Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

Updating from previous version wiped all my quests and stats. Reset back to level 1, wiped any spent/earned perks and attributes, and removed any active and completed quests. Kept all my gear and the world seems to be in the same state as it was last time I logged out.

Used my usual start up: Mod launcher -> pre sync -> play mod -> continue -> start. Didn't change any settings from what I was using previously. Have had persistent profiles on since starting the mod.

Just realized same happened to me after last night playing normally.

You can use giveyourselfxp command and skill books to get to approximately where you were before ( from what you remember )

Next start don't use refresh or pre-sync in launcher.

Just realized same happened to me after last night playing normally.

You can use giveyourselfxp command and skill books to get to approximately where you were before ( from what you remember )

Next start don't use refresh or pre-sync in launcher.

Yup, same thing here. Looks like a bug with the latest update. How do you give yourself the class quests? Just spawn the book?

Is there a way to unlock Yeah Science! without taking the scientist class? I'm level 50, have a ton of mod schematics but can't make them since I didn't take scientist and so don't have Yeah Science! which looks like it's required to make even lvl 1 schematics.

Related question: to make a class book, is the only way to hunt for libraries, scrap books and make a book?

Nope, you need to be a scientist.

At the moment, that's the only way to get the notes you need to make a book. I used to have quests in that gave skill notes as well, but they were SUPER buggy when I tried to put them in A17 granted by the guard captain. It's something I want to look into.

Regarding the rest of the issues folks are having, that SHOULDN'T of happened. I did tweak the progression file, but only for the attributes, which should not have wiped anyones progress.... mostly because it didn't do that to me when I was testing.

So... that's bloody annoying and I apologise for that. You can give yourself blank class papers to reset your classes and use the giveselfxp command to set your level back up.

I was being so bloody careful before I put that out too. >_<

@KhaineGB

I've had several crashes yesterday where traveling on bike or minibike gave me sudden crash to desktop. Logging back in I was stuck on bike unable to move. Pressing escape does nothing. All I can do is wait for a zombie to kill me or my bike so I can move again.

several times I had to suicide too, to fix the no loot bug (which seems to happen if your bags get nearly full- but rarely)

Also the occasional NRE now n then, once it kept repeating so I had to alt-f4 to fix it.

The nre says something about object not being set to instance blah blah blah, or something about object no in range?

I even gave up on multiplayer due to the creating player bug (no idea if the latest fixes after 2.01 work or not).

But despite all this, I am lvl 47 and having a blast, totally worth the problems, just have to use debug and creative menu at times to fix things. This mod paired up with HDHQ makes it like a new game, and it's pretty badass. The wasteland is like the raidzone of the game, and the world is far more interesting and active in this mod. I love how dangerous night can be too! Glowing mobs being about at night not only lets you see where danger is, but makes it look so eerie and spooky n stuff. THIS IS THE MUTHA FREAKING APOCALPYSE!

So don't get too discouraged, you made something pretty fun, an I am sure you can iron out bugs in time. The pimps could definitely learn a few things from this mod to improve their own game. Outside of POI's, their world in 17.1 is BORING! I am more scared to be out in the wild in FREAKING MINECRAFT, then I am in their game.

Do you personally use HDHQ with this mod? If you haven't, I STRONGLY recommend you try it. You do not know what you are missing if you haven't ho-lee-cow do the forests look awesome like this =)

That's all I have, and it works fine. 4k res n all! I think that was the min req was 6gb vram, and 16gb system ram.

Heck I know someone who runs it on only 4gb vram, somehow it works.

Though maybe those rare sudden crashes while traveling are from that. Worth it if so, you had no idea how drop dead gorgeous the world is like this. Pairs up nicely with all those fun poi's in your mod.

Hi!

Prompt. Is there a command to display all of the merchants on the map? With new map generation, and very hard to find.

No, but if you are playing random gen... do this.

Go to the 7 Days to Die folder, then Data and then Worlds. Look for the folder that has the same name as your random gen map. Open that, and then open prefabs.xml.

Look for settlement_trader_01 to 05 and that will give you co-ordiates of where the prefab has spawned in your world. :)

Noob question. Any idea why giveselfskillxp Mining Tools isn't working?

Because giveselfxp only gives XP to the player. Skills don't take XP in the traditional sense.

Omg the update reset my character to level 1! No skills either! Oh laaawwwwdd!

Guess it's time for a restart =(

Edit: guess I can cheat myself to where I was.

Yep, and I am SUPER annoyed about it because I tested beforehand to ensure that wouldn't happen.

Was anything found out about the Advanced Forge and why it wasn't working? I've made one and cant smelt items.

It was fixed.

Advanced Forge is not working.I've picked it up an set it back out but still not working.Im doing a SP mode atm and not for sure how to checl or do updates for this mod so im not sure it updated using the mod launcher....

nm figured out how to update the mod with the launcher an now im back to lvl 1 so guess it worked .. now have to redo everything to get back to where i was

Edited by Ravewolf (see edit history)

Enjoying DF but my Fortitude isnt working correctly as it wont go above 110 health regardless of how much I put into the perk. I havent read all the posts so apologies if its a known issue

I had this same issue, it was resolved with the latest update. Update your game and it should work correctly