KhaineGB

Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

Advanced Forge works with all materials, but not with titanium. Loaded titanium in, timer counts to zero, nothing happens and timer goes away.

lsd- you been a member since 2016, and this was your first post? That's amazing!

Titanium not smelting, is the forge on? I think someone said you have to run electricity to it?

@KhaineGB

Attempt 2 fail-

Sadly the stuck on character creation screen still happens for other players joining, this time it happened the first time, last time it took 3 log outs to happen, so it seems worse now heh. I never seen this bug in vanilla unmodded- I know you said it can happen there but, it would seem to me, this mod has something not set right. I hope you can find what it is someday. I'll have to just run through it in single player until then, I am having a great time otherwise.

If only there was a way to fix it and keep progress, instead it's a showstopping bug. Restarting game didn't help either, it just keeps happening. =<

This seems to only happen on some servers. We've played every single experiemental A17 build for DF on a server with a dozen+ people. We haven't run into this, not even once. Additionally, I've been experimenting for a Let'sPlay and have probably generated 20+ worlds (with and without HDHQ) and never once hit the issue, whether I leave stuff on my hotbar or not. *shrug*

@KhaineGB

Attempt 2 fail-

Sadly the stuck on character creation screen still happens for other players joining, this time it happened the first time, last time it took 3 log outs to happen, so it seems worse now heh. I never seen this bug in vanilla unmodded- I know you said it can happen there but, it would seem to me, this mod has something not set right. I hope you can find what it is someday. I'll have to just run through it in single player until then, I am having a great time otherwise.

If only there was a way to fix it and keep progress, instead it's a showstopping bug. Restarting game didn't help either, it just keeps happening. =<

Being a bit blunt, tell TFP.

I haven't messed with anything on the server side, other than patching the DLL with my various mods otherwise you wouldn't be able to connect. It's absolutely a vanilla issue and mods make it worse.

Whatever they did to the dedi network code... it's made it WAY worse. I've basically done everything I can to minimize it and I'm washing my hands of dedi issues as of this point.

It's not worth the stress headache.

Ok, Subquake pointed out something I missed.

So all cvars for action skills have now been converted to LOCAL instead of networked. That means less data being sent to the server, so it will hopefully minimize the Creating Player issue.

Threw up a test build, XML only, in the discord server for anyone brave enough to try it out. :)

Hi,

Curious question regarding an additional modlet I saw added - how did you get the UI to display Zombie HP? I've been looking around for ages trying to figure this out or where to look in the XML but no luck.

@Mundfaul

I downloaded the mod and took a look at the xmls. There are only 12 entries in the entitygroups.xml for the behemoths so it should be pretty easy to remove them. Just search for behemoth and remove each line that has them. That would be the fastest method but would require doing it every time the mod is update. You could also make a modlet to remove them.

Create a folder named something like BehemothBegone and in that folder make a text file called Modinfo.xml and put this in it.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>

<xml>
<ModInfo>
	<Name value="BehemothBegone " />
	<Description value="Removes the big baddies" />
	<Author value="Your name here" />
	<Version value="1.0" />
	<Website value="http://7daystodie.com" />
</ModInfo>
</xml>

Next in that folder make a folder named Config and in that folder make another text file called entitygroups.xml and put this code in there. This should remove the behemoths although, I have not tried the remove xpath with entities yet but it works for recipes without a problem.

<configs>
   <remove xpath="/entitygroups/entitygroup/entity[@name='DFzombieBehemothFemale']" />
   <remove xpath="/entitygroups/entitygroup/entity[@name='DFzombieBehemoth']" />
   <remove xpath="/entitygroups/entitygroup/entity[@name='DFzombieBehemothFemaleRadiated']" />
   <remove xpath="/entitygroups/entitygroup/entity[@name='DFzombieBehemothRadiated']" />
</configs>

Edit: Figured I would try my hand at adding attatchments. Also, put a z in front of it to make sure it loads after Darkness Falls. My game is too butchered to test it out properly. I did do a quick test removing burnt zombies and that seemed to work.

Wow

Thank you, really great of you.

I am using the 7D2D mod launcher but it launched with the old version of the mod. How can I have it update the mod without erasing my existing game?

EDIT - Think I found the option - "Refresh Mods AUtomatically"

Hi,

Curious question regarding an additional modlet I saw added - how did you get the UI to display Zombie HP? I've been looking around for ages trying to figure this out or where to look in the XML but no luck.

I had to patch the DLL.

I am using the 7D2D mod launcher but it launched with the old version of the mod. How can I have it update the mod without erasing my existing game?

EDIT - Think I found the option - "Refresh Mods AUtomatically"

That sounds like the correct option. :)

Some of the crafting recipes have a hammer next to them. These hammers are sometimes white and sometimes grayed out. What do they mean? I'm trying to make the cheaper forged iron and I have the white hammer next to it but the craft option isn't available.

