Should mods be removable? Pros and Cons.

Roland

Should mods be removable? Pros and Cons.  

136 members have voted

1. 1. Should mods be removable? Pros and Cons.

• Yes, we should be able to swap them in and out as we please.
    • No, they should be permanent once attached to a weapon.

Too much freedom is bad too.

Only if you feel the urge to abuse that freedom. I find that not performing game breaking strategies is a very effective method to ensure a game stays fun. And since what constitutes "game breaking" is going to vary from player to player, it's impossible for the game to cover every single eventuality.

Only if you feel the urge to abuse that freedom. I find that not performing game breaking strategies is a very effective method to ensure a game stays fun. And since what constitutes "game breaking" is going to vary from player to player, it's impossible for the game to cover every single eventuality.

If your can restrictive yourself so much you allways can play the creative sandbox mode.

If your can restrictive yourself so much you allways can play the creative sandbox mode.

Do enemies and the 7th day hordes spawn correctly in creative mode? I've only ever used it for short periods to test new builds and mechanics outside of the regular game.

I've been in DM/CM through most horde nights (server admin) and they work fine; dunno about official "Start in Creative Mode" though. Who does that, anyway... :)

It never even occurred to me to try - I had assumed it was essentially a "Test mode" that isn't intended to contain a regular game. More of a quick "is this base structurally sound" or "how does the new mechanic X work exactly"?

I often have CM enabled in regular games, but that's just to replace stuff that I lose due to bugs. (Still happens from time to time)

Starting the player with less bag space won't add anything except tedium. It's easy enough to make drop containers for less important loot that you can then round up later as you're out scavenging anyway.

Post release, it really should be a selectable option; resorting to .dll modification is not a longterm solution.

I know you are the one who wants to have a big backpack, blue tools and weapons at the beginning of the game))) I want to survive and feel that I always have something that's always missing, and I need to achieve this!

At the start of the game, I created a small backpack for 6 cells and that's enough. At this time, I need to build a shelter or find it. After that I start to collect loot and then I already need a larger backpack.

I can create a bag for 20-45 cells, but it will be very heavy and the character will run slower and get tired more quickly. Also this bag can be very noisy, and I will become a good target for zombies.

But I can find in the world the same bag for 20-45 cells, which will weigh less and do not hit in speed and endurance. And also this bag can be noiseless (or can not 50/50)

I think so, or something like that, it would be cool.

So what we have after 2 weeks? 138 ppl voted, it even less then active players count for single populated server. And this voters are just a small sample, mainly solo players. Of course you guys very skilled, 1000+ hours played, and want challenge, each of you want challenge in own way. But what about rest 99.99% not voted here?

After many conversing with communities, server admins, friends, I'd make one conclusion - they want comfortable play. No matter if it "always walk+difficulty2" or "Insane difficulty+feral enemies". Peoples asking for teleports, increased stack sizes, new tier late game weapons and tools etc, not because it makes game easy, but because it makes game more comfortable.

And about attachments... I read thread, and now Im really dont care removable they or not. Its a very decent difference. And peoples not readed this thread just will use what they get in A17.

What about another idea: Mods should be removable, but only:

a.) at a trader, which charges for the cost,

or

b.) at a special workstation, which consumes additional material (like glue/clothes/adhesive tape) when adding/removing a mod.

But in both cases, weapons and mods should not break.

Archived