Jump to content

Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...


Recommended Posts

Привет Хайнегб, у меня есть проблема с мастером класса мусорщиков, по-видимому, эта книга вообще не является, что очень печально.

 

 

1390268376_7DaysToDie04_11.202019_37_491.png.18108ccd6232dcc1cf40ffe45b1292fa.png

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi!

Got this bug. Its a bug where you can place a block early on and then when time goes by for some reason the chunk gets corrupted or changed. Meaning if you re-model or remove that block you can not place a new block in its place.

There was repairchunkdensity[fix] to fix this from console however you need to get coordinates for it too yes?

Can someone walk-through how to properly fix these blocks (in my example there are 3 corrupted blocks)

678.png

Link to post
Share on other sites

@KhaineGB I’m really enjoying this mod. It makes vanilla look lame by comparison. I had a few questions (sorry if they’ve been answered before, I tried searching and the FAQ but haven’t found answers.

 

1. Is the quality of looted weapons based upon your skill with that type of weapon? I’m on Day 14 and I’ve already looted a steel club. My blunt weapons skill is 60ish so I was wondering if that played a factor. Apparently with my classes I can’t forge steel until level 50 but I’ve already found the aforementioned club and several steel tools and multiple copies of the steel tool schematics (first was at day 4). Game stage 50 and level 37 at Day 14, with default XP settings and the quality of loot I’m finding seems weird, I’m not sure if I’m just lucky or if it’s intended. I don’t have any points in the loot perks other than what’s given to you for completing Scavenger class quest.

2. Has the respec potion been removed? Just curious because I put points into things that ended up being wasted because I found better loot than I can craft almost immediately afterward and would like to put the points into something more useful, but with the learn by doing, classes and the way perks have been changed I’m not sure if it’s possible to respec like in vanilla.

 

Other than those questions I’m in love with the mod. TFP should hire you to help finish the game because you’ve fixed a lot of the issues with vanilla already. Great job!

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/4/2020 at 12:44 PM, Gala said:

Привет Хайнегб, у меня есть проблема с мастером класса мусорщиков, по-видимому, эта книга вообще не является, что очень печально.

 

 

1390268376_7DaysToDie04_11.202019_37_491.png.18108ccd6232dcc1cf40ffe45b1292fa.png

Will be adding one later.

On 11/4/2020 at 3:41 PM, zingo2 said:