Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

From earlier in the thread...

The read option does not work. It's something TFP have done. Put the book on your hotbar, select it so the book is in your hand and then left click to read it.

Got it. Figured it was covered somewhere in the 100 pages and I did a quick (not very thorough) search but didn't see it.

While I got you here, my first horde night had zero zombies. I'm set up next to the trader and heard a few gunshots to start the night so maybe they got the first wave but there was nothing after that.

Also, I just got attacked by a radiated zombie (maybe 5 in the morning, day 12) and while fighting it, the console popped up with the message "NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object." I cannot close the console or control my character and the zombie is running in place.

I love the ability you've given us to upgrade the traders base and I've actually made one my own. Unfortunately, it seems to have had a negative effect on the blood moon horde. They won't come near the base on blood moon night so far on days 7 or 14. I have to leave and attract them to myself then fight them hardcore and run back to the base if I get overwhelmed and let the guards gun them down. Any reason that you know of that would make them avoid the trader? Also, is there a way to heal the guards. That would be cool add along with giving them better armor.

Got it. Figured it was covered somewhere in the 100 pages and I did a quick (not very thorough) search but didn't see it.

While I got you here, my first horde night had zero zombies. I'm set up next to the trader and heard a few gunshots to start the night so maybe they got the first wave but there was nothing after that.

Also, I just got attacked by a radiated zombie (maybe 5 in the morning, day 12) and while fighting it, the console popped up with the message "NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object." I cannot close the console or control my character and the zombie is running in place.

NRE reports need to come with an output_log or I can't fix it.

It can literally be ANYTHING. As for the bloodmoon, make sure you updated because the new version seems to have mostly fixed any issues with that.

I love the ability you've given us to upgrade the traders base and I've actually made one my own. Unfortunately, it seems to have had a negative effect on the blood moon horde. They won't come near the base on blood moon night so far on days 7 or 14. I have to leave and attract them to myself then fight them hardcore and run back to the base if I get overwhelmed and let the guards gun them down. Any reason that you know of that would make them avoid the trader? Also, is there a way to heal the guards. That would be cool add along with giving them better armor.

Can't think of any reason, but I'm not a fan of folks living in the trader anyways. I originally turned the protection off to fix a bug and people liked it, so I left it off.

No, you can't heal the guards or upgrade them. I did toy with the idea of being able to hire better ones, but decided against it.

NRE reports need to come with an output_log or I can't fix it.

It can literally be ANYTHING. As for the bloodmoon, make sure you updated because the new version seems to have mostly fixed any issues with that.

Don't shoot the messenger. It literally happened as I was looking at and responding to your other message so I figured I'd let you know. However, I have no idea what an output_log is.

As for the the horde, I'm using the launcher and am up to date. Sounds like David is having the same issue.

Anyways, thanks for the mod and the hard work.

I have a problem with a certain quest. It's happened twice now. Same quest same problem. Its and clear and fetch quest. The loot to collect is fine but the last remaining spawn is well above the roof and cannot get it to spawn. Any way to force the spawn to finish the quest? 20190206041224_1.thumb.jpg.417b4cf5ac403381d752985ce3943736.jpg

20190206041207_1.thumb.jpg.71f6d527b0b9fedc9d0bb2e80d39715d.jpg

Something is wrong with quest Survivalist 2. After clicking the craft shiv the backpack has filled up shivs. The console has appeared "NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object" and the quest has not been marked as completed.

It's me about this quest again :) Now I did the same quest but for the Hunter without any problems.

I have a problem with a certain quest. It's happened twice now. Same quest same problem. Its and clear and fetch quest. The loot to collect is fine but the last remaining spawn is well above the roof and cannot get it to spawn. Any way to force the spawn to finish the quest? [ATTACH=CONFIG]27532[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]27533[/ATTACH]

I had this same thing happen in Vanilla so I doubt it is related to the mod. Drove us crazy looking for the last "clear" for 30 minutes and we finally gave up.

Any plans to have miner 69er effect the wrench/sledgehammer like in vanilla?

- - - Updated - - -

This happened to me several times, when doing various things, I notice everytime it happened I was regening stamina at the time, the current fix for this is to simply spam escape and quit your current game, then reload the save. I've had this bug happen while riding my bike, and while just running around. Its obscure and only happens once in a while so I bet its going to be a pain in the arse to track down whats causing it. Least the fix is easy just exit and reload your save, still is pretty annoying when it does happen though.

I've seem to contracted some mysterious illness that won't show itself, or go away no matter what I hit it with... honey, herbal and real antibiotics, also tried oranges, bananas, coconuts, coconut water, orange juice and whatnot, but to no avail because the timer just keeps growing. Don't seem to have any debuffs yet though.

Any help on how to get rid of the persistent little bugger would be appreciated :)

Edit: eating glass has crossed my mind, but I would like to avoid it if possible ;)

I passed out for hours, so apologies for the delay. :)

Don't shoot the messenger. It literally happened as I was looking at and responding to your other message so I figured I'd let you know. However, I have no idea what an output_log is.

As for the the horde, I'm using the launcher and am up to date. Sounds like David is having the same issue.

Anyways, thanks for the mod and the hard work.

Didn't mean to come across as harsh, I was on auto-pilot mode because that happens a lot in the discord.... screenshot of red text and no log file to help track it down. Unfortunately the game is not very specific in the error it gives you in the console, hence why it could literally be ANYTHING. :)

I'll look into the horde issue but it was playing nice for other folks... still worth checking though.

It's me about this quest again :) Now I did the same quest but for the Hunter without any problems.

That's good. There's another issue with making leather armour for either the hunter or survivalist as well, but it's like the issue you have... sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't.

