Jump to content

Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...


KhaineGB

Recommended Posts

@KhaineGB

 

Ty for the reply, and a BIG ty for the mod!

 

I love 7D (been playing since a18) and your mod has incorporated some features that i thought was missing (mainly the live-stock rearing), and has kept me playing well past my "bored threshold" when i got too far/became too powerful into the vanilla game.

 

Would it be possible for you to make the mannequin's that the traders sell able to wear (display) armor/clothing sets, and possibly give us demon-mannequin's to display as well? Maybe even have the succubi occasionally drop a spawn for us to take home/tame, like the livestock does? A pet succubus wandering around the confines of your home would help liven the place up, even as just a "display" npc.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, Tylertjm09 said:

You said works fine for you but it’s not working for me keeps crashing my game

 

It works fine for a LOT of people. Most of the time it's because people are using the launcher,  which is patching the mod onto 19.3 rather than 19.4 or it's a bad download.

Get a completely clean 19.4 from steam with no mods installed, download the mod, install manually. Most people I have given this advice to have it working fine now.

 

21 minutes ago, wolfarus said:

@KhaineGB

 

Ty for the reply, and a BIG ty for the mod!

 

I love 7D (been playing since a18) and your mod has incorporated some features that i thought was missing (mainly the live-stock rearing), and has kept me playing well past my "bored threshold" when i got too far/became too powerful into the vanilla game.

 

Would it be possible for you to make the mannequin's that the traders sell able to wear (display) armor/clothing sets, and possibly give us demon-mannequin's to display as well? Maybe even have the succubi occasionally drop a spawn for us to take home/tame, like the livestock does? A pet succubus wandering around the confines of your home would help liven the place up, even as just a "display" npc.

 

The mannequins, HIGHLY unlikely.

Pet succubus? Yes, I could do that. I'm absolutely not though. 😛

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hello!, Download the mod 3.4 with the launcher, and when I play it the initial and menu texts appear in Spanish (ok!), But within the map, while playing you see the missions and texts in PORTUGUESE, how can I change this to Spanish or, failing that, English?
Thanks!

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/15/2021 at 12:17 PM, KhaineGB said:

That normally means you just let the launcher update and it didn't actually grab a clean 19.4

Get a completely clean 19.4 from steam and reinstall the mod. Saves fro 3.3 to 3.4 are not guaranteed to work. I did my best to make sure I didn't break anything, but it's still not guaranteed.

This worked perfectly, Thank you! However now whenever she joins my game I get "IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the Array." that continues to pop up and won’t go away till she leaves. I’m not very savvy when it comes to computers so I’m wondering if there’s a simple fix or if I screwed when I downloaded?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Tylertjm09 said:

Oh by the way is the seven days to die darkness  falls mod broken because it keeps crashing my game

It can have many issues.

- you didn't installed it right, but i think that isn't the case because you can play but just encounter crash during gameplay.

- you use addional mods, which maybe bite with the DF changes. Don't forget DF is an overhaul and not all vanilla mods works fine with DF.

- you maybe encounter some memory problems, DF use alot more memory then regular vanilla gameplay. When you mashine got less then 8GB RAM i would bet on this.

 

You don't need to take screenshots (and never with your mobile), most games create logfiles you just need to find them.

Not sure but chek at the 7DaysToDie_Data folder the output_log.txt if you can see the errors there too.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, GoldsharkROU said:

Hello!, Download the mod 3.4 with the launcher, and when I play it the initial and menu texts appear in Spanish (ok!), But within the map, while playing you see the missions and texts in PORTUGUESE, how can I change this to Spanish or, failing that, English?
Thanks!

 

 

No idea. Haven't heard of anyone else having issues.

 

11 hours ago, Mattman17 said:

This worked perfectly, Thank you! However now whenever she joins my game I get "IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the Array." that continues to pop up and won’t go away till she leaves. I’m not very savvy when it comes to computers so I’m wondering if there’s a simple fix or if I screwed when I downloaded?

 

Like I said, there's no guarantee your saves would work from going to 19.3 to 19.4. It's entirely possible there's something on her character that's corrupt between updates.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've been enjoying Darkness Falls weekly with a group and when I can, solo. Today while exploring in my current solo game on DFalls-VSmall1 I've had a couple of crashes show up in the console (the second after fully exiting and restarting). This is happening in a town a little south of the north edge of the map. It's crashed twice, both times with the same call stack dealing with cave lighting:

 

