MD5 error

LGN JokerakaMrJ

Hi, so I was playing a solo navzgame on 7 days to die on my Xbox one, and I absolutely loved this game at first, until I got to day 37, at this point I had a huge base made and had an large collection of food, guns/ammo, and crafting materials, but mid way through day 37 while I was improving my base, my game froze, it was frozen for about ten seconds and then the game crashed bringing me back to the Xbox home screen. When I loaded back into the game my entire base was erased and all of my food, ammo/weapons, and materials (which were all stored in crates inside my base) had simply vanished. All I had left was what I had on me in my tool belt and backpack ( which wasn't much). I'm extremely upset and I don't even want to continue my game. I feel I have completely wasted my $30 along with 37 hours of my life. I want my money back for this game. But in the hopes that you guys can fix this issue I want to let you know I had the digital version of the game on the Xbox one, I was playing solo navzgame on adventure difficulty, all default settings except for I had the daylight length at 18 and the zombies run set to: never run. Please help me!!!

Hi LGN JokerakaMrJ

I am sorry to hear your game was hit by an MD5 error. This error can cause sections to be reset to the Day 1 state. All information on this error can be found here - https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?50175-Known-Issue-Terrain-Rewriting-(MD5-Issue)

At the bottom of the first post there is a link to a player found workaround that a large number of players have said works for them - https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?69218-Possible-work-around-and-or-solution-to-md5-crashes(base-wipes-resets) - however as this is an unofficial workaround that involves deleting and resyncing files, caution is advised.

We have no access to player saves, all of them are maintained on the consoles and as such I cannot restore any previous Data. The nature of XB1 backups also means they are backed up fairly quickly, this is why the workaround mentioned above is so time sensitive.

I completely understand how frustrating and disheartening this issue is for players, the team have not given up on fixing the remaining triggers of the MD5 errors. Because of the nature of the error, I do not have an estimate on when this will be. If you do wish to seek a refund you will need to do so from the vendor that sold you the game. I do not have access to player accounts, transaction data or payment information.

If you have any other questions about the MD5 error I will do my best to answer them for you.

Clare

Archived