I'm reworking how quests give their rewards to see if that helps.

I had this same thing happen in Vanilla so I doubt it is related to the mod. Drove us crazy looking for the last "clear" for 30 minutes and we finally gave up.

Yep, I had it in vanilla too. The compo pack POI's seem to make it worse. I've seriously considered removing them because of that.

Any plans to have miner 69er effect the wrench/sledgehammer like in vanilla?

- - - Updated - - -

This happened to me several times, when doing various things, I notice everytime it happened I was regening stamina at the time, the current fix for this is to simply spam escape and quit your current game, then reload the save. I've had this bug happen while riding my bike, and while just running around. Its obscure and only happens once in a while so I bet its going to be a pain in the arse to track down whats causing it. Least the fix is easy just exit and reload your save, still is pretty annoying when it does happen though.

No. Miner 69'er according to the backup files I have is just a flat block damage bonus to everything. I felt it made more sens to limit it to mining tools.

However I am adding a stamina reduction to it.

I've seem to contracted some mysterious illness that won't show itself, or go away no matter what I hit it with... honey, herbal and real antibiotics, also tried oranges, bananas, coconuts, coconut water, orange juice and whatnot, but to no avail because the timer just keeps growing. Don't seem to have any debuffs yet though.

Any help on how to get rid of the persistent little bugger would be appreciated :)

Edit: eating glass has crossed my mind, but I would like to avoid it if possible ;)

Happens in vanilla as well. You can try this in the console.

debuff buffIllDysentery1
debuff buffIllDysentery2
debuff buffIllFoodPoisoning1
debuff buffIllFoodPoisoning2
debuff buffIllPneumonia1
debuff buffIllInfection1
debuff buffIllInfection2
debuff buffIllInfection3
debuff buffIllDysentery0
debuff buffIllFoodPoisoning0
debuff buffIllPneumonia0
debuff buffIllInfection0

If none of those work, I recommend sticking all your stuff in a chest and chowing down on a glass sandwich. ;)

Apologies if this has been answered/addressed already, as I only scanned through the last five pages of this thread or so. But how exactly do you use the Advanced Forge? It doesn't need fuel, but you still need to smelt materials, and there's no "turn on" button, so I can't smelt anything to make the forged steel.

Granted, I don't think my DF mod is up to date (it only says V2 in the pause screen). So let me know if it's been addressed?

Apologies if this has been answered/addressed already, as I only scanned through the last five pages of this thread or so. But how exactly do you use the Advanced Forge? It doesn't need fuel, but you still need to smelt materials, and there's no "turn on" button, so I can't smelt anything to make the forged steel.

Granted, I don't think my DF mod is up to date (it only says V2 in the pause screen). So let me know if it's been addressed?

It's been fixed since then. The forge was bugged in an early version of the mod and expected fuel when you couldn't put any in it.

So update to 2.02, which WILL reset your character, then pick up the forge and put it back down and it'll work. :)

There are admin items to get your classes back after reset and you can reset action skills and perks with other books as well. So make sure you have a screenshot of your character screen.

That's good. There's another issue with making leather armour for either the hunter or survivalist as well, but it's like the issue you have... sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't.

I'm reworking how quests give their rewards to see if that helps.

Right, now I've done another attempt to the survivalist quest and finished it without any problems. BTW I did not get a single skill for free as in other classes, so it should be?

Question about titanium, are there any rules to look for underground? I found red marks on the wasteland, I collected them, and does digging under them make sense? Is it in every biomet?

Mastery books at trader, when I raised the Better Barter skill to level 3 or 4, it appeared in Secret Stash. Since I have a maximum level of 5 I can not buy them anymore. I have checked 14 traders (9 normal and 5 duplicated) after 5 changes in the assortment in the store and it seems to me impossible that I have such incredible bad luck but that they are not attributed to Better Barter lvl 5.

Solar bank, I can not buy too.

Edited by Krzyrek (see edit history)

Right, now I've done another attempt to the survivalist quest and finished it without any problems. BTW I did not get a single skill for free as in other classes, so it should be?

Question about titanium, are there any rules to look for underground? I found red marks on the wasteland, I collected them, and does digging under them make sense? Is it in every biomet?

Mastery books at trader, when I raised the Better Barter skill to level 3 or 4, it appeared in Secret Stash. Since I have a maximum level of 5 I can not buy them anymore. I have checked 14 traders (9 normal and 5 duplicated) after 5 changes in the assortment in the store and it seems to me impossible that I have such incredible bad luck but that they are not attributed to Better Barter lvl 5.

Solar bank, I can not buy too.

Solar bank wasn't in the vanilla traders either... I'll double check the mod though. I THINK I added it to Trader Caitlin.

I'll also make sure the book appear in trader lists for high secret stash. Sounds like they changed the way that works so I need to adjust for that.

Titanium is underground in ALL biomes. There's no easy way to find it, it just spawns same as any other ore but at a reduced rate. It also spawns above ground in the wasteland.

Page 1 of this thread has all classes listed, what unlocks and which quest unlocks them.

I bought them in vanila a week ago, probably since then nothing has changed.

And thank you for all your answers.

I double-checked. Trader Caitlin has them but you need a high secret stash to get it. :)

Just found this mod I'm am stoked to see how it goes downloading as we speak.

I apologise in advance... :D

Hey Khaine is Rad remover mod "removed" from your modpack?

I found a schematic for it, leveled up yeah science for tier 3 crafting, but still I can only scrap it or drop it.

Edit: Just checked the recipes xml and I see you disabled it. Will just scrap it than.

I think I was using an old recipes file where it was disabled.

But it has been re-enabled for 2.03. :)