Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

If one is able to access the same Perk through 2 different sources, do the Perks stack? Ie., both Hunter and Survivalist have access to "Stealth Assassin". If one put 5 points into each skill, would they aggregate their effects?

Next, perhaps you are aware, but just in case, the Tooltip for "Light Armor" in the Generic Perks under Attributes and Skills (ATTSKILLSANDATT) reads, "Increase Heavy Armor Rating by X%". Thus, to clarify, is this perk currently working as intended despite the Tooltip mixup?

In closing, since this is my first post, I want to say your mod is amazing!

Check with them and see what you can and cannot upload. Some don't like DLL mods, some don't like unity files, etc. :)

I checked with them and myself and it appears that all the files are there on my (client) end and that (server) end. Any other thoughts? I appreciate your help so far.

edit: I have the output_log from my server which may have information that would be helpful, but also a lot of identifying information on my server that I don't want to make public. I can PM it to you if you want.

edit2: saw this line which may have something to do with it?

2019-02-04T20:33:22 36144.840 WRN Spawned entity with wrong pos: [type=EntityPlayer, name=Pale_Rider, id=172] id=172 pos=(0.0, 0.0, 0.0)

Spawning me at 0,0,0 seems like a bad idea...?

edit3: Still no progress. Tried renaming the game in the config, deleting profiles, changing profiles, and I think the only option left is a full wipe and reinstall of the server. I'm hoping you've got another idea before that though.

Edited by Pale_Rider (see edit history)

It's not because it tries to add skills to perks that don't exist in Darkness Falls since I pretty much re-wrote the entire progression file.

So the crops and stuff will be there, but you'd never be able to unlock them.

That's a pity, though completely understandable. Seems like it shouldn't be called a "modlet" then but never mind. :)

How do I know if I have the new 2.02 version or not? The client and server download links in your OP don't have the version number in them, nor do any files inside them that I can find. We were seeing a weird possible bug with not being able to unlock steel stuff, says I have to level up my laboror skill first, but it's 2/2 so can't be leveled up anymore, so I figured maybe the 2.02 version would fix that.

Also, I'm confused as to why there are separate server and client versions. Does the server version just lack some of the client files, like the UI overhaul stuff? That's the only reason I can think of to have separate downloads for client and server.

Cool mod btw ^n.n^

4 blocks in any direction, including below.

So you could technically find a way to just fill under the farm with water and that'd work. :)

How often do you need to replace the water? as this change just sounds annoying to me. Might do what someone else did and build it by a poi's swimming pool, or a river or some naturally spawned water source.

Hey Khaine, first, rocking mod. Loving it.

Second, ran into an issue last night. Updated to 2.02 and, of course, got reset. So I was redoing my class quests. I completed Scientist first, which ends with Craft and Place Mortar & Pestle. Then did the quests in Farmer, which also ends in Craft and Place M&P. No matter how many times I crafted the M&P, the quest would not register the craft. I ended up using the AdminFarmer in console to finish it, but I thought I would let you know.

Hello. I've seen some videos on youtube about this mod and I'm very eager to play this myself, because I think it's very cool project. So tell me should I start with navezgane or random gen? If random then could somebody explain how seeds maps works here? I tried some seeds from "Awesome seeds for random gen ALPHA 17" topic and I've replaced "rwgmixer.xml" (I dont know if I did that correct, I dont really understand that stuff..) but my maps were different than the people's previews. Any tips? :)

Edited by Chiaki (see edit history)

That's a pity, though completely understandable. Seems like it shouldn't be called a "modlet" then but never mind. :)

It's because modlets are designed to work with vanilla.

Not with crazy idiots like me who rip the files apart. ;)

How do I know if I have the new 2.02 version or not? The client and server download links in your OP don't have the version number in them, nor do any files inside them that I can find. We were seeing a weird possible bug with not being able to unlock steel stuff, says I have to level up my laboror skill first, but it's 2/2 so can't be leveled up anymore, so I figured maybe the 2.02 version would fix that.

