New Crossbow Ammo

diemechaniker

Hey guys, was just playing 7DTD and was in early game with a crossbow, and thought, "why isn't there more bolt types?" I think the game should have these more bolts: Incendiary Bolt (Torch+Bolt) Explosive Bolt(Any Land Mine+Bolt) Shrapnel bolt(Explosive Bolt+1 Scrap Iron) If you have any more ideas add them in a comment/reply below. -Die Mechaniker

alot of people have suggested almost the same things... i just put up some code for the explosive variant... This is the issue you run into: Realism ( bolts are small, light, unable to carry any payload of any significance ) Coding ( the game only allows for certain arguments in ref to certain objects )

Honestly the bolts should have different grades- Basic Stone then upgrade to something like a lead tipped or steel tipped. Mostly dependent on how the pimps would want to do this. Also the shape of the bolt head. Broadhead (meant for hunting) and Bodkin (for you PVP'ers)

@angelz you have valid points and ideas.. for now tho, it's complicated to add new item textures into the game and i THINK TFP are focusing on mainly adding playable content and fixing big issues they notice... later will come the polish.. and if their efforts so far are any indication of their work ethic.... we will see ALOT more than a few different tips ect ect...

Archived