Mod List

Clockwork Orange

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I currently use Valmod since I play with friends and that's the one they like the most that we've tried. However, we were talking recently of wanting to make like an "Alaskan" type game. Basically 6/18 light/dark respectively and all snow biome, but still use Valmod. I was looking at Eternal Frost, it looks viable, but I did not know if it'd work to write a Mod over another Mod. I could see that causing some issues if files are missing things. What would the best way be going about doing this? Even if it's simply just making all Biomes snow only, but I don't know how to do that.

I've messed with the progression, recipe, and loot xmls. Created a few of my own recipes and changed up progression to go up to player lvl 1000, and basically doubled the levels of the rest if able. I would just need to know the location and general idea and pretty sure I could figure out the rest. I didn't know where else would be best to ask this.

Its fine to ask here, most people start a new thread asking for specific help, either way as long as you get help it doesn't really matter.

If you want to use valmod you have to use only valmod files and you can modify those files to do what you wish.

I currently do not know what files are included in the valmod and what other files you may have added on top of those but it is important to know that any modifications made to the game within a file like items for eg cant be overwritten with a different mod you have to merge all changes from two different mods of the same file. Its best to use the "main mod" valmod in this case as your base files for modification.

You can basically do whatever you want once you know what all the files control and what your limits are within them.

If you like someones terrain generation and want only snow biomes that can easily be done. I dont have much time myself for modding or much of anything lately. and with A17 just mere months away from release... jks. Its probably not the best idea to spend too much time fiddling with A16 files right now.

That said if you really want this to happen I might see what I can do if I get some free time. IF you want you can make list of mods or be specific about what you want in list form, cause once I get started I can take care of it all quickly.

Yeah, that'd make sense. And as you said, with A17 coming out before too long (hopefully next month at this rate, better that it be working well with bugs than horribly with bugs, heh), there wouldn't be much point in messing with it for it to be pointless later. Even though we can keep different versions of the game around, with how it's looking, once A17E hits, I may never go back, lol. I think it'd just be cool to have a mainly all snow biome map, and much much longer nights (which I know that can be done in the dedicatedserver file, so that's not the issue). Just mainly how to get it to 1 biome would be sufficient.

Ok so there are a few ways to do this the ones i can think of are to simply change the rwgmixer to only spawn the snow biome, the problem with that is you lose all the other biomes and what they have available from zombie spawns to what you can get for loot and pois etc etc.

So the other way is to add a layer of snow to all biomes and change their weather to the snow biome weather.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Clockwork-Orange is there just a gun mod that adds a few guns like whats in war of the walkers I like the guns in that mod but hate the rest of it

Hey sorry for late response I have been away for work, it is really quite easy to add a few guns, if you wish to name those weapons I could maybe take a look and try whip something up for you

Hi Clockwork,

I don't know if you also include SDX mods in this list, if so, you might want to add my Custom Vehicles SDX mod.

I also have many other SDX modlets on my github.

Some are originals, some are inspired by features in existing mods, and some are mods from others that I converted to SDX for being able to easily merge them with any other sdx mod.

There is a visual overview of all my mods content in the readme, at the bottom of the github page linked above.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Clockwork,

I don't know if you also include SDX mods in this list, if so, you might want to add my Custom Vehicles SDX mod.

I also have many other SDX modlets on my github.

Some are originals, some are inspired by features in existing mods, and some are mods from others that I converted to SDX for being able to easily merge them with any other sdx mod.

There is a visual overview of all my mods content in the readme, at the bottom of the github page linked above.

Sorry for late reply I am away for work a lot and only have access to my pc ever second weekend, I updated the main thread to include as many sdx mods as I could find for now including yours, cheers!

Guest Nyteshade12134

Do you plan on keeping the mods for Alpha 16 up when Alpha 17 drops? I think I'm going to continue playing A16 until they get the bugs worked out of A17.

Archived