Filling empty jars out of a water source.

kingcoop60

Not sure if mechanics was the right category. I am having a bit of trouble while trying to scoop water with the empty jars equipped. While rapidly pulling the right trigger and moving all around a water source I am lucky to get the jars to fill up.

Hi Kingcoop60,

Thank you for reporting this, I can confirm that rapidly hitting the right trigger does cause issues with collecting water. I have submitted a suggestion to the team to look into this to see if anything can or needs to be changed. It could be caused by rapid succession of multiple inputs if as you mentioned you are moving around also.

Clare

Hi Clare

The reason I was rapidly hitting the right trigger and moving around like such is because I was trying to do anything I could to get my character to scoop the water. My character will not scoop water standing still either. And I have also tried removing and replacing the empty jars on the tool belt to no avail.

Thanks

Hi Kingcoop60,

I am sorry for the confusion. Is this something new that has occurred for this character, or has it always been the case? have you ever been able to fill the jars with water on other saves?

Which console are you playing on? Have you tried clearing the cache of your console? (Shutting down and unplugging for 5 mins before rebooting)

What kind of water source are you trying to fill from, or does that make a difference?

Clare

• 3 weeks later...

Alright Clare I'm back lol sorry it has taken me so long to get back to ya. So I have done all the resetting there is to do beside uninstalling and reinstalling and still have the same problem in any water source. I can use snowballs to make bottled water which is totally fine and my favorite method. Xbox One X is the console.

Hi Kingcoop60,

Thank you for the update. Can you confirm for me if this is just something that effects this character / save? and if it always happened or if it is new and was possible triggered by something? If you start a new save does the same occur?

Does the trigger effect other actions in game or just the water filling one? Just to rule it out, is there another controller you can try / have tried?

If you are not holding a jar, does the direct drinking action work correctly?

Clare

Ugh I'm so sorry for wasting your time of course its a localized problem because I had controls mixed up. It wasn't until you asked if my character could drink water by hand that I figured it out. I have realized that it doesn't always work right away using the left trigger so I must have swapped at some point and tried using the right trigger and stuck with it for some reason. My bad feel free to delete this post. Thanks for working with me anyhow.

- - - Updated - - -

Ugh I'm so sorry for wasting your time of course its a localized problem because I had controls mixed up. It wasn't until you asked if my character could drink water by hand that I figured it out. I have realized that it doesn't always work right away using the left trigger so I must have swapped at some point and tried using the right trigger and stuck with it for some reason. My bad feel free to delete this post. Thanks for working with me anyhow.

- - - Updated - - -

I noticed I even mentioned using the right trigger when I first posted where were ya on that one lol you are supposed to correct me.

Archived