7 Days to Bri - PvE Server

dhlmaster

Been there for over a week, Level 100ish, nice base built. Today it's nowhere to be found. I see you now have a Medieval server running. Should I assume that these things are connected and that my previous work is gone? I hope not. That would be disappointing.

Unfortunately, the server rental company moved my server to a different machine and IP address without giving me prior notification. They did not move my mods along with the save files. I just got it back up and running with my mods. The medieval mod server is another one of mine. Both are currently up. I have updated the 1st post in this thread with the new server address.

Unfortunately, there was a server wipe involved because initially launching the server without its mods caused the save file to possibly be corrupted. I didn't realize that the mods were missing until I opened a storage container and it bugged/crashed the game. Sorry for any inconvenience, and also for my slow response here. I normally check this thread daily, but sometimes I miss things. For quickest response time, message me on discord.

Edited by dhlmaster (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...

Glad to hear you had a good time. I hope you'll try again sometime. Starting on horde night is never a good way to go. If you ever do find yourself in a bind, type /spawn into the chat window and you will be transported to a safe spot after several seconds. The base wall is invulnerable so you can technically choose to sit out horde night.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I might cruise by and take a look, though I'm super shy. I love the maps, and from what the OP states, it looks like it should be interesting, and fun.

Shyness won't be an issue. The servers are not crowded at all. Half the time that I check on them nobody is on. Sometimes, there are 3 or 4. I don't think anybody will be offended if you're not overly sociable.

Tried out the server and the first impressions are great :). Nicely modded, nothing annoyingly intrusive and QoL modding is always nice - especially the increased animal spawning!

Did, however, run into an issue regarding the /teleport command. Found a nice location using the live server map, used the coordinates to teleport, got a confirmation that it was succesful and then... nothing. Waited a couple of minutes but it just didnt happen. Tried the command again, which doesn't work cause one has to wait 10 minutes before issuing another teleport command. So, just letting you know, there seems to be an issue with it.

Otherwise, looking forward seeing you all ingame.

Edit: Also, the discord link in the OP doesnt work.

Edited by Coros
. (see edit history)

Thanks for the heads-up about the teleports. CBSM commands have been hit or miss lately. I think it's an issue on their end, not much I can do except reset and hope for the best. I will check out the discord link and replace with a new one if needed. It was supposed to be a permalink when I set it up.

Edit: just checked, and that link appears to be working. If it's not working for you, try this temporary link: https://discord.gg/APBCs7 it should be good for 1 day. Hope to see you around.

Thanks for the warm welcome :). Got the temporary link working as well but my friend tried out the permalink as well (Sadly not interested in playing 7 days, just asked him to replicate the possible problem) and the result is the same - Invite is timed out.

Oh, hey Coros. Saw you on yesterday or today.. whichever.. . I came on to check something real quick for a SP game... also slightly freaked out a little bit. BUT... I'm enjoying the place a lot. I'm trying to get ahead of the resource farming curve right now. Also, super appreciate the spawn hub.

It has been having some intermittent issues. I will probably be making Server 2 be the main server once a17 hits, and will either ditch server 1 or use it for backup/testing. It's more of a budget rental, and you get what you pay for. Feel free to send me a discord message when you see the server stopped, and I will reboot as soon as I am able. Unfortunately, that's the best I can offer for the moment

Server 2 has now been converted to the same mods that are running on Server 1. Server 1 stays up for now, I will no longer support it when Alpha 17 comes out. When we start seeing some good mods for a17, I may pick up a second server rental again.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I'm sure the login information is still the same but I wanted to double check because I'm not finding you for some reason. I tried the IP/Port and even searched the name, just in case. Anything else I should try?

I just double checked, and the server info matches. We may have been doing a reboot when you checked. If you still can't find it, I'm not sure what's causing that.

I did some digging and it seems that the last digit of the server's IP address is occasionally changing between 4 and 5. Apparently the server host doesn't have it on a static IP. If you try connecting directly to the IP and it's no good, try the alternative number.