Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

Damn - lost all my levels as well. :( I think i'll wait a while until this gets more stable. Love the mod and just went through day 7 horde but getting reset and not knowing all that has been "reset" sucks.

Just un-check the little box that says, "Refresh Mods Automatically" right under the play button on the mod launcher. I had it checked and lost everything too. Live and learn.

Just un-check the little box that says, "Refresh Mods Automatically" right under the play button on the mod launcher. I had it checked and lost everything too. Live and learn.

I usually install my mods manually, as I tend to customize them somewhat, so using the launcher just makes it more of a pain in the ass to do it.

Item description was first thing I checked lol. Though I can see people not checking it more often than not. What about this, if it can even be done, make a quest popup the first time they pick up a skill book? that tells them they need to put it on the hotbar, and the quest finishes when they use it on the hotbar.

Also not a big fan of the water farms need disappearing over time. I mean I didn't mind needing it at all before, but now.. Its going to cause way to much micromanagement imo. Unless it has to be refilled like every few days? Does the old square with a water block in the middle still work? 2 blocks out? or can we go 3 or more now?

I also feel some of the stats are too powerfull, perception and endurance to name 2. The stam reduction for melee tool use and the bonus headshot dmg for ranged weapons should both be in their own seperate perks imo. Either that, or stats need to cost more to level past like 5 or 6 to balance it.

The water thing I think is a little better, because plants won't grow if there's no water nearby. The old code? They straight up died and had bugs with other plants nearby forcing a check and randomly killing them even if water was close. So yeah, you have to micromanage more, but you're less likely to lose plants to random bugs.

I find a big trench and fill it once a day works well. Rain also counts for the update check now, it didn't before. I'm going to look into a rain catcher at some point to help automate that a little. :)

I don't think the stats are too powerful because they are also level gated, but i'll look into it.

Damn - lost all my levels as well. :( I think i'll wait a while until this gets more stable. Love the mod and just went through day 7 horde but getting reset and not knowing all that has been "reset" sucks.

You can just use giveselfxp to reset your levels and the creative menu to fast-finish your class quests. I'll look at including some books in the admin menu for replacing class quests.

Is there a way to check the current cap of maximum HP? I do not see it on UI

Edit: I mean HP that is recovered with normal bandages

Your character window should do that. Also the HP bar is slightly rounded at the top, so if it says you have like... 75hp and you see the rounded top, you know your max is low.

I'm going to return to the UI at some point and see if I can get that working properly.

How sink work? I built a working one but don't know what to do with it. Love this mod btw

The same way you'd fill a jar from a water source, which I think is left click.

Khaine I think I found a bug with the survival torches. When holding them they work just fine. But when I place them on the wall they don't give off any light. When I remove them from the wall they turn into regular torches and work as intended.

Great mod btw. Appreciate all the modders keeping 7dtd fun.

Khaine I think I found a bug with the survival torches. When holding them they work just fine. But when I place them on the wall they don't give off any light. When I remove them from the wall they turn into regular torches and work as intended.

Great mod btw. Appreciate all the modders keeping 7dtd fun.

Interesting. They should just work the same as torches in POI's because it just uses that block.

Will have to poke it later.

DF V2.02 is now on github. Changes as follows.

- Client and Server DLL's patched to fix the NRE for cvars. This should resolve the Creating Player issue on dedicated servers.

- Miner 69'er was only applying on power attack. It now applies to all tools at all times.

- Log spikes had damaged increased for all 6 stages.

- Gore blocks now downgrade into bone piles, or should do.

- Tweaked Scavenging to see if it helps with the inability to loot issue.

- Male Behemoths temporarily disabled to prevent NRE's on spikes until I have time to fix them properly.

- Advanced Forge output window now lines up properly.

- Slightly increased XP requirements of all weapon action skills.

- Drastically increased XP requirement of mining tools action skill.

- Admin books added. 1 for each class and 1 to grant the player 10,000XP. Books grant all skills, XP and skill points as if you completed the associated class. They do not grant items.

- Edited bloodmoon gamestages to add in the interval tag. Should help with spawning issues.

Yes, this means it is also on the launcher. The new books also mean you can update and fix yourself if you get the character reset issue.

Edited by KhaineGB (see edit history)

sorry, maybe I'm blind, but where at github I find the update for the server ??

see there only for the client

or is in the 3 post since also the left updated?

because there is last change was (Last edited by KhaineGB; 1 Week Ago at 05:03 PM.)

???

Thank you.

EDIT:

ok have the zip over discord :)

the date of server and client just over it copy right ????

Thank you....

Edited by mundfaul (see edit history)

Looks really good, I remember playing on the vanilla game with some mods, and the loot felt way to easy. Getting guns was far too common, has the loot list been made more difficult?

You might find more food/drink than vanilla, but guns are MUCH rarer. :)

Gun parts are back, too.

There's a pipe pistol and pipe rifle you can make, but they don't do as much damage as a proper pistol or hunting rifle.

Hello Khaine, I have a bit of a problem. My friend has an server hosted by gameservers, and we tried to play the mod on our little server. We had a long chat with gameservers support during our test to make the mod work. We are pretty new to these kind of things so it was hard. I downloaded mod launcher and was able to make the mod work in my single player world. Then i tried in the other server and it worked kind of.. but it missed almost everything. It started with the "thank you for playing my mod" thingy, but mostly it was just like a normal game of 7dtd.

Gameservers support asked us to contact you and here is the last mail i got from them.

Due to the third-party nature of this plugin we would not be able to support its direct configuration.

If you contact the mod's developer and receive more information we can help adjust a particular setting within the server's files to attempt having your mod run properly.

