Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

That sounds like they don't support DLL uploads...

Tell them they MUST install the 3 folders from the github server zip file or the mod will not work. If they refuse, you need a new host.

Heya khaine, So we managed to make everything work except, we didnt have the skill books when we started. i told about this matter to the server host and they made a fresh save, now we have 1 of the books shouldnt there be 2?

Thanks, Jokke.

Heya khaine, So we managed to make everything work except, we didnt have the skill books when we started. i told about this matter to the server host and they made a fresh save, now we have 1 of the books shouldnt there be 2?

Thanks, Jokke.

1 book for mp and 2 books in sp :)

Does anyone else have an issue with the master class of survivalist? I complete the quests but its grayed out and even after reading a book on the master class, it says its disabled by status effects which I have none. Can't make survivalist torches etc

Does anyone else have an issue with the master class of survivalist? I complete the quests but its grayed out and even after reading a book on the master class, it says its disabled by status effects which I have none. Can't make survivalist torches etc

If you don't meet the level requirements, it will say that and continue to say that until you suddenly reach the level that you can use it.

Problem is it does not state any level requirements. My wife was at level 60 and was not working so I tried it also and with the same result. All other classes work fine. What level requirement would we be missing if not stated in the requirements?

The only requirements are to compelete the survivalist class quests.

Make sure your Class: Survivalist says 2/2. If it does, then that means I may have buggered something up in the progression. If it DOESN'T, then I buggered up something in the quests. :)

EDIT: NEVER MIND. I'm dumb. I just saw the issue.

Going to sort out a hotfix right now.

EDIT 2 - Hotfix pushed to github, so resync your mods.

- Survivalist mastery wasn't unlocking correctly because it relied on the player completing the SECURITY class. It now does.

- Military armour recipes added to the Security mastery, because I forgot.

Server owners ONLY need to upload progression XML to their servers.

Edited by KhaineGB (see edit history)

So, two things...1) How are you supposed to defeat the behemoth zombies? Their aggro range is quite far and they one hit kill you.

Showed up on my second day in the world on the edge of a wasteland. Thought it was a regular zombie that toasted me. Got back to my bag and it was still there. So was she. I got one or two shots on her, doing maybe 20 damage tops to her 3K HP before she hit me once and I was dead.

Tbh, that one feature makes me feel like it's quite op in the mod. No hope of killing her before she wrecks me, nevermind if she were a radiated. When I get to a decent point in the world, with decent weapons, etc, then she one hit kills me and I can't get back to my bag because she doesn't despawn and her aggro range is so wide (even if you are crouch walking, as I was doing), that would be quite frustrating.

Khaine!?! Just had a WTF moment :p

Day 6 and i just had a wandering horde consisting of 2 behemots and 6 bomber spitting zombies... since I don't even have a gun at this point it didn't end well! :D What did you do there? Are this intended this early in progression? ( gamestage 43 ) :) I think it's a "little over the top".

And it was a wandering horde in the forest biome, so they didn't wander from the wasteland.

Edited by Bhaaltazar (see edit history)

Thanks for that. Thought something may have been wrong but I'm only new to Darkness Falls and know very little of the mods.

One question I do have though is how do powered iron doors work? I've tried to work it out but can't get it to work. I have power going to a switch and have a door control relay above the door, as it is on a wood block I'm assume that is the right relay I'm guessing I'm doing it completely wrong as the door does not open :)

Day 6 and i just had a wandering horde consisting of 2 behemots and 6 bomber spitting zombies... since I don't even have a gun at this point it didn't end well! :D What did you do there? Are this intended this early in progression? ( gamestage 43 ) :) I think it's a "little over the top".

And it was a wandering horde in the forest biome, so they didn't wander from the wasteland.

Short answer: Yes it is.

Long answer.

