically my inventory is overlapping with any other large storage container in game. Works completely fine in all other mods/vanilla. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Example Here:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/389771050419748877/442933481287188481/JPEG_20180507_162045.jpg

That is really weird - are you playing 1.0 or on the dev branch version? Which type of storage box were you using? Just a secure chest or some other type of storage box? I can have a look but have not experienced this issue myself at all.

I'm surprised to read this, because when I read the description, this was exactly what I thought farmer would do: give you early access to a tilling tool and possibly some farmer-themed exclusive weapon choice/boost of farm tool entity damage.

The farmer class gives you early access to some of the seed packets (which allow you to craft one food item into 3 seeds instead of 1 seed) and on mastery gives you the rest, plus the ability to make a fertiliser workstation which will allow you to produce fertiliser much faster than in other workstations. Not the greates reward but very very good in MP when food is initially quite scarce. I'm thinking of making the copper garden hoe and the pig iron variant of the garden hoe as well, that would plug the gap a little bit. I can then make them slower than the iron one.

I don't have much to say about the class-balance yet, because I'm still on my first savegame and I think it would be wiser to wait for the update to drop, before I start a new one. There's one thing though, that's standing out pretty obviously: athlete seems to have an issue quite opposite to the farmer class. It's very good with little drawbacks. I'm worried, that it's so good right now and combines so well with whatever other classes you pick, that it will change from choice to mandatory with more competitive players.

You get early help with stamina, which is strong, but it's kind of expected and fine. The bigger problem in my opinion are the later game perks. You'll continue having a stamina bonus all the way through the game, effectively saving you skillpoints for the higher level stamina conserving skills and worst of all: steroids and vitamins. While the steroids come with a debuff to partially negate the benefit, they will also be a really good way to make room for more food and enable you to stuff your face and get the food type buffs going after a death. So the debuff isn't really all negative at all. The vitamin recipe does not have a single limiting ingredient, just pop them by the dozens. So one class to completely cancel out stamina issues, wellness issues and food buff issues after death? That appears a little bit strong to me.

As a solution I'd suggest to either give the athlete a more speedy metabolism, increasing both hunger and thirst and an increased amount of food for the food type buffs OR take away the pill recipes and give them to some other class instead. The vitamin recipe could be changed to include a resource that's hard to get in quantities and is useful for other good recipes. Eggs seem to be a good candidate here: in Fennec Mod, eggs are quite rare and used in many of the good food recipes. This is awesome, because this way they turn into a very good balancing tool.

Athlete class is very good, though they do have increased food metabolism currently. Perhaps vitamins could be moved to the scientist class to allow some diversity and a limiting ingredient that you can only loot would also be a good thing. Eggs could be one, maybe making protein extract on a chemistry station from eggs and a syringe that you can only loot from pill stores (which then go into vitamin crafting) would be good so you have to use several steps as well as a long crafting time to get the vitamins.

I was also thinking about having the steroids debuff negate any other good buff given by the variants of foods (so I can say double the tickrate of how fast your food bonuses go down), and perhaps a steroids concentration variable that on excessive use of steroids would start to drain wellness at a faster rate and cause a loss of health over time. That would stop their overuse and maybe the same with vitamins - take too many in a row and they will start affecting your player negatively, since the whole 'too much of a good thing'. So I could say taking more than 2 vitamins in a 12 hour period would start to cause bodily imbalance, making you need to drink more to clear your system, and losing wellness over time.

I see what you mean - there will be some sink upgrade kits and oven upgrade kits that you will be able to craft in order to upgrade the sinks and ovens into working variants. I do eventually want the player to be able to settle fully after a good deal of effort, and I think since you can do electricity and assemble guns in game, plumbing and piping should be achievable also, so eventually you'll be able to have sinks and ovens and toilets in your base.

The current way you'll need to do the ovens and sinks would be to buy a non-working one from the traders, and then use an upgrade kit on it after placing it in your base. Or find a sink in the world to upgrade same with the nice wall ovens.

Oh, on the topic of sinks: we have a slight stacking problem here caused by the number empty glass jars and jars of clean water stack to, since you can fill a 500 stack on a working filtered sink. Suggested fix: make all the jars, empty and all three types of water stack to 250.

