Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

Desktop don't allways need to use more power then a laptop.

Serveral gaming laptops use similar power like a desktop system, it allways depend what components are used and what performace you want to reach.

When you search for passive or silent systems you will find mosttime powerefficient systems.

I don't want say what you should use.

But you should have at last 16GB better 32GB or more RAM.

512 GB SSD sound much at first, but games get bigger and bigger even 7d2d need 15GB+ installation.

Some gaming websites got a hardware part too, and some even offer some own complete systems and let them sell over big companies like Alternate.

Check of these compare with Dell too.

Finding a good system for your cash budget isn't an easy task anymore ! 😞

You allways can lower the quality of the video settings, first turn off shadows, texture quality, particle, Distanceview.

There is even a mod that can increase the performace at cities because it change the windows.

When you lowered most of them allready and still got bad fps, then you might should think about a different screen resolution (from 4k to 2k, depend on your monitor).

Or geting a better videocard, look for videocard rankings, search for your current card and then look what is better that can fit your budget.

When you join a server, you have mosttimes lower RAM need then when you play singleplayer, because at MP the server runs the map.

Edited by Canute (see edit history)

5 hours ago, Canute said:

Desktop don't allways need to use more power then a laptop.

Serveral gaming laptops use similar power like a desktop system, it allways depend what components are used and what performace you want to reach.

When you search for passive or silent systems you will find mosttime powerefficient systems.

I don't want say what you should use.

But you should have at last 16GB better 32GB or more RAM.

512 GB SSD sound much at first, but games get bigger and bigger even 7d2d need 15GB+ installation.

Some gaming websites got a hardware part too, and some even offer some own complete systems and let them sell over big companies like Alternate.

Check of these compare with Dell too.

Finding a good system for your cash budget isn't an easy task anymore ! 😞

Depends entiely what you put in it.

JUST the GPU in my desktop pulls 350W-375W while gaming.

My entire laptop, running at 100% (CPU and GPU) pulls 275-300W.

And for the record, my laptop has 2 280W power bricks for 560W max load. I just did a LOT of tweaking. I did the same on the desktop and it still pulls 475-500W.

My wife's laptop can pull a max of 170W (Ryzen 7 5800H, RTX 3060).

Edited by KhaineGB (see edit history)

2 hours ago, Fanatical_Meat said:

Simply put if portability and small size are not a concern when it comes to gaming desktop are simply better all around. 
If you need to haul the machine around with you laptop is the only option.

With the advent of USB4v2, hard disagree.

You can get a laptop with a great CPU, ok GPU and just plugin an eGPU dock now. It's absolutely mental. I'm considering saving up for a 13th gen intel with USB4v2 next year.

16 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

With the advent of USB4v2, hard disagree.

You can get a laptop with a great CPU, ok GPU and just plugin an eGPU dock now. It's absolutely mental. I'm considering saving up for a 13th gen intel with USB4v2 next year.

Just the cost and overall inflexibility of laptops sort of limits things, most obvious is the video card or adding memory in the future. Desktops simply don’t have the lower power and space restraints laptops do.

If you need a small or portable machine a laptop is fine, if you’re just going to un-box the laptop and set it on a desk there simply is no reason not to have a desktop.

Hey there Khaine,

First of all let me thank you for this great and wonderfull mod, me and my friends are playing it for a while now and we`re having a blast.

But i do have a question, i know that the retirement village was removed in A19, but is there a way for me to put it back into my game?

thnx in advance,

sincerely,

Commando46

Small issued about 7DtD random map generator with 15k size only 1 missed DFalls_DemonPortal 6 out of 7 just keep re-generator again 30mins was wasted time, I think best way manual world editor add demonportal POI & add some more 2 or 3 same POI each places because large 15k map easy save time then re-generator.

spacer.png

5 hours ago, zane94 said:

hey guys i know this might seem like a dumb question but how do i join the discord. i've googled it i find some invite links but they're broken (expired). i tried looking in discord for it directly but nothing. please help thanks

I add the discord into most of my DF video descriptions, however here you go:

Darkness Falls Discord: https://discord.gg/7dTyZGZPfF

19 hours ago, zane94 said:

hey guys i know this might seem like a dumb question but how do i join the discord. i've googled it i find some invite links but they're broken (expired). i tried looking in discord for it directly but nothing. please help thanks

discord.gg/darknessfallsmod

15 hours ago, Wolves Hero said:

Small issued about 7DtD random map generator with 15k size only 1 missed DFalls_DemonPortal 6 out of 7 just keep re-generator again 30mins was wasted time, I think best way manual world editor add demonportal POI & add some more 2 or 3 same POI each places because large 15k map easy save time then re-generator.

spacer.png

Demon portal is not a POI that needs to generate. It's a biome deco POI.Like the ore veins

I'd like to report a bug/gitch

when you die on a vehicle, for example on a mini bike, motor cycle, you don't die  but get gitched/bugged. The game considers you dead but you can dismount and play as normal, since the game considers you dead, zombies won't spawn but you can still loot and explore, if you run into any zombies they'll only do the animation where you died and feast on your body, they won't attack you, and ignore you. It persist untill you relog