Explanation of Features & Guidelines
1. User Accounts
You must create an account and be logged in to post or perform other actions. We manually approve your first few posts to fight spam, which means they may not appear immediately. Only one account per person is allowed; duplicate accounts will be deleted.
2. Safety & Security
Although we’re not responsible for any user’s negligence where it comes to safety & security, we do recommend that users:
- Use a strong password, and don't share it.
- Not share personal contact details, like real name, phone number, or address.
- Not arrange to meet anyone from these forums in real life, and that minors in particular always consult their parents or guardian first.
3. Categories & Sections
The forum is organized into PC and Console categories. These categories have sections with identical names, so please take care to post new threads in the correct section. Threads posted in the wrong section can result in moderator action.
4. Blocking Users
If you and another user aren’t getting along, you have the option of blocking specific users so that you don’t see their posts. Understand that by blocking users, you may miss out on important parts of a discussion.
On Steam, go to a user’s Profile -> More -> Block All Communication.
Users may not use the forums to advertise any websites, products, or services in general, with limited exceptions:
- In the Servers & Community section, you may post links to 7 Days to Die servers and server providers.
- In the Channels section, you may post links to video channels that focus on the game (recorded and live-streaming).
- In the Images & Videos section, you may post links to one-off videos and screenshots of the game.
Links or references to websites, images, or videos in other parts of the forum are allowed only if they relate directly to the existing topic. Anything else is considered spam. Discussion in another user’s thread about the media itself (for instance, asking people to ‘like’ a video) is considered off topic and not allowed.
6. Getting Help and Reporting Problems
If you encounter a bug in the game and/or need support, you may report it here on the forums in the appropriate section. We encourage and appreciate your bug reports. Please observe the specific rules and restrictions for each section that may be set in sticky threads, such as "Read before creating new threads".
If you need support with an issue outside of the game itself, such as with your key or with forum registration, please use the support page.
7. Private Messaging
Private messages are subject to the rules below regarding Misbehavior, Piracy, Spam, Meta-Forum Commentary, and Release Date Harassment. In addition, private messages are meant to be seen only by the intended recipient, unless the sender and receiver agree otherwise. However, moderators can review all private messages that are reported.
All content on this forum is moderated. The moderators are here to help keep things organized, placid, and free of trouble. Contact them via private message if you're unsure if something is allowed, or if you need an administrative change like a new user name or deletion of your forum account. Moderators may specify in a thread what is suitably on or off topic, or otherwise clarify the rules, and users must heed these guidelines.
9. Reporting Posts
Please report any post you think needs moderator attention using the button at the top right corner of that post. Don’t reply to such posts (including spam), as this ultimately creates more content to clean up. Note that only moderators see these reports. Although moderation takes time, we review all reported posts and take moderator actions as we judge appropriate. Reports that are false, uncivil, or fail to cite an actual rule violation are considered abusive and themselves subject to moderator action.
10. Moderator Actions
Use of this forum is a privilege, not a right. If the moderators find a post to be in violation of any of these rules, they may take some or all of the following actions.
- Edit out the unacceptable part of the post.
- Move the post to a more appropriate section or thread.
- Delete the post entirely.
- Edit, move, or delete subsequent posts that quote or refer to the edited, moved, or deleted post.
- Lock or delete the thread.
- Issue the user a warning, with a message describing the rule violation.
- Issue the user an infraction, with a message describing the rule violation. Too many infractions in too short a timespan will automatically trigger a ban.
- Issue the user an immediate ban.
- Delete the account without warning, if it primarily spreads spam.
- Send the user's IP address etc. to higher authorities, if it looks like they've done something illegal.