Good spot - I'll give this a look :D Anyway if you can carry 250 jars of murky water, makes sense you can carry 250 jars of clean water and whatever else is in a jar. I'll give the stack sizes a pass for 1.1's release :D

That is really weird - are you playing 1.0 or on the dev branch version? Which type of storage box were you using? Just a secure chest or some other type of storage box? I can have a look but have not experienced this issue myself at all.

Yep just 1.0 (Stable) and currently we only have the secure storage chests and the craftable storage boxes...basically anything that has that large inventory space. No one else on the server has the issue so it's just me...but when I play Vanilla, Ravenhearst, Nomad, Starvation etc...no issue.

Yep just 1.0 (Stable) and currently we only have the secure storage chests and the craftable storage boxes...basically anything that has that large inventory space. No one else on the server has the issue so it's just me...but when I play Vanilla, Ravenhearst, Nomad, Starvation etc...no issue.

I'm sorry to hear you're still experiencing problems. I hope you'll be able to find a solution. Maybe this is caused by some broken or invalid items? The meat stacks you have there for example are not usually obtainable in this mod I think. Btw what does the screen look like if you set the game to be displayed in a window at a 16:9 resolution? And does disabling the fps display change anything?

Had a snoop at Max's code for this, and I can only find 3 "oven" blocks, none of which have CanPickUp=True set.

Which is why you can't pick them up and take them. If I have the correct blocks, then my assumption is you would have to buy them from the trader because he DOES stock decorative blocks like that in vanilla (small chance)

Thanks for looking this up. I tried a grey oven from a trader with the upgrade kit, hoping it would work the same as the sink upgrade kit working on both sink types. It didn't, sadly. Then I went to a poopy pants daycare, upgraded the wall oven there and placed a land claim block, which could not work and you explained why. I haven't had luck with a wall oven from my traders yet, but I'll keep that on my shopping list!

i agree with u kat on the last part but u cant nerf everything leave something with good stuff

I'm sorry if I unintentionally, accidentally suggested a nerf you don't agree with. I'm finding it a bit difficult to figure out which of my suggestions you're referring to. If I'm correct and you're talking about either the athlete class or the vitamin recipe, I have to say that it was indeed my intention to suggest a nerf, if you want to call it that, because I honestly feel it's unbalanced. That's not saying my opinion on that isn't debatable or anything, in fact I'd like to read arguments for or against it, if you could be a little bit more specific. In the end though, it will be up to the mdf25 to decide, so relax, I'm not going to ruin the gaming experience for you (and not intending to either).

The farmer class gives you early access to some of the seed packets (which allow you to craft one food item into 3 seeds instead of 1 seed) and on mastery gives you the rest, plus the ability to make a fertiliser workstation which will allow you to produce fertiliser much faster than in other workstations. Not the greates reward but very very good in MP when food is initially quite scarce. I'm thinking of making the copper garden hoe and the pig iron variant of the garden hoe as well, that would plug the gap a little bit. I can then make them slower than the iron one.

I should have paid better attention to the seed packets. If you're getting three seeds instead of one, that makes farming a lot more efficient and of course quick fertilizer crafting enhances this. I can see a copper (or pig iron) hoe be a very useful addition as well.

Athlete class is very good, though they do have increased food metabolism currently. Perhaps vitamins could be moved to the scientist class to allow some diversity and a limiting ingredient that you can only loot would also be a good thing. Eggs could be one, maybe making protein extract on a chemistry station from eggs and a syringe that you can only loot from pill stores (which then go into vitamin crafting) would be good so you have to use several steps as well as a long crafting time to get the vitamins.

Moving the pills to the scientist would not only help balancing the athlete class, it would also make a lot of sense all by itself to be honest. Long crafting time, sounds good, rewarding players that think ahead and use their workstation time well.

I was also thinking about having the steroids debuff negate any other good buff given by the variants of foods (so I can say double the tickrate of how fast your food bonuses go down), and perhaps a steroids concentration variable that on excessive use of steroids would start to drain wellness at a faster rate and cause a loss of health over time.

The increased depletion of food bonuses would help against steroid debuff becoming a cure for death effects and adding a condition prevent overuse, as you said. I'm thinking you could maybe call that condition athlete's foot and have the player pay with a few turpentine bottles - it would all fall into place and you'd go full circle lol.