So there's a problem with wandering horde gamestage. It CAPS at 50. When you hit 51, the game see's that as gamestage 1 for wandering hordes. Therefore I had to throw powerful stuff into the gamestages above 30 so there's a challenge for higher level players. However I did put a low chance on the behemoths so it wouldn't hopefully screw low level players.

In your case, you got SUPER unlucky.

Thanks for that. Thought something may have been wrong but I'm only new to Darkness Falls and know very little of the mods.

One question I do have though is how do powered iron doors work? I've tried to work it out but can't get it to work. I have power going to a switch and have a door control relay above the door, as it is on a wood block I'm assume that is the right relay I'm guessing I'm doing it completely wrong as the door does not open :)

The doors are.... a bit of a pain. Let me get the explanation from the XML for that mod.

* Controlled by a powered block placed 2 blocks directly above or bellow the door, this must be one of the 2 included door control relays.

* If both are powered, both will act as power inputs so you can use 2 triggers.

* Automaticly opens the door when powered and closes when not powered.

With the current XML flags, that means Garage Door, Iron Door and Vault door are 2 blocks ABOVE, drawbridge is 1 block below. :)

At low levels stay out of the wasteland at all times, and snow at night as much as you can. Wasteland can have ferals at anytime, and snow well you know why. Btw Khaine, you miiiight wanna take a look at the sell value of some of your custom weapons, because... yeah.. 2 in the barter perk and a Tier 2 pipe rifle sells for 4536 Dukes Pipe pistol tier 2 was around 1300 or so. Minor bug for now as the player can just choose not to exploit it, just thought i'd mention it.
I saw that yesterday,when i was completing class quest and crafted pipe rifle,it was showing 38000 dukes price.Some players at mp might exploit it.

I had one where the female trader was spawned over one of the male ones so she looked like a woman but talked like a man. I called her Lola. Its a crazy mixed up shook up rwg world

That's actually a bug with the voice files.

Specifically, there are no female voice files in the assets file.

I actually fixed it locally just to see if I could. :)

I got a better one, day 1 started in wasteland, just got my first stone axe, zombies started to spawn, 2 behemoths spawned and came after me, can't outrun them, instagibbed. Was so mad I rage quit and deleted the save/world. I think the behemoths need their entity damage toned down, or they have to be unable to run maybe, some sort of balance to balance out how stupidly hard they hit.

Was by far my fastest death ever in 7dtd not even 4 minutes lol.

Edited by Scyris (see edit history)

I got a better one, day 1 started in wasteland, just got my first stone axe, zombies started to spawn, 2 behemoths spawned and came after me, can't outrun them, instagibbed. Was so mad I rage quit and deleted the save/world. I think the behemoths need their entity damage toned down, or they have to be unable to run maybe, some sort of balance to balance out how stupidly hard they hit.

Was by far my fastest death ever in 7dtd not even 4 minutes lol.

Go look up handZombieBehemoth in the vanilla files.

It's toned down from THAT.

I may adjust the speed, but they are SUPPOSED to be something to be feared and they're not getting nerfed because of bad spawns since RWG sucks or because the game code sucks and I'm limited on gamestages for wandering horde. :p

Go look up handZombieBehemoth in the vanilla files.

It's toned down from THAT.

I may adjust the speed, but they are SUPPOSED to be something to be feared and they're not getting nerfed because of bad spawns since RWG sucks or because the game code sucks and I'm limited on gamestages for wandering horde. :p

... So I looked and was pretty disgusted by what I seen:

<property name="DamageEntity" value="500"/>

<property name="DamageBlock" value="2000"/>

I see you lowered entity damage down to 200, which is MUCH better than a unsurvivable no matter what 500 dmg lol.

... So I looked and was pretty disgusted by what I seen:

<property name="DamageEntity" value="500"/>

<property name="DamageBlock" value="2000"/>

I see you lowered entity damage down to 200, which is MUCH better than a unsurvivable no matter what 500 dmg lol.

Yeah. It was horrible.

What I had set was survivable with full steel armor. Probably need less than that in A17 thanks to the various perks.