Jump to content

Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...


KhaineGB

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, KhaineGB said:

 

As someone already mentioned, mine UNDER the rocks. Basically you need to hit the gravel layer and look around.

 

 

Then it's a bad download. Try the azure link: https://dev.azure.com/KhaineUK/DarknessFallsA19Client/_git/DarknessFallsA19Client

For mod launcher users, the "Download from mirror" option should use the above link.

 


Got you. Fixed.


It currently does NOT due to broken AI.

I did mine UNDER the rocks and made a few decent sized holes in the ground still nothing....I guess I will keep trying.....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, KhaineGB said:


Probably not until A20. But yes, I do plan to bring them back in when the AI works.

Thats great to hear,your mod looks very cool. Can you tell me how exactly AI are broken?Some special scripting particular to your mod/implimentation of them or AI in general?I had some issues with Xyths DMT NPCs mod but its working relatively fine after i tweaked a few values in entity classes to modify behavior

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So I played a bit in A19.1 and something always confused me so I thought Id ask a question.

 

Whats the point of intrinsic immunity? Because I could never really figure it out. While searching this forum didn't help much.

 

According to description its supposed to give disease resistance and a chance to shrug off disease. Now I've played a good bit of vanilla and aside from infection. The only two diseases are food poisoning and dysentery. Which in your own words on this forum the perk does not do. Or if it was changed to. Now prevents them at rank 5. Making it have essentially 4 dead levels to eat your points. [based on what the description says mind you.]

 

Is it only for infection? Being only for infection is fine infection is annoying. Knowing you have a perk in your back pocket to help with it is nice. But if it is shouldn't the description just say that? o.o It would be less confusing that way I think. Unless I am completely missing something or its been changed now. Wanted to ask before I pick up the latest version.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Redarmy45 said:

Thats great to hear,your mod looks very cool. Can you tell me how exactly AI are broken?Some special scripting particular to your mod/implimentation of them or AI in general?I had some issues with Xyths DMT NPCs mod but its working relatively fine after i tweaked a few values in entity classes to modify behavior

 

The ranged ones were shooting backwards and often hitting themselves or the player.

 

4 hours ago, Tpunk21 said:

So I played a bit in A19.1 and something always confused me so I thought Id ask a question.

 

Whats the point of intrinsic immunity? Because I could never really figure it out. While searching this forum didn't help much.

 

According to description its supposed to give disease resistance and a chance to shrug off disease. Now I've played a good bit of vanilla and aside from infection. The only two diseases are food poisoning and dysentery. Which in your own words on this forum the perk does not do. Or if it was changed to. Now prevents them at rank 5. Making it have essentially 4 dead levels to eat your points. [based on what the description says mind you.]

 

Is it only for infection? Being only for infection is fine infection is annoying. Knowing you have a perk in your back pocket to help with it is nice. But if it is shouldn't the description just say that? o.o It would be less confusing that way I think. Unless I am completely missing something or its been changed now. Wanted to ask before I pick up the latest version.


So I don't know about 3.3...

But the 3.4 version I have here (just waiting on 19.4 to go stable) has a CHANCE to protect against...

Pneumonia
Infection
Food Poisoning/Rotten Food
Dysentry.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just created an account to ask this question: Has the electrical system been reworked to make it more realistic with more variations than the simple version we have in vanilla? Ok, maybe I do have two questions - the other one is what servers have this mod on so I can go check it out before downloading it and going solo offline?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, morph said:

How does 1 smelt brass down please? What needs unlocking? 

There is no smelting in this version of Darkness Falls. You just scrap the trophies, etc. into the brass into your inventory, or use a workbench to keep your own scrap queue empty for longer scrapping times. I typically do that with a stack of  5 radiators or a lot of trophies. As far as I'm aware, there is no way to avoid the 25% loss of scrapping versus vanilla smelting.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've been playing this a few days and I got to say it's such a difference to vanilla, really enjoying it. One small issue I have encountered. I took the Hunter skill and was working towards completing the quest line, I was on quest 6 but when I've logged back in it's vanished from my quest list. Definitely not competed just not there, is there any way of getting this back as I believe without it being complete certain perks won't be available?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Canute said:

You don't gain perk's from class quests, just level of the class.