That would stop their overuse and maybe the same with vitamins - take too many in a row and they will start affecting your player negatively, since the whole 'too much of a good thing'. So I could say taking more than 2 vitamins in a 12 hour period would start to cause bodily imbalance, making you need to drink more to clear your system, and losing wellness over time.

2 in 12 hours isn't much, I think an effect like that which would even cause wellness loss could need a clear warning on the pill description.

I see what you mean - there will be some sink upgrade kits and oven upgrade kits that you will be able to craft in order to upgrade the sinks and ovens into working variants. I do eventually want the player to be able to settle fully after a good deal of effort, and I think since you can do electricity and assemble guns in game, plumbing and piping should be achievable also, so eventually you'll be able to have sinks and ovens and toilets in your base.

The current way you'll need to do the ovens and sinks would be to buy a non-working one from the traders, and then use an upgrade kit on it after placing it in your base. Or find a sink in the world to upgrade same with the nice wall ovens.

Yeah, KhaineGB already suggested I buy one from the trader. The thing just needs to spawn now lol. I have to say I'm glad that you intend to make all workstations available in player built bases eventually.

Good spot - I'll give this a look :D Anyway if you can carry 250 jars of murky water, makes sense you can carry 250 jars of clean water and whatever else is in a jar. I'll give the stack sizes a pass for 1.1's release :D

Sounds good. I think the stack sizes of jars are all over the place right now for balance reasons. The clean water is the only one being a possible issue though with how the filling mechanic works. Ravenhearst was having a similar issue with empty buckets stacking to 10 and filled buckets stacking to 5 I think.

Alrighty so it seems that if you are having this overlap but nobody else is having that issue on your server, it may well just be a clientside issue isolated to you.

The best thing I can suggest is to try a secure storage chest in a singleplayer world, see if that has the same overlap issue. If so, it might be worth trying to uninstall the mod completely, then verifying your game files for A16.4 and then reinstall the mod again on the launcher, just to make sure it's all at vanilla and then mod default settings.

Usually a clean install fixes most issues so I hope this helps, as I have never heard of this issue before... And I haven't done any changes to the window widths in FennecMod at all. A very odd conundrum :)

No zombies inside

Good!! How are you friend?

I'm having a problem, zombies do not appear inside buildings with the DevBranch version.

Only some in the streets. Create a new game and now if they appear. What could it be? I'm playing with insane difficulty, I change it but it's still the same.

Sorry for my English, I use Google translator. xD

Alrighty so it seems that if you are having this overlap but nobody else is having that issue on your server, it may well just be a clientside issue isolated to you.

The best thing I can suggest is to try a secure storage chest in a singleplayer world, see if that has the same overlap issue. If so, it might be worth trying to uninstall the mod completely, then verifying your game files for A16.4 and then reinstall the mod again on the launcher, just to make sure it's all at vanilla and then mod default settings.

Usually a clean install fixes most issues so I hope this helps, as I have never heard of this issue before... And I haven't done any changes to the window widths in FennecMod at all. A very odd conundrum :)

Tried single player and same thing...deleting/restarting to test...stay tuned :)

Update: It took 3 goes but it worked. Thanks a bunch ^_^

Good!! How are you friend?

I'm having a problem, zombies do not appear inside buildings with the DevBranch version.

Only some in the streets. Create a new game and now if they appear. What could it be? I'm playing with insane difficulty, I change it but it's still the same.

Sorry for my English, I use Google translator. xD

Weird - I've always had zeds spawn inside on DevBranch. It could be you reached the spawn max cap (as more zeds get attracted from further away) or maybe you got extremely lucky and had a series of buildings where the spawn empty chance was hit :) Not probable and very statistically against the odds but still possible :D

Weird - I've always had zeds spawn inside on DevBranch. It could be you reached the spawn max cap (as more zeds get attracted from further away) or maybe you got extremely lucky and had a series of buildings where the spawn empty chance was hit :) Not probable and very statistically against the odds but still possible :D

Thank you very much for your time, I will have to be patient and wait then :)

Your work is very good!

Hello, I really like this mod, surprised by the first Horde many zombies, I was lucky to find 2000 of concrete in the hardware store to reinforce a house for the horde.

I'm uploading it to Youtube in Spanish with Navezgane map.

My congratulations for your great work.

Only some in the streets.

