Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

1 hour ago, wanderinpaladin said:

Khaine about my comment on your jokes mod video. The hand motion for fertilizer in 3rd person is an eating motion. I saw my brother fertilizing the farm and thought "eww gross." It's something that doesn't come up soloing . 🙂

LMAO..... Did you ask him what tf he was doing? I would have. :)

On 10/31/2022 at 6:48 AM, Grolbu said:

You can do what ???  How does that work ?  What I think I just read was dig down two layers and lay the pipes then put dirt blocks / farm plots on top of the pipe and 1 block to each side ??  So every third row in the farm has a pipe running under it ?

My rain catchers dried up after the rain stopped (they didn't last time I did a DF playthrough, that was quite a surprise) so I think I will have a look at irrigation !

Thanks !

7DTD_DF_Farm_IrrigationSetUp_1OF3.png

Edited by Jinx_DG (see edit history)

7 hours ago, Jinx_DG said:

LMAO..... Did you ask him what tf he was doing? I would have. :)

7DTD_DF_Farm_IrrigationSetUp_1OF3.png

This is a good demonstration of how the pipe and crops work 3 DIAGONAL blocks away. I get asked that now and then as people only look at it with the pipe being on the same level as the crops. They often don't know the 3 block distance works diagonally as well.

Edited by SnowBee (see edit history)

3 hours ago, SnowBee said:

They often don't know the 3 block distance works diagonally as well.

The problems is, 3 block are 1 up 2 to the side.

It should be said 3m radius.

But maybe someone could work on a visual water overlay someday when you hold a hoe, similar to the poweroverlay! 🙂

Hello!

When I load a game in darkness falls, the console opens and the game never finishes starting because an error appears. Do you know any solution?

the error that I get in the console is "object reference not set to an instance of an object"
there it stays all the time

Edited by azkor10 (see edit history)

1 hour ago, azkor10 said:

Hello!

When I load a game in darkness falls, the console opens and the game never finishes starting because an error appears. Do you know any solution?

What version of 7d2d you installed.

What version of DF you installed.

Does it work before, or it is a new install ?

Do you use any other modlets.

Did you try to do a complete clean instal ? (Delete Gamefolder, let Steam reinstal it, better create a copy of it and use these for overhaul mods.).

4 hours ago, Canute said:

What version of 7d2d you installed.

What version of DF you installed.

Does it work before, or it is a new install ?

Do you use any other modlets.

Did you try to do a complete clean instal ? (Delete Gamefolder, let Steam reinstal it, better create a copy of it and use these for overhaul mods.).

Thank you! After doing the checks you told me I found the problem.
Thank you very much

Uh... I have a Razor problem. First I went to Anna's but the locked door will not open. Google made me think I needed to get sent there first by Razor? And you find Razor by the "open trade routes" from the scout. But I got this... unknown.png?width=869&height=489

Is this bad? Is there anybody who can maybe give me the coordinates of Razor on Med 2 PEP map? 

When you play at SP, just enable Cheat mode before you start.

At the game Press F1 to open the console, type DM  for debugmode.

Then you can close the console with F1.

Then ESC for the ESC menu, you should see POI teleporter, open it.

Search for Razor, teleport yourself to it.

47 minutes ago, Canute said:

When you play at SP, just enable Cheat mode before you start.

At the game Press F1 to open the console, type DM  for debugmode.

Then you can close the console with F1.

Then ESC for the ESC menu, you should see POI teleporter, open it.

Search for Razor, teleport yourself to it.

No good. Razor does not exist. I also used God mode to go to Anna's and there was no workbench. Not sure why it's so messed up when I used a pregen map. Ungh... day 53 too! So much time! :) 

trader.jpg

razor.jpg

workbench.jpg

You 100% sure you played on a map with DF prefix or did you just play on a random world with PEP ?

When it is a DF map, Khaine need to look into it, because all DF POI should be there.

And when it is a random map,

from the FAQ

RWG (Random World Gen) now works for Darkness Falls, in that it will place POIs in the correct biomes - however (and this is especially true for small maps) it is not guaranteed to place all POIs. ⚠️If you’re going to use RWG, you must check that the following POIs exist. If not, you can manually place them (although that’s beyond the scope of this FAQ).

DFalls_Annas_House - Any non-wasteland city, Khaine prefers forest. DFalls_Eves_Camp - Desert DFalls_Military_Bunker - Snow DFalls_Razors_House - Forest (desert would probably be ok too) DFalls_Resarch_Lab1 - Wasteland DFalls_settlement_caitlin - Wasteland To check if a POI exists, you enable debug mode, then choose POI Teleporter from the in-game menu, then search for DFalls. @DF insane is the real experience has a video showing how to do this here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ff2vTqGy0fI

But you still can add/modify the world and add missing POI, take a look at
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjoZzko91ww

I don't think Anna got a laser workbench, these should be located at the Research Lab.

49 minutes ago, tommymsw said:

No good. Razor does not exist. I also used God mode to go to Anna's and there was no workbench. Not sure why it's so messed up when I used a pregen map. Ungh... day 53 too! So much time! :) 

If Razor doesn't exist that is usually an indication you used RWG to make your world. However, you said you are on Medium 2 PEP map, so that is most strange. I guess your game is corrupted or the mod didn't download correctly. I checked now with a Medium 2 PEP save/map and Razor is there. I did this on v4.1.0 (stable).