Also, I'm confused as to why there are separate server and client versions. Does the server version just lack some of the client files, like the UI overhaul stuff? That's the only reason I can think of to have separate downloads for client and server.

Cool mod btw ^n.n^

Press ESC and it'll tell you on the in-game menu what version you are on.

Steel tools can be unlocked by anyone. Forged steel cant, cos I derped... I just fixed it last night. If you can't unlock something, mouse over the LOCK icon of the skill and it'll tell you what you need. Ignore the tooltip that pops up because I can't customize that for some reason, and it's annoying. :D

There's client and server versions because the DLL is patched and the two versions use different DLL's. Like you can't run a dedicated server using the client files you download from steam... but you can multiplayer with that version via steam.

How often do you need to replace the water? as this change just sounds annoying to me. Might do what someone else did and build it by a poi's swimming pool, or a river or some naturally spawned water source.

In testing, I just dug a trench, filled it up before I went looting in the morning and then filled it up again at night. Seemed to work well enough.

Hey Khaine, first, rocking mod. Loving it.

Second, ran into an issue last night. Updated to 2.02 and, of course, got reset. So I was redoing my class quests. I completed Scientist first, which ends with Craft and Place Mortar & Pestle. Then did the quests in Farmer, which also ends in Craft and Place M&P. No matter how many times I crafted the M&P, the quest would not register the craft. I ended up using the AdminFarmer in console to finish it, but I thought I would let you know.

Thanks. I may change both of those to Gather just because it seems less buggy.

Hello. I've seen some videos on youtube about this mod and I'm very eager to play this myself, because I think it's very cool project. So tell me should I start with navezgane or random gen? If random then could somebody explain how seeds maps works here? I tried some seeds from "Awesome seeds for random gen ALPHA 17" topic and I've replaced "rwgmixer.xml" (I dont know if I did that correct, I dont really understand that stuff..) but my maps were different than the people's previews. Any tips? :)

I included a custom rwgmixer with the mod, so replacing that isn't a good idea.

It'll work with nav, but you'll miss out on the compo pack and trader caitlin. Nothing major, but thought I'd let you know. :) Hopefully some folks in this thread will share some of their seeds they've been using with the mod.

- - - Updated - - -

And missed these cos I just woke up.

If one is able to access the same Perk through 2 different sources, do the Perks stack? Ie., both Hunter and Survivalist have access to "Stealth Assassin". If one put 5 points into each skill, would they aggregate their effects?

Next, perhaps you are aware, but just in case, the Tooltip for "Light Armor" in the Generic Perks under Attributes and Skills (ATTSKILLSANDATT) reads, "Increase Heavy Armor Rating by X%". Thus, to clarify, is this perk currently working as intended despite the Tooltip mixup?

In closing, since this is my first post, I want to say your mod is amazing!

Stealth assassin partially stacks. I'm considering replacing the one in Hunter with From The Shadows, but I don't want to do that until 17.2 comes out because I think a wipe will be needed then.

The armor thing actually happened in vanilla too with the tooltip. I didn't notice until a few days ago. :D

I checked with them and myself and it appears that all the files are there on my (client) end and that (server) end. Any other thoughts? I appreciate your help so far.

edit: I have the output_log from my server which may have information that would be helpful, but also a lot of identifying information on my server that I don't want to make public. I can PM it to you if you want.

edit2: saw this line which may have something to do with it?

2019-02-04T20:33:22 36144.840 WRN Spawned entity with wrong pos: [type=EntityPlayer, name=Pale_Rider, id=172] id=172 pos=(0.0, 0.0, 0.0)

Spawning me at 0,0,0 seems like a bad idea...?

edit3: Still no progress. Tried renaming the game in the config, deleting profiles, changing profiles, and I think the only option left is a full wipe and reinstall of the server. I'm hoping you've got another idea before that though.

I think wipe and reinstall is what I'd suggest too. Spawning you at 0,0,0 seems REALLY wrong.