It means it's available in a more advanced workstation.

So in that case, it's the advanced forge.

I do have a workaround for that, but can't use it yet since the workaround needs SDX 0.7.4, and the health bar doesn't work on that version.

Ok, Subquake pointed out something I missed.

So all cvars for action skills have now been converted to LOCAL instead of networked. That means less data being sent to the server, so it will hopefully minimize the Creating Player issue.

Threw up a test build, XML only, in the discord server for anyone brave enough to try it out. :)

I will give it a go tonight, anything special with installing / setting it up ?

Cheers for your effort :)

Calipers and torch? Where is the best place to find them? They do not occur in any crafting menus I can see.

I will give it a go tonight, anything special with installing / setting it up ?

Cheers for your effort :)

Just replace the XML on the server with the one from the server download in the announcements channel. That SHOULD be all you need.

It will NOT fix currently existing Creating Player issues. It should just reduce the amount in the future. :)

Calipers and torch? Where is the best place to find them? They do not occur in any crafting menus I can see.

Construction Supplies crates.

Car parts shipping crates.

Cars.

Working Stiff Tools crates.

Broken workbenches.

Potential zombie loot drops.

I think that's all of them. :)

Hey,

I'm a noob to Darkness Falls and I really wanted to know how to obtain titanium for titanium tools and building? Do you get it from mining underground? If so, is there a specific biome you find it at?

Just replace the XML on the server with the one from the server download in the announcements channel. That SHOULD be all you need.

It will NOT fix currently existing Creating Player issues. It should just reduce the amount in the future. :)

Will test it on a fresh server tonight, will let you know !

Will also shoot you some messages in discord about what exactly it does & how it works and what could actually be causing the issues with the current dedi creating player issues !

Hey,

I'm a noob to Darkness Falls and I really wanted to know how to obtain titanium for titanium tools and building? Do you get it from mining underground? If so, is there a specific biome you find it at?

Spawns underground in all biomes and SHOULD spawn above ground in the wasteland.

I had to patch the DLL.

Thanks for that, i was eventually able to find the edits you'd done in the xui.xml and could find the windowTargetBar in the window.xml also, but could only get a perma-blank bar to appear.

would you be able to say how/which dll you patched?

Thanks for that, i was eventually able to find the edits you'd done in the xui.xml and could find the windowTargetBar in the window.xml also, but could only get a perma-blank bar to appear.

would you be able to say how/which dll you patched?

The assemblycsharp DLL. Sphereii released a patch for the health bar. :)

- - - Updated - - -

DF V2.01B is on github and the launcher. This is a small amount of fixes for the stable branch of the mod.

- Fortitude was not levelling the players max health. Now it does.

- Attributes changed to minimum level 1.

- Starter quest that auto-completes to initialize character removed as it's not needed.

- Steel crossbow bolts should be craftable with both feathers and polymers.

The assemblycsharp DLL. Sphereii released a patch for the health bar. :)

- - - Updated - - -

DF V2.01B is on github and the launcher. This is a small amount of fixes for the stable branch of the mod.

- Fortitude was not levelling the players max health. Now it does.

- Attributes changed to minimum level 1.

- Starter quest that auto-completes to initialize character removed as it's not needed.

- Steel crossbow bolts should be craftable with both feathers and polymers.

Thanks for that - will look through his github later. Will also see if i can learn to patch that dll too, would be handy knowledge

much appreciated.

This was posted in my discord, but reposting here for folks who don't use it.

Creating Player server issue update.

Dansv8 has been helping me testing things out with the experimental patch on the discrd. Using server managers + a modded game ABSOLUTELY makes things worse.

So if you're using server managers, consider cutting down what you're using. Hammering the server with all the extra code + communication requests = a bad time.

thanks for the updated into on creation player issues-

When I was playing DF multiplayer I was hosting but not with dedi server.

The only mods used were- HDHQ and small tweaks I made to vehicles xml (to make some vehicles faster) and entityclasses (to lower mass to make the ragdolls more fun)

I haven't tried since df 2.01 to do multiplayer, just posting my results here to help you narrow down what the creating player issue could possibly be.

Is there a way to unlock Yeah Science! without taking the scientist class? I'm level 50, have a ton of mod schematics but can't make them since I didn't take scientist and so don't have Yeah Science! which looks like it's required to make even lvl 1 schematics.

Related question: to make a class book, is the only way to hunt for libraries, scrap books and make a book?

Updating from previous version wiped all my quests and stats. Reset back to level 1, wiped any spent/earned perks and attributes, and removed any active and completed quests. Kept all my gear and the world seems to be in the same state as it was last time I logged out.

Used my usual start up: Mod launcher -> pre sync -> play mod -> continue -> start. Didn't change any settings from what I was using previously. Have had persistent profiles on since starting the mod.