Just take a look at the hunter class tree, i think you should have at last lvl 1 at all skills beside mastery if you finished all quests.

 

That's the thing, I didn't finish the quest and I think rank 3 of the huntsman perk says it become available upon completion of quest chain? I'm still new to it so not sure.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, morph said:

How does 1 smelt brass down please? What needs unlocking? 


You don't. 

 

5 hours ago, Noob Survivor said:

Just created an account to ask this question: Has the electrical system been reworked to make it more realistic with more variations than the simple version we have in vanilla? Ok, maybe I do have two questions - the other one is what servers have this mod on so I can go check it out before downloading it and going solo offline?


Nope. I haven't touched the electric system.
 

1 hour ago, Hockallz said:

I've been playing this a few days and I got to say it's such a difference to vanilla, really enjoying it. One small issue I have encountered. I took the Hunter skill and was working towards completing the quest line, I was on quest 6 but when I've logged back in it's vanished from my quest list. Definitely not competed just not there, is there any way of getting this back as I believe without it being complete certain perks won't be available?

 

Open the console and type givequest quest_classtraininghunter6

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Been playing this for a couple of weeks and gotta ask whats the point of having the Desert Eagle/AutoShotgun/watch and other "Minor" recipes locked behind the Master skill perk of a class? The larger backpack, Adv. Rigging, Motorbike I can get it, but by the time I was able to farm enough skill notes to make one master skill book I a) already found those weapons in the wild a couple of times and b) was a few levels from making coilguns anyways, I think those things should be learnable either from recipes or level capped in the general perk tree. 

 

I am blind of there isnt a Med cabinet storage? I saw that you added custom storage in the shape of Gun safe, fridge, toolbox etc but no Medicine one, can the Weapon rack and equipment racks be added as custom storage blocks? 

 

On 2/13/2021 at 1:55 PM, Troyballs said:

I did mine UNDER the rocks and made a few decent sized holes in the ground still nothing....I guess I will keep trying.....

Yeah do that, I finished clearing a research lab yesterday and literally mined to bedrock and from there to whatever direction I felt like, found a colossal Titanium vein just 500m from the Lab

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, neorevenge said:

I am blind of there isnt a Med cabinet storage? I saw that you added custom storage in the shape of Gun safe, fridge, toolbox etc but no Medicine one, can the Weapon rack and equipment racks be added as custom storage blocks? 

 

Do a search for "lockable" in the crafting window and you will find a pill case or pill box (I forget exact name). This will also show you the full listing of expanded storage containers that can be made - at least this is what I do to find them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

Yes but we had to put a verification system in for a multitude of reasons.

So he needs to check what channels he has available, and READ THE CHANNEL DESCRIPTIONS.

Because apparently people don't do that.

sorry man to waste your time; I see the entry method after personally taking a look. I'm in. THANK YOU. will direct the hubby.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Petite said:

Any reason? Or any good seed name you know with lots big town.

 

Because there's no modified file for placing DF POI's, and even if there were, it doesn't place them in the correct biomes.

Also large towns are really bad for FPS and RAM usage, which you absolutely do not want in an overhaul mod that already has increased RAM usage.

 

8 hours ago, neorevenge said:

Been playing this for a couple of weeks and gotta ask whats the point of having the Desert Eagle/AutoShotgun/watch and other "Minor" recipes locked behind the Master skill perk of a class? The larger backpack, Adv. Rigging, Motorbike I can get it, but by the time I was able to farm enough skill notes to make one master skill book I a) already found those weapons in the wild a couple of times and b) was a few levels from making coilguns anyways, I think those things should be learnable either from recipes or level capped in the general perk tree. 

 

I am blind of there isnt a Med cabinet storage? I saw that you added custom storage in the shape of Gun safe, fridge, toolbox etc but no Medicine one, can the Weapon rack and equipment racks be added as custom storage blocks? 

 

Yeah do that, I finished clearing a research lab yesterday and literally mined to bedrock and from there to whatever direction I felt like, found a colossal Titanium vein just 500m from the Lab


I wouldn't consider a "T3" gun to be a minor recipe, and I did it because I want to.

And the watch isn't mastery locked. It's class locked. You can make it without the mastery if you go scientist.

And there is a pill case.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...