I wonder if some of the zombies you killed on the streets are sleepers from inside buildings you attracted. I find a lot of sleepers in my buildings, but I'm usually clearing the streets with my club, not a loud gun.

... I was lucky to find 2000 of concrete in the hardware store to reinforce a house for the horde.

I'm uploading it to Youtube in Spanish with Navezgane map.

2000 concrete! That's a nice find! I watched a few minutes of your video and I'm sure you're very fun to watch - talking all the time! Sadly, I don't know much Spanish. Good luck to your play!

I realized there are features in Fennec Mod that make me really love playing it. I like the item descriptions. I'm having so much fun reading them. They are mostly really funny and sometimes even give you some insight to the thoughts of the character, who tries to adjust to this weird situation reassuring himself he's keeping grasp on reality while at the same time probably already dropped some of his marbles here and there. I love that if you give him meat and cans, he's not attempting to craft chicken rations or chicken soup but instead cans of cat food and dog food. Guess he found a liking, it's probably an acquired taste lol.

The concept of the scrap knife is fantastic. The recipe is convincing and it's really good, but you can't repair it.

I also like the selection of classes a lot. In the beginning I was worried if this is going to be like some other mods, that just add more and more arbitrary grinding at the end and have you finally unlock everything. But the way it works in Fennec Mod is better in my opinion: you don't get locked out of anything entirely, you only get more efficient with your classes and you won't be able to unlock all of them, so pick the classes you really like instead of the ones you think would be good for starting. It's also a boost to teamplay and in singleplayer it adds replay value.

Talking about grinding, I do have slight problems at the moment though. Leveling was well-paced in the beginning. There seems to be a good amount of xp you get from skilling up. Once you trained up most of your skills, leveling your character becomes painfully slow. The problem I'm having now is that this dent in the curve occurs way before you finished unlocking important upgrades and it's so extreme you need to hop onto your minibike and hunt down zombie respawns in several towns for a day for one levelup. If you don't do that, your level will pretty much freeze in the days between horde nights. You can't mine or build instead, it won't give you any xp anymore and you probably are not motivated anyway, because it's impossible to get a steel pick or finish the miner quests before you hit a pretty high level.

Looking at more food recipes recently, I realized that the dough recipe and the bread recipe are both using a surprising low amount of resources. It's pretty much one wheat for 4x12 food points or so? It's not really a big deal, because to make use of wheat and dough you need the working oven, so it comes pretty late in game, usually after the point you got a big farm going.

The food groups are usually not a problem anymore later, with the exception of meat. I think that's really well balanced right now. Of course I'm continuing using soya with the old recipes, so, yeah, that's possibly totally different after the update.

Oh, soya, I realized something weird about the yoghurt recipes: there are four different types of yoghurt. You can make three of them with soya, but not the yucca one, it requires cow milk.

And lastly, btw. milk, soy milk and yoghurt at the trader appear to be a bit on the cheap side.

If I came from pearls concrete hehe!

I love Fennecmod, the advance seems expensive but I think it is very well leveled.

The only thing is that in single player you can not access more character classes apart from the three that are chosen at the beginning, but you can always get out of the creative.

Greetings.

If I came from pearls concrete hehe!

I love Fennecmod, the advance seems expensive but I think it is very well leveled.

The only thing is that in single player you can not access more character classes apart from the three that are chosen at the beginning, but you can always get out of the creative.

Greetings.

Yes, I love the Fennec Mod too. There's really some cool stuff already in it and there are some really good balancing ideas. In many ways, it feels right. The added item graphics mostly fit really well with the vanilla ones.

About the leveling, what level are you currently on/what is the highest level you reached in Fennec Mod? I'm asking this, because in the beginning, progress seemed maybe a bit slower than vanilla and some other mods, but nothing really off. But then, once I maxed my favorite skills around 50-60 it became very suddenly very slow. It dropped below Ravenhearst progression speed. Are you experiencing the same and what do you think about that?

I'm trying to stay away from giving me things in creative, because that changes the way of playing a lot and for me it feels like losing a lot of fun time, by just speeding up everything. Also, I'm trying to properly try out the mod as a single player at the moment. Of course if something's buggy or so, I will use creative, like for example grabbing some wheat which can't be grown from seeds right now. The lack of a poncho is something that's a bit problematic right now, with many of my towns being in the desert, but I guess I'll have to be patient with that one and then go on a looting spree :).