I can confirm the server is running with the aforementioned mod:

2019-01-31T20:04:09 0.382 INF [MODS] Start loading

2019-01-31T20:04:09 0.383 INF [MODS] Trying to load from DarknessFalls

2019-01-31T20:04:09 0.394 INF [MODS] Loaded Mod: Darkness Falls Icons (1.8)

2019-01-31T20:04:09 0.394 INF [MODS] Trying to load from DarknessFallsHPBarModlet-master

2019-01-31T20:04:09 0.394 INF [MODS] Loaded Mod: Darkness Falls HP Bar Modlet (1.0.0)

2019-01-31T20:04:09 0.394 INF [MODS] Initializing mod code

2019-01-31T20:04:09 0.394 INF [MODS] Loading done

Do you have any ideas why we cant make this work? i would really love to try your mod, as the interest to the actualy game has dropped a bit but your mod sounds just pure awesome! Thanks, Jokke.

Sorry if this is a stupid question. I just bought the game yesterday, and installed this mod with the installer. My question is, how do I know if the latest mod update installed? I see 2.02 was released today, but I have no idea how to check if it actually installed on my pc. I hit the pre-sync button, but it's not clear if it actually updated.

Thanks in advance!

That sounds like they don't support DLL uploads...

Tell them they MUST install the 3 folders from the github server zip file or the mod will not work. If they refuse, you need a new host.

Okay, thanks. I'll let them know and hope we can get to play this mod soon :p Thanks for fast answer mate.

https://i.imgur.com/LlLPB8X.jpg

How is this even remotely reasonable? This is morning of the 2nd day. What am I supposed to do to fight 20+ irradiated feral lumberjacks on day 2? They don't despawn. I was fine with the idea of having to fight some ferals in the mornings but this is ridiculous.

I like a lot of the changes this mod makes so I really hope this is a bug or something.

Sorry if this is a stupid question. I just bought the game yesterday, and installed this mod with the installer. My question is, how do I know if the latest mod update installed? I see 2.02 was released today, but I have no idea how to check if it actually installed on my pc. I hit the pre-sync button, but it's not clear if it actually updated.

Thanks in advance!

Load the game and press esc. You'll see the mod icon and V2.02 under it.

https://i.imgur.com/LlLPB8X.jpg

How is this even remotely reasonable? This is morning of the 2nd day. What am I supposed to do to fight 20+ irradiated feral lumberjacks on day 2? They don't despawn. I was fine with the idea of having to fight some ferals in the mornings but this is ridiculous.

I like a lot of the changes this mod makes so I really hope this is a bug or something.

No, it's not strictly a bug. I need to double check which rads they are because if it's the full HP, super strong ones... yes that's a problem.

If it's the half HP weaker ones, no it's not. Ferals and Rads come out at night. That means some biomes, like SNOW where only lumberjacks spawn even in vanilla, will be more dangerous than others.

Also they do despawn, but it can take up to 6 or 7am to do so. That's simply the game spawning system which I don't think I can fix.

Load the game and press esc. You'll see the mod icon and V2.02 under it.

No, it's not strictly a bug. I need to double check which rads they are because if it's the full HP, super strong ones... yes that's a problem.

If it's the half HP weaker ones, no it's not. Ferals and Rads come out at night. That means some biomes, like SNOW where only lumberjacks spawn even in vanilla, will be more dangerous than others.

Also they do despawn, but it can take up to 6 or 7am to do so. That's simply the game spawning system which I don't think I can fix.

They had 650hp iirc.

Alright. I'm going to go to not-snow biome.

At low levels stay out of the wasteland at all times, and snow at night as much as you can. Wasteland can have ferals at anytime, and snow well you know why. Btw Khaine, you miiiight wanna take a look at the sell value of some of your custom weapons, because... yeah.. 2 in the barter perk and a Tier 2 pipe rifle sells for 4536 Dukes Pipe pistol tier 2 was around 1300 or so. Minor bug for now as the player can just choose not to exploit it, just thought i'd mention it.

Edited by Scyris (see edit history)

At low levels stay out of the wasteland at all times, and snow at night as much as you can. Wasteland can have ferals at anytime, and snow well you know why. Btw Khaine, you miiiight wanna take a look at the sell value of some of your custom weapons, because... yeah.. 2 in the barter perk and a Tier 2 pipe rifle sells for 4536 Dukes Pipe pistol tier 2 was around 1300 or so. Minor bug for now as the player can just choose not to exploit it, just thought i'd mention it.

Holy crap. I thought I'd set them to not sell...

WELL THEN. :D

DF V2.02 is now on github. Changes as follows.

- Client and Server DLL's patched to fix the NRE for cvars. This should resolve the Creating Player issue on dedicated servers.

Yesterday afternoon I had the bug when I couldnt log back in after a break, getting stuck on "Creating player...". It was not possible to get any other workaround than DeX (server admin) reset my character and gave me my weapons and ammo and an XP boost to at least get the level back.

Then DeX updated his dedicated server to this 2.02 version yesterday evening, one hour after you released it, and we played all evening after that without problems.

This morning I logged in again without problems and played for an hour or two, then logged off for a breakfast break...

Now cant get back in again, same error, just stuck on "Creating Player...".

At this point it is not as fun just getting your level XP back. When you spent many many hours in game and levelled up your skills as well, like shotgun at 20/100 and mining at 20/100. You cant get that back. And when this will continue to happen when you are at 50/100 or 100/100 on some skills... yeah, you get the point.

Both times this happened to me I had logged out with a full inventory and in the middle of a city. Could it be a bug with the bigger backpack mod not handling full inventory relog well? Or could it be a a16 POI not being properly converted/updated to a17? See a lot of those.