I would suggest that you download the mod again, maybe?

image.thumb.png.40a4e55a61218954de582c52dcec0a48.png

1 hour ago, SnowBee said:

If Razor doesn't exist that is usually an indication you used RWG to make your world. However, you said you are on Medium 2 PEP map, so that is most strange. I guess your game is corrupted or the mod didn't download correctly. I checked now with a Medium 2 PEP save/map and Razor is there. I did this on v4.1.0 (stable).

I would suggest that you download the mod again, maybe?

image.thumb.png.40a4e55a61218954de582c52dcec0a48.png

I will go to that location and see what I see anyway. But the map I used was this one. I went with the pregen because I was hoping for the best results. I am also on V4.1.0. I did update from the earlier version, but I also started a whole new game after the update. 

map.jpg

Seeing that Anna has her old steel walls (discounting the missing workbench) makes me think it's an older version of Anna in DF.  That could be caused by not doing a fresh install, I know people are constantly saying that, but it is an issue. There is a way to fix your save, but first, back it up. Now. go into the game, turn on debug mode and find out which is chunk where anna is. Press f1, type dm, press f1 (to close the console) again, press f3, open the map (to get a mouse pointer) then toggle CH. Toggling CH will display what chunk you are inside (example Region: r.3.2). Go to your save game delete that region. It's in a directory called regions in the save/world area, I'm doing this from memory. Then go into your df mod folder, find the anna poi file, delete them and replace it with the files from the most recent version. When you enter the game Anna should be reset. Also, before doing any of that I again say back up your save.

21 hours ago, wanderinpaladin said:

Seeing that Anna has her old steel walls (discounting the missing workbench) makes me think it's an older version of Anna in DF.  That could be caused by not doing a fresh install, I know people are constantly saying that, but it is an issue. There is a way to fix your save, but first, back it up. Now. go into the game, turn on debug mode and find out which is chunk where anna is. Press f1, type dm, press f1 (to close the console) again, press f3, open the map (to get a mouse pointer) then toggle CH. Toggling CH will display what chunk you are inside (example Region: r.3.2). Go to your save game delete that region. It's in a directory called regions in the save/world area, I'm doing this from memory. Then go into your df mod folder, find the anna poi file, delete them and replace it with the files from the most recent version. When you enter the game Anna should be reset. Also, before doing any of that I again say back up your save.

Thanks for all the help everyone. Seems like something was pretty wrong so rather than try to fix each thing, I am just going to start again. Deleted the entire 7 Days folder, downloaded the game fresh from Steam and "Drag and Drop" the Mod into the 7 Days folder manually. I will Cheat Mode at start to confirm the Razor POI. 

16 hours ago, Fanatical_Meat said:

Are there additional zombie settings in the server client besides the config.xml?

The game client has options for wandering horde settings that I cannot find in the dedicated server files. Home server not a rented server.

Wandering horde settings are in the regular game settings, last tab on top. 

18 hours ago, Fanatical_Meat said:

Are there additional zombie settings in the server client besides the config.xml?

The game client has options for wandering horde settings that I cannot find in the dedicated server files. Home server not a rented server.

Mods\1-CustomGameOptions\SaveData\CustomGameOptions.xml

Also I want to apologise for not being around much.

Nov/Dec is ALWAYS super busy for me. Friends birthday, Wife's birthday, another friends birthday, my birthday, christmas, new year... in that order. Plus this is when the rescue we help at starts getting busy and scheduling gets rough due to people wanting time with family, so me and the wife help out more. :)

3 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

Also I want to apologise for not being around much.

Nov/Dec is ALWAYS super busy for me. Friends birthday, Wife's birthday, another friends birthday, my birthday, christmas, new year... in that order. Plus this is when the rescue we help at starts getting busy and scheduling gets rough due to people wanting time with family, so me and the wife help out more. :)

You’ve made a great mod for a game we all love. No apologies required I and nobody reasonable expects supporting this mod be a full time job or interfere with your real world life or family.

thank you for being around.

1.  why you want a gaming laptop ? For the same price mosttime you would get a better desktop system.

2.  (i5-11260h 8Gb) would that mean just 8 Gb RAM ? That isn't enough, you should have at last 16 Gb or better 32 Gb RAM

3. RTX 3050 is much worse then a 2060 and cost more, try to search for videocard ranking, then compare the prize for a single card.

4 hours ago, Ganeshakw said:

@KhaineGB Bro, please help me out. Pls check this image and let me know, if we increase the system RAM, will this be enough to get a better performance?

Screenshot_2022-11-08-20-59-58-62_fd1e8ef594b195c55a3bba4818d0ce35.png

Says it has 2 RAM slots so it should be able to take up to 64GB.

However, I can't tell you if it will/wont increase your performance without knowing what I'm comparing to.

2 hours ago, Canute said:

1.  why you want a gaming laptop ? For the same price mosttime you would get a better desktop system.

2.  (i5-11260h 8Gb) would that mean just 8 Gb RAM ? That isn't enough, you should have at last 16 Gb or better 32 Gb RAM

3. RTX 3050 is much worse then a 2060 and cost more, try to search for videocard ranking, then compare the prize for a single card.

I mean, I dev on a laptop and do all my youtube stuff on a laptop, and i'll be looking at getting a new one next year. It uses WAY less power than my desktop, which is pretty important atm.

People older than 14 years shouldn't call other people "Bro". 😁

Try an actual i7, 32 GB, GeForce 2080 RTX, Watercooling (at least my fans drive like crazy) - this works well at least for me. And prefer a desktop (if energy doesn't matter, as Khaine explained).