SDX mods in MultiPlayer...

Beard_One

Hi - wondering if you could help. Not all mods seem to work on multiplayer games; is there a way to make this happen? For example, new weapons, etc etc - i have all the files on my local pc and i BUILD the game using SDX, but players who join my game wont have the same files and the mods dont work for them... How do you get around this please?

With sdx mods, non xml files need to be distributed, and everyone will have to have the same build. Look at it the same way you can't connect to a a16 server with a a15 client.

Spherii launcher is an invaluable tool to distribute and sync mods between multiple players, and i can't think of a simpler way of doing it

Thanks Mortelentus - could you tell me - does this REPLACE sdx?

I've been using SDX for .xml mods, but obviously, as you say, anything with new blocks/icons etc, it needs distributing. The 7D2D Launcher app seems ideal for loading the mods found in the list. Am i right in thinking i can add my own (sdx) mods to the list and distribute them to the guys who play on my server all via the 7dtd Launcher app? A few questions, a suppose:

1) What is the main difference between SDX and 7dtd Launcher, and is one supposed to replace the other?

2) I love some of the individual mods the likes of HAL release, and there are loads of small mods i like to implement. I've tried looking at the HELP for the 7dtd Launcher but it doesnt cover how to combine mods... For example, if i want to combine the VALMOD Overhaul with one or two smaller mods that i personally like (for example the Rotating Bridge), how do i go about that? Thanks; really appreciate your help!

SDX is a software that allows for code injection at runtime, which THEN enables new assets to be included into the game. You can have an xml only mod under sdx, and you can build and run the game from the sdx menu, because all building does is edit the .dll to allow for the additional assets and move those assets and corresponding xmls over to the game folder for launch.

So it IS sort of managing your mods, and can sort of merge certain ones, but is kind of a waste of its abilities. This method overwrites your game folder.

The mod launcher literally copies your vanilla folder to a NEW folder, and applies specific mods (sdx and or vanilla) via download to the new folder, allowing multiple mods to be installed in multiple folders.

So although in some circumstances they can both be used to accomplish the same thing, the ideal usage to run mods, sdx or xml, is to use the launcher.

To combine mods in the launcher I think you just check box multiple mods. The problem there is that the launcher has to be told which mods to include. So either Sphereii has to include them on his end, are you have to add them manually on your end.

The problem is, the mud launcher does not combine xmls. So since valmod uses the blocks XML and so would the drawbridge, the mod launcher would not be good for combining those two. You would be better off combining them manually, and then adding that "mod" to the launcher, for use.

• 4 weeks later...
To combine mods in the launcher I think you just check box multiple mods. The problem there is that the launcher has to be told which mods to include. So either Sphereii has to include them on his end, are you have to add them manually on your end.

The problem is, the mud launcher does not combine xmls. So since valmod uses the blocks XML and so would the drawbridge, the mod launcher would not be good for combining those two. You would be better off combining them manually, and then adding that "mod" to the launcher, for use.

Hi there. I am trying someting out but its not working... I want almost all mods from this page: https://github.com/7D2DSDX/Mods

I installed a mod via the launcher and then added these mods mannualy into the mod folder. But its not working? Its only loading 1 mod.

I did understand that it was not able to use Valmod including other mods. But is it possible to use Starvationmod in combo with this list? I like all kinds of mods and want a big game :p

I hope you have experience on adding multiple mods. Thank you

all of those are sdx source files

you need to compile them into a single mod with sdx build then distribute the compiled files via the launcher. At the least for any mod that has more than xml you need the Assembly-CSharp.dll, SDX.Core.dll, SDX.Payload.dll, Mods.dll, any assets you changed, any xml you changed, the Mods/SDX folder for your combined mod.

if you want to use starvation or valmod as a base then you will need to do a lot more work. starvation already patches the Assembly-CSharp.dll so it cant be used as a backup, but valmod files can be used as the backup that sdx builds on top of. Unless you know what you are doing tho it is very easy to break.

Archived