I've been thinking about the classes and what to pick on my next try. I was not happy with the very low amount of wood you're getting as a non-carpenter, with the wood gain from axes being chopped off early and the iron fireaxe still giving pretty low amounts. But then I managed to phase out the use of wood altogether for most uses (with the exception of spikes and barbed wire fences) and I found a green chainsaw. So I think it's totally playable as a non-carpenter.

One thing I'm not sure about is the three gun skills. Without the skills you're only able to craft the low grade ammo. For the normal gameplay, this is not as much of an issue, as it sounds at first. The low grad ammo still kills zombies. You can also find and buy some better rounds now and then for horde night baddies.

But here's the issue:

If you're never going to craft anything but low grad ammo, every piece of brass you ever find, every zinc vein, every candlestick and brass faucet, every drop of brass bullet casings will be entirely useless for you all throughout the game.

Since the turrets require normal grade ammo, all turrets, all turret skills, the biggest use for any generator skills and items will be of very very low use to you, because if you want to use turrets, you really need to be able to craft the ammo for them. Buying three dozens off a trader every three days isn't going to cut it.

With this in mind, I dug out this old posting:

The only other thing I can see right now is splitting the rifles class into regular and assult rifles - currently the rifles class caters to 4 guns (hunting rifle, sniper rifle, ak47, and weirdly, the SMG) whereas pistols and shotguns only cater to 2 guns each. So rifles class is a little bit OP at the moment since you get buffs to more guns.

Shotguns already have three weapons (sawed-off and normal shotgun behave very differently), how about just moving the SMG to pistols, as it matches the ammo type you're going to unlock with the pistol skill, resulting in three types per class.

I think the gating of the normal ammo crafting is problematic. I'd prefer if you could craft the normal type independent of your class choices and have the high grade ammo exclusive to the classes only. Maybe the normal ammo could be cheaper or accessed earlier, if you pick the class. There are mods out there that have classes unlock skills, a seperate recipe for the class would be an option too (like the tasty food for example).

Good day mdf25,

I've been trying your mod the last couple of days and I do like the quest for classis …. But maybe _ I do hope you put value back into the Selling of item to the trader or lowering the price a bit at the trader .. way off balance in my opinion .. ( sold 548 grade tire to trader for around 250 and he wants to sell it back for about 15000 and sell me a welding torch for almost 44000 ).

Other than pricing .. fun game ... the Old Gamer .. :02.47-tranquillity:

Hello I do not remember the level that I have right now but it is not very high I am in day 10 of game so I can not tell you.

As for the kind of carpenter it was one of the ones that I chose and the problem that you find is similar, since when you cut trees with little wood but you get logs that you can not scrap, you need the carpentry table for it. Luckily I just found the chainsaw blade that is necessary for this table but I still lack an engine and I still have not found the key to dismantle cars so I must keep looking.

Greetings.

ardacho: Oh, you need a sawblade and an engine for the carpenter table? I haven't yet looked at the recipe. If the case, I'd wait with the table and try to get a chainsaw and of course a minibike first. You'll definitely need a wrench (key). Man, day 10 and still no wrench, that's unlucky! I hope you find a good one (or two) soon! Try sinks.

You can't scrap the logs, but you can place them on the ground and chop them into pieces with an axe.

gpcstargate: Just what I thought on my fist trip to the trader. It gets better though, once you find duplicate schematics (the bookstores have a pretty good chance to appear, it's nice and since they stack (the schematics!!!), you can sell more than 3 of a type).

I take a weekend out to record and come back to a lot of nice feedback and suggestions :D Thanks guys!

The concept of the scrap knife is fantastic. The recipe is convincing and it's really good, but you can't repair it.

I should probably make that one repairable with a sharp rusty metal piece, like you're repairing the blade part as the handle would most likely stay intact.

Talking about grinding, I do have slight problems at the moment though. Leveling was well-paced in the beginning. There seems to be a good amount of xp you get from skilling up. Once you trained up most of your skills, leveling your character becomes painfully slow. The problem I'm having now is that this dent in the curve occurs way before you finished unlocking important upgrades and it's so extreme you need to hop onto your minibike and hunt down zombie respawns in several towns for a day for one levelup. If you don't do that, your level will pretty much freeze in the days between horde nights. You can't mine or build instead, it won't give you any xp anymore and you probably are not motivated anyway, because it's impossible to get a steel pick or finish the miner quests before you hit a pretty high level.

