Which is the LESS important main feature of the game V

Roland

Which is the LESS important main feature of the game V  

160 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the LESS important main feature of the game V

• Enemy Hit Point Bars that pop up when they are targeted
    • Open versions of containers that aren't containers
    • Keep them both! In Pimps We Trust!!!

opps I voted "Open versions of containers that aren't containers", thought it was feature to keep.

If I had to cut out a feature. HP BAR for sure. Less is MORE. Double Tapping Zombies are key feature in zombie survival game.

The keep them both is the "none of the above" option for this round. You are voting FOR the one you want gone with the most prejudice. If you don't want either completely 100% equally then you are out of luck in this poll but you already admitted that you only hate the one with the heat of 1000 suns whereas the other is just a bit of a sunburn. :)

Uggg! I voted both, not reading everything :( But I thought it was "In Pimps We Trust!!!" :) Neither sound 'worth' it and as many have already mentioned... "Not appealing"/'or good' either way.

Well dang. I guess I can’t be defensive when the evidence is plain that my poll this time around is way too confusing.

Besides...Red convinced me that keeping both and modding stuff out is the best option. So I guess I would change my vote too.

Worst Poll Ever II

Well dang. I guess I can’t be defensive when the evidence is plain that my poll this time around is way too confusing.

Besides...Red convinced me that keeping both and modding stuff out is the best option. So I guess I would change my vote too.

Worst Poll Ever II

Don't be too hard on yourself...Stats Can did a way worse job recently (twice) and that cost Canadian tax payers actual moolah.

And many of us still appreciate the effort to gather feedback from the community...even if the relentless teasing says otherwise :smile-new:

Some percentage of containers (e.g. fridges, ovens, cupboards, etc) in a POI will be graphically presented as "opened". These objects are not containers but are just static blocks that decorate the room with variety but no interaction. Thus you can enter a room and know to skip anything that looks open and only search things that appear closed.

The criticism of this is that it will effectively reduce the lootable containers in every POI and also be meaningless decoration that the player will just instantly process as irrelevant. The upside is that it will bring greater visual variation to POI's.

In my mind it is a missed opportunity to create containers that have an open/closed presentation and could create more looting scenarios. This game (to me) is all about interacting with everything and the more static blocks we have in the game rather than interactive blocks the more like other games this one becomes. I don't hate it like I do the HP bar but I'd like to see it develop further than is currently planned. If it turns out the current implementation is just the first iteration then Happy Day!

Thanks for the info.

In that case, I want the health bars to stay; but don't care for the open cupboards. If they want more visual variety in the POIs, they'd be better having different styles of cupboard and drawer and the like rather than more "filler" blocks with no function.

Some percentage of containers (e.g. fridges, ovens, cupboards, etc) in a POI will be graphically presented as "opened". These objects are not containers but are just static blocks that decorate the room with variety but no interaction. Thus you can enter a room and know to skip anything that looks open and only search things that appear closed.

The criticism of this is that it will effectively reduce the lootable containers in every POI and also be meaningless decoration that the player will just instantly process as irrelevant. The upside is that it will bring greater visual variation to POI's.

In my mind it is a missed opportunity to create containers that have an open/closed presentation and could create more looting scenarios. This game (to me) is all about interacting with everything and the more static blocks we have in the game rather than interactive blocks the more like other games this one becomes. I don't hate it like I do the HP bar but I'd like to see it develop further than is currently planned. If it turns out the current implementation is just the first iteration then Happy Day!

In Maincraft, when you open a chest, it opens also visually. Is not it possible to do this at 7 Days To Die? The world is too static now. No rotation of wind generators? No animation to open containers? No moving blocks. No no no...

IDK does this game really need more loot opportunities? That's why I don't care about the open doors deal.

Hey Roland.

Since your in the poll thang lately..

How about the next poll be about keeping or getting rid of the "Quality Joe" perk?

And in addition, location will determine the level of loot and threat. Ideally, the closer to the map edge the greater the loot and danger. Make Adventure great again!

loose the stupid hit bars and stealth bars and every other CONSOLE infulence inflicted on this game. power moves? another console infulence. What next?? auto targeting? so i dont have to bother aiming just pull the trigger?

its the complexity of PC games that draw us to them the ability to be more and better than a console. this game is still great but it could be so much more.

That's quite enough of that! Poll title hopefully fixed.

First off, awesome pic! Second, it is kind of pointless to "fix" a poll after it has started. It makes more sense to close and recreate it, possibly including the action taken with each option instead of just in the title. Like "Remove enemy hit point bars", "Remove blocks that look like open containers but are not containers", and "Don't remove either, keep them both!". FAR less confusing to the voters I would think.

Worst Poll Ever II

It was only slightly confusing as the important automatically gets associated with something people want to keep. So an important item to cut is a bit odd way to think of it..

I occasionally have glimpses of rational useful thoughts.

Not the worst poll ever by a long shot.

After all, got us to agree on something. I'm always partial to disabling or just not using a function but having it available as an option. Example: when TFP first removed zombie changing speed based on light level, that code to check light level was retained for many versions allowing mods to still use that code up until it was eventually removed. Having code around (assuming it does not introduce or cause bugs in active code) has always been my preference in all applications where the user might want a custom experience (one of the reasons I don't use Chrome/FF/IE and instead use Pale Moon and Basilisk, customization).

Worst Poll Ever II

Perhaps we need a poll so that we can vote on which poll is the worst poll ever.

Other polls have been "What to vote for as your choice". Most recently, "What item do you think is more important to work on?" type of polls. Real life elections (usually) are about making a choice for what you agree with.

Then there is this poll..

Sort of a double negative.

This poll wording and technique is like have a presidential election and stating "Select the candidate you do not wish to win".

The logic in the poll wording is a bit lacking and seems to imply trickery.

Other polls have been "What to vote for as your choice". Most recently, "What item do you think is more important to work on?" type of polls. Real life elections (usually) are about making a choice for what you agree with.

Then there is this poll..

Sort of a double negative.

This poll wording and technique is like have a presidential election and stating "Select the candidate you do not wish to win".

The logic in the poll wording is a bit lacking and seems to imply trickery.

congratulations... you got it :)

Archived