7 Days To Die Question

Daniel86

Hello everybody,

I've got a question.

I've been playing 7 Days To Die for a while now, and have had a very wide score and a lot of playing there, and now I'd be interested to see If Alpha 17 comes at some point, then the old score will stay or is all gone and you Must start from scratch?

Thank you in advance,

Best regards,

Daniel

When a17 hits you will have to wipe your save and start a new one. Any attempt to carry over data from a16 to a17 will almost certainly result in corruption, bugs, and may even prevent the game from loading.

I'm assuming that you mean the in-game score, which is specific to your character on that particular save.

Any information in Steam for Achievements would be retained within Steam. (Kill counts, ect.)

When a17 hits you will have to wipe your save and start a new one. Any attempt to carry over data from a16 to a17 will almost certainly result in corruption, bugs, and may even prevent the game from loading.

I'm assuming that you mean the in-game score, which is specific to your character on that particular save.

Any information in Steam for Achievements would be retained within Steam. (Kill counts, ect.)

Hello,

Thank you for your prompt reply.

understood so far, but I actually wanted to know if everything else then also remains z.b. the bases and all houses zb. that you have built there?

Hello,

Thank you for your prompt reply.

understood so far, but I actually wanted to know if everything else then also remains z.b. the bases and all houses zb. that you have built there?

Everything will have to be wiped. This is game map, structures, the entire seed. It's the nature of an Alpha. Every major release requires a clean slate.

They did try to make it so that a full wipe was not required, but there are many possibilities for bugs and you will not get new features. Given the large number of changes coming in a17, especially with a new Unity version, I am fairly certain that nothing will roll over.

It should be possible to stop Auto-update through STEAM if you really want to keep your current world, but you won't be able to play on-line with anybody who has updated to alpha 17.

The update where we got Traders changed a map with the same name by a large amount. The map went from almost 50% water, with extreme mountains, to much less water (under 20%) and more moderate terrain. But that only changed when I updated and made a new world with the same name.

Archived