Which level are you at currently? I may have adjusted the exponent a little too high. I think you still gain XP from doing things, mining will still probably give a little XP as there is at least 1XP from each resource you get from mining. I think using the auger is the fastest way to level up.

EDIT: Just seen, 50-60. I'll have a peek into the exponent.

Looking at more food recipes recently, I realized that the dough recipe and the bread recipe are both using a surprising low amount of resources. It's pretty much one wheat for 4x12 food points or so? It's not really a big deal, because to make use of wheat and dough you need the working oven, so it comes pretty late in game, usually after the point you got a big farm going.

I can have a look into that, probably just a number tweak. I think 1 wheat gives 4 dough out, so might adjust that a bit.

Oh, soya, I realized something weird about the yoghurt recipes: there are four different types of yoghurt. You can make three of them with soya, but not the yucca one, it requires cow milk.

On a list of 'to fix' :D

And lastly, btw. milk, soy milk and yoghurt at the trader appear to be a bit on the cheap side.

Ah, price adjustment - another to fix as well.

I think the gating of the normal ammo crafting is problematic. I'd prefer if you could craft the normal type independent of your class choices and have the high grade ammo exclusive to the classes only. Maybe the normal ammo could be cheaper or accessed earlier, if you pick the class. There are mods out there that have classes unlock skills, a seperate recipe for the class would be an option too (like the tasty food for example).

As a guy who rarely plays with turrets this is indeed a problem if you can't craft the rounds for the turrets. For a fix for now, I could make turrets use low grade rounds, and have each different gun class also unlock a high grade turret that uses less power and uses the mid tier rounds. A 'gattling turret' that uses a 7.62mm set could also be added in, so that way pistols, shotguns and rifles classes could each benefit from a higher tiered version. And yup moving SMG to pistols does make sense due to the rounds it uses.

Good day mdf25,

I've been trying your mod the last couple of days and I do like the quest for classis …. But maybe _ I do hope you put value back into the Selling of item to the trader or lowering the price a bit at the trader .. way off balance in my opinion .. ( sold 548 grade tire to trader for around 250 and he wants to sell it back for about 15000 and sell me a welding torch for almost 44000 ).

Other than pricing .. fun game ... the Old Gamer .. :02.47-tranquillity:

Greetings :D

Glad you're liking the stuff so far - I think I may need to have a tiny bit of rebalance at the traders, though if you use him enough the prices will start to get a lot better so main thing to do is try selling him schematics and things. I will need to test at level 100 barter as well and see how prices stack up, and adjust them accordingly to match, but I think if I give this a quick look it may be relatively easy to fix up :)

i tested out the trader prices mdf at base barter a 300q sniper rifle is around 45k dukes at max barter i believe the same rifle is 32k dukes not sure if prices are exact as im going off memory and currently im lvl 35 on day 4 on 120 mi ndays

manual update for version 1.1

I'm really glad you're enjoying it :D 1.1 is almost out of the moulding phases, so hopefully it will be done either by the end of this week or next :D

Then, the 1.2 phase begins, adding more uses for some of the items, new recipes, and endgame stuff with the fadium and foxium things. It should be awesome :D

Thanks for constantly updating this mod.

Is is possible to put up a "manual update" for the 1.1 version like the 1.0 version placed on github?

Experimental or if the 1.1 stable is coming out then would be even better.

Thanks in advance.

I am playing 1.0 Stable

So I was surprised to find that the Specializations lock you out of some of the last levels of certain perks. An example would be "The Fixer" perk which I have always maxed in mid-game and now I find I can only get the fist two levels and I need "Mechanic: Mastery 1" for the last two levels. I think it would be nice to add this information to the first page with the Specializations details.

I just unlocked steel and I think the recipes for forged steel are backwards. There are two recipes one requires a crucible 20 iron and 10 clay take 8 seconds and gives 1 forged iron. The other on does not need a crucible takes 10 iron and 10 clay and takes 6 seconds and gives 2 forged steel. I assume the first recipe is the one that should give two forged steel IE: it is more efficient with the use of the crucible.

Archived