Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

The mod info states, "Skill points per level decreased to 4", but I only have 7 skill points to spend at level 4. I'm new to the game so I may be missing something, but my math tells me I should have 12 pts to spend. Can someone please explain what I'm missing?

Thanks in advance!

The mod info states, "Skill points per level decreased to 4", but I only have 7 skill points to spend at level 4. I'm new to the game so I may be missing something, but my math tells me I should have 12 pts to spend. Can someone please explain what I'm missing?

Thanks in advance!

Those notes are for the alpha 16 version, and have not been updated to the Alpha 17 version yet. Thats why it seems off atm. Alpha 17 u get 1 skill point per level usually. So thats what is going on most likely.

I had this same issue, it was resolved with the latest update. Update your game and it should work correctly

Thanks factura, slightly reluctant to update as I have seen people getting reset, and I dont want to lose my time on the map screen! Time to bite the bullet I guess

That makes sense but I suppose it precludes playing any other type of 7Days game then. Do people usually make a second copy of the game to play this?

Usually, yes.

Most folks use the mod launcher, which does that for you.

I've got something stupid like.... 6 or 7 copies of 7DTD on my PC. :D

Usually, yes.

Most folks use the mod launcher, which does that for you.

I've got something stupid like.... 6 or 7 copies of 7DTD on my PC. :D

Awesome, thanks again! I've picked up the mod launcher, installed the mod on my server as well. Everything looks good to go.

When I go to play (launching via the mod launcher), I see the modified main menu and go to connect to my server. Console log shows no errors*. I see time passing on the console log but the world just doesn't load. I waited 5 minutes and it is stuck on the usual loading screen with the desert background. I've tried to get in three times now. I have the HDHQ modlets in my mods folder. Any ideas would be appreciated.

* One time I got an error saying "Failed to decompress data for the asset bundle "Caitlin.unity3D".

Ok, so that's correct... is it a dedi you have or do you rent from a server provider?

Also, heads up for everyone.

Trying to complete multiple quests at once, say civilian and another class quest.... or class quest + basic survival... seems to occasionally throw an NRE when it tries to set up the quest rewards and next quest requirements.

Workaround: Do your quests 1 at a time where possible. Alternating between quest lines seems fine, but triggering quest complete at the same time isn't.

Hi. I use the latest version of the mod. When you create a farm on the base, the water disappears from the prepared places. And on this nothing grows. Now planting seeds is possible only in natural reservoirs. It's embarrassing. In version 16 beta was all right. And now how to get the opportunity to blow up the head shot zombies ? The vanilla version has it.

That's because water is now used. You need to dig trenches and fill them with water AND keep your farms smaller. That will help.

Tree's still do not need water so you can plant them away from your farms.

The headshot perk was removed and the effects are part of Perception.

How much farmland does a water block cover? Just curious so I know how to lay out my farm. :) Also, the gf and I have been enjoying the heck out of the mod. Thank you!

4 blocks in any direction, including below.

So you could technically find a way to just fill under the farm with water and that'd work. :)

Not sure if the huge forge is a copy from another mod but it's kinda a waste. Takes up 2 blocks of space same as 2 forges but only has one extra slot making it less effective than 2 regular forges that would take up the same floor space, plus it takes more materials to make it than 2 regular forges do. Any way to improve on this? maybe have 5 input slots?

Not sure if the huge forge is a copy from another mod but it's kinda a waste. Takes up 2 blocks of space same as 2 forges but only has one extra slot making it less effective than 2 regular forges that would take up the same floor space, plus it takes more materials to make it than 2 regular forges do. Any way to improve on this? maybe have 5 input slots?

No. Anything above 3 slots bugs out because all those materials you smelt are actually in invisible slots 4 and above.

My current idea is to remove the ability to make steel in the normal forge so you have to use the big forge for it.

Question: Can you test whether this is compatible with FarmLifeMod? https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?104474-FarmLifeMod

The latter is a modlet, so it seems like it should be, but I'm not savvy enough with this mod to really test it.

If you have already tested it, maybe include it in the first post (even if it's "confirmed not working")?