please get rid of wasteland land mines

davethebakerx2

getting killed by something you can't see is terrible. ive stopped playing after the third death in a row from invisible land mines. there is literally nothing there. no hubcap or candy tin. ive even walked up to a dead zombie only to get killed by a land mine the zombie was laying on. don't kill a game with bad decisions.

hmm long time ago it happend too me. I was killed, destoyed, fragged into pieces but i learned my lesson and avoid the wasteland or i am carefull. So dont complain, just survive

PS and of coz u can see them, may be not if u re running backwards ;)

It sucks, but I just ignore the wasteland, only sticking to roads and towns. I've missed out on several treasure maps and air drops. And you're right, they are invisible. I've got a 65" tv, and have scoured the landscape visually...and boom everytime.

i dont have a whole lot of wasteland in my map thankfully, but i try my hardest to avoid it. I will go around it even if where im going is easier to get to by going through it. Its just one of those things you deal with and find a way around

I found this on PC section :

The developers plan to add detection and disarming perks and minigame so that in the future you will be able to disarm them and then collect it (most likely just as a hubcap and not as mine).

Until then your only option is to notice it before stepping on it and shooting it from a distance with a firearm to make it go off. Sometimes due to the uneven terrain it is impossible to see a landmine.

I'm upset too with landmines. I personnaly consider them as more deadly than zombies, as you can see, hear zombies, and they doesn't one-shot you without warning.

I rolled back to a pre-traders and pre-landmines map, while waiting for an update to disarm them.

For me, the game goal is now not escaping zombies anymore (7DTD == zombies survival crafting game), but escaping landmines (landmines survival crafting game).

The map on console is small due to radiation zone, there was no reason to make it smaller with an useless zone (wasteland) due to landmines.

don't kill a game with bad decisions.

For me, the main concept of the game, zombie survival, was ruined with unpickable landmines. I don't care about zombies anymore, i turned them off, and I now play the game as a "building game".

What's the point of trying to escape death from zombies if you have no way to escape death from landmines ?

Nearly all my deaths in the game have come from landmines (apart from that one where I didn’t realise I had exploding crossbow bolts equipped and fired one too close to a bock and blew myself up!! Anyway....), I absolutely loathe them and would love to see a toggle option in the menu. They do seem to be so tricky to spot in other environments and invisible in the wasteland, especially if you’re being chased by dogs! I have to venture through wasteland to get to the only trader I've found - I never, ever leave the main road and I’ve been ok so far.

I found this on PC section :

I'm upset too with landmines. I personnaly consider them as more deadly than zombies, as you can see, hear zombies, and they doesn't one-shot you without warning.

I rolled back to a pre-traders and pre-landmines map, while waiting for an update to disarm them.

For me, the game goal is now not escaping zombies anymore (7DTD == zombies survival crafting game), but escaping landmines (landmines survival crafting game).

The map on console is small due to radiation zone, there was no reason to make it smaller with an useless zone (wasteland) due to landmines.

For me, the main concept of the game, zombie survival, was ruined with unpickable landmines. I don't care about zombies anymore, i turned them off, and I now play the game as a "building game".

What's the point of trying to escape death from zombies if you have no way to escape death from landmines ?

Zombies turned off because you can’t spot mines? Too each their own but that’s kind of sad lol...

I know it's been a while since I played on my PS4, but the mines were visible last time. Hard to see, but if you are careful it's a non-issue.

Once you have decent gear and HP, they aren't a problem at all unless you step on 5 or 6 willy-milly.

195 wellness and stamina, iron legs and boots, bandit chest and gloves and a mining helmet. Boom, dead. I was creeping and scanning for differences in the terrain. It was level, with nothing sticking up. Still went boom. Screw the wastelands.

REALLY? all this over unexploded ordinance in the war zone? i am mostly blind and have very few issues with the mines in the wasteland. after the first few mis steps i started to spend a lot of time at army camps honining my anti mine skills. first step is identification, learning exactly what to look for. once you master that, everything else is childs play. hint: the hub caps you find in the wasteland can be harvested to make your own mines.

REALLY? all this over unexploded ordinance in the war zone? i am mostly blind and have very few issues with the mines in the wasteland. after the first few mis steps i started to spend a lot of time at army camps honining my anti mine skills. first step is identification, learning exactly what to look for. once you master that, everything else is childs play. hint: the hub caps you find in the wasteland can be harvested to make your own mines.

I would be careful with that last bit of advice, saw a hubcap almost picked it up then walked further away and shot it with an iron bolt and it exploded.

I would be careful with that last bit of advice, saw a hubcap almost picked it up then walked further away and shot it with an iron bolt and it exploded.

I 100% agree with you, I have a personal experience on this.

I saw a hubcap in wasteland, I was reluctant to pick it up, I shot a sniper rifle shot on it, hit it and no effect.

But I switched to the saved-off shotgun, fired upon the hubcap, and finally I had a mine explosion !

Wellness/Health/Stamina 250

Full set of military gear, all lvl 600, fully repaired

Still die from one land mine, even if on lvl 600 fully repaired minibike

I've been playing for awhile (~200 days, 2 hour long days), still my first playthrough. 11 of my 17 deaths were from landmines. 5 deaths were dogs bleeding me out early game before I had good supply of first aid kits. The 1 other death was falling while doing construction on a base. Some of the mines are impossible to see, especially on slopes.

I do avoid the wasteland unless there's a treasure chest there. When I go, I leave my bike on the road and store everything I don't need for digging in it - so if I set off a mine I don't have to go after the backpack.

I don't think they should be removed from the game, though.

If they were all visible, or if we could survive a single one, I'd actually enjoy having them in the game.

Remember all who played the game from the start (day one).

They were landmines, they already did one-shot the character.

(That's credible too with real landmines, real minesweepers wears a bulletproof jacket so "there is something to bury").

They weren't landmines in wasteland, but army camp were surrounded by them.

We had NO problem with those landmines.

Why ? They were pickable !

Remember we liked to pick them in order to use them to protect our bases !

Sometimes one blew up, but it was not negatively feeled as it was one out of many.

As soon as they turned them unpickable (sadistic) devs changed the game experience.

Devs plans to code a mini-game in order to disarm them, and perks in order to detect them.

That's fine, but they should have not locked landmines as unpickable in the meantime.

My opinion : unlock landmines as pickable again, players will stop moaning as they will hunt landmines again for their own bases.

"Pick them all !"

It's designed to be a highly dangerous area. Harder Zeds spawn there. Dogs spawn there regularly. Landmines abound. If only the Zeds would set of the landmines too, it would make a nice area for a base.

In my games zeds do set off the mines quite frequently.

Early game I just avoid the Wasteland completely.

Later game, I will typically build a path to where I need to go. Yes, I have build a three wide wooden “road” to get to the trader in the wasteland.

I have also build a wood frame path to treasure map locations. Can’t blow up if you aren’t on the ground.

Archived