Hiya, first of all, LOVE your mod... it actually makes playing A17 ENJOYABLE... which i cannot say the same for vanila...

Now i came across a few issues and the most egregious being that Fortitude perk does not seem be working correctly... I have it at level 4 which should give me 130HP but i only got 110. I do not have penalties or debuffs so idk.

Second is that the Chicken Nest are giving me DAMN WEAPON PARTS xD. Its cool but obviously breaks the game, by day 5 i have 3 rifles, 3 combat shotguns and 2 M4A1s... im guessing its not supposed to work like this.

Hiya, first of all, LOVE your mod... it actually makes playing A17 ENJOYABLE... which i cannot say the same for vanila...

Now i came across a few issues and the most egregious being that Fortitude perk does not seem be working correctly... I have it at level 4 which should give me 130HP but i only got 110. I do not have penalties or debuffs so idk.

Second is that the Chicken Nest are giving me DAMN WEAPON PARTS xD. Its cool but obviously breaks the game, by day 5 i have 3 rifles, 3 combat shotguns and 2 M4A1s... im guessing its not supposed to work like this.

Already fixed those in.... 2.01 I think?

So you need to update. :) Downside is it will cause a character reset but I put tools in the admin menu to help fix this.

I included a custom rwgmixer with the mod, so replacing that isn't a good idea.

It'll work with nav, but you'll miss out on the compo pack and trader caitlin. Nothing major, but thought I'd let you know. :) Hopefully some folks in this thread will share some of their seeds they've been using with the mod.

Ahh I see, good to know. I was confident that something is wrong :)

Seed: Darkness Falls

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27527[/ATTACH]

Thanks! Finally I can play on decent map. I think this mod really surpass vanilla ;) Cheers!

Edited by Chiaki (see edit history)

Already fixed those in.... 2.01 I think?

So you need to update. :) Downside is it will cause a character reset but I put tools in the admin menu to help fix this.

Uhm yeah my version is 2.0.59.38814 and the launcher says it has no new updates... Is this correct? I just started a brand new game (Deleted folders, downloaded new ones and even redownloaded the mod) and its still the same.

Any thoughts?

Uhm yeah my version is 2.0.59.38814 and the launcher says it has no new updates... Is this correct? I just started a brand new game (Deleted folders, downloaded new ones and even redownloaded the mod) and its still the same.

Any thoughts?

Maybe try hitting pre-sync a few times? I hear that helps to push updates. :)

Something is wrong with quest Survivalist 2. After clicking the craft shiv the backpack has filled up shivs. The console has appeared "NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object" and the quest has not been marked as completed.

What version of the mod? Because I fixed that in either 2.01B or 2.02. But it IS fixed.

What version of the mod? Because I fixed that in either 2.01B or 2.02. But it IS fixed.

After restarting the game I tried to skip the craft, just picked up the shiv. I got the reward for the quest, I did not get another quest and the game broke.

After restarting the game I tried to skip the craft, just picked up the shiv. I got the reward for the quest, I did not get another task and the game broke.

Strange. Ok... will add it to the list.

I've got someone helping me go through these random quest NRE's.

Were you working on another quest at the same time by any chance?

Crucible - I am sure I was able to make a crucible in the previous play through without taking laborer class - am I wrong and I mixed it up?

And where do you find those skill notes.. in two playthroughs I found only one Kickz book which gave me some skill notes ( 15 i think ) - but only 1 such book in like 6 libraries?

EDIT: My bad i had Near Death debuff on me so advanced forge skill was negated. Still interested about Skill notes though.

Edited by Bhaaltazar (see edit history)

Crucible - I am sure I was able to make a crucible in the previous play through without taking laborer class - am I wrong and I mixed it up?

And where do you find those skill notes.. in two playthroughs I found only one Kickz book which gave me some skill notes ( 15 i think ) - but only 1 such book in like 6 libraries?

Scrap schematics you don't need for skill notes. :)

Crucible is part of the advanced forge perk but I'm gonna move that to the steel crafting perk because that makes more sense.