2021-04-17T13:56:18 1209.362 ERR Exception in thread GenerateChunks:
2021-04-17T13:56:18 1209.362 EXC Specified cast is not valid.
InvalidCastException: Specified cast is not valid.
  at TileEntityLight.CopyFrom (TileEntity _other) [0x00000] in <8acc464c86d74c55af84c07a2c0049a6>:0 
  at Prefab.CopyIntoLocal (ChunkCluster _cluster, Vector3i _destinationPos, System.Boolean _bOverwriteExistingBlocks, System.Boolean _bSetChunkToRegenerate, Que
stTags _questTags) [0x004a2] in <8acc464c86d74c55af84c07a2c0049a6>:0 
  at SphereII_CaveTunneler.AddDecorationsToCave (Chunk chunk) [0x0045c] in <7216219ffb014a5c8c5138e4a5ca2148>:0 
  at SphereII_CaveProject+SphereII_CaveProject_WorldDecoratorBlocksFromBiome.Postfix (Chunk _chunk) [0x00020] in <b76f020cd2aa44018e749ccac3789d1b>:0 
  at (wrapper dynamic-method) WorldDecoratorBlocksFromBiome.WorldDecoratorBlocksFromBiome.decoratePrefabs_Patch2(WorldDecoratorBlocksFromBiome,World,Chunk,Chunk
,Chunk,Chunk,GameRandom)
  at WorldDecoratorBlocksFromBiome.DecorateChunkOverlapping (World _world, Chunk _chunk, Chunk cXp1Z, Chunk cXZp1, Chunk cXp1Zp1, System.Int32 seed) [0x00210] i
n <8acc464c86d74c55af84c07a2c0049a6>:0 
  at ChunkProviderGenerateWorld.tryToDecorate (Chunk _chunk) [0x000ca] in <8acc464c86d74c55af84c07a2c0049a6>:0 
  at ChunkProviderGenerateWorld.updateDecorationsWherePossible (Chunk chunk) [0x0003c] in <8acc464c86d74c55af84c07a2c0049a6>:0 
  at ChunkProviderGenerateWorld.GenerateSingleChunk (ChunkCluster cc, System.Int64 key, System.Boolean _forceRebuild) [0x0018e] in <8acc464c86d74c55af84c07a2c0049a6>:0 
  at ChunkProviderGenerateWorld.thread_GenerateChunks (ThreadManager+ThreadInfo _threadInfo) [0x0003a] in <8acc464c86d74c55af84c07a2c0049a6>:0 
  at ThreadManager.myThreadInvoke (System.Object _threadInfo) [0x0005d] in <8acc464c86d74c55af84c07a2c0049a6>:0 
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:Internal_LogException(Exception, Object)

 

Could one of the files be corrupted? [Edit: This is with Version: Alpha 19.4 (b7) Compatibility Version: Alpha 19.4, Build: Linux 64 Bit]

Edited by Stratagerm
Include version. (see edit history)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Known issue with that specific map and the caves.

Turn the caves off in Mods\2-SphereIICore\Config\blocks.xml.

Delete the region file for the area where it's crashing.

That's it. Other caves should remain, it just gets rid of the caves in that area and fixes it.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

We (4 ppl.) play darkness fall at difficulty 2. My toon is lvl 81. While trying to do a clean tier IV with silenced weapons and melee weapons no shooting around during daylight in a woodland biome we got no less than 3 times screamers. The last one calling in a succubus. Which was not killable because it phased through walls, healing up to maximum within seconds. 2 of us got killed, I ran and the 4th managed it to kill the last zombie. We have coil rifles/snipes with AP ammo and blessed metal mods.

Working as intended?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Arcoset said:

New random map not working to me :(

 

I would need more info to even begin to help.

 

2 hours ago, Gr.o.m. said:

 

We (4 ppl.) play darkness fall at difficulty 2. My toon is lvl 81. While trying to do a clean tier IV with silenced weapons and melee weapons no shooting around during daylight in a woodland biome we got no less than 3 times screamers. The last one calling in a succubus. Which was not killable because it phased through walls, healing up to maximum within seconds. 2 of us got killed, I ran and the 4th managed it to kill the last zombie. We have coil rifles/snipes with AP ammo and blessed metal mods.

Working as intended?

 

Silenced weapons don't completely remove screamers, especially if you're using auto weapons.

The succubus going through walls i'm PRETTY sure I have fixed locally. Need to do more testing but it seems good.

Not being killable? Yes that's intended. You NEED laser weapons for the Succubus, Incubus and Demonic Behemoth.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, KhaineGB said:

 

I would need more info to even begin to help.

 

 

Silenced weapons don't completely remove screamers, especially if you're using auto weapons.

The succubus going through walls i'm PRETTY sure I have fixed locally. Need to do more testing but it seems good.

Not being killable? Yes that's intended. You NEED laser weapons for the Succubus, Incubus and Demonic Behemoth.

But why do thex spawn that early in the game, thats what I like to ask?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, KhaineGB said:

Because you're in a group. More players = higher gamestage = tougher enemies.

That's just how the game works (and for the record, I hate it)

Thanks for answering.

Any tip, beside from run and hide?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Tier 4 POI is still good doable within a game day as solo stealth.

Stealth headshots kill most of the sleepers.

 

And when you want to play as group you maybe should think about mellee weapons too.

I am unsure how well the knockdown works on the demonic one, but when you can keep him down because 2 with blunt weapons and maybe one with slash for bleeding effect.

Not to speak about that you don't need to spend the next day to gather resources for ammo.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, Canute said:

Tier 4 POI is still good doable within a game day as solo stealth.

Stealth headshots kill most of the sleepers.

 

And when you want to play as group you maybe should think about mellee weapons too.

I am unsure how well the knockdown works on the demonic one, but when you can keep him down because 2 with blunt weapons and maybe one with slash for bleeding effect.

Not to speak about that you don't need to spend the next day to gather resources for ammo.

 

Nice tip.

BUT

We used melee wepons and only silenced guns.

How can knocking down help with a creature who regens severel thousand HP within a second?

Khane said that ONLY laserweapons prevent that regeneffect and that is the way the mod should work.

The problem was not clearing the poi but screamer who called in deamons far beyond any capability your character has at that stage of the game.

Khane also told (more or less indirectly) that the only solution to that problem might be not grouping up in darkness falls.

 

Again thank you for offering help.

Edited by Gr.o.m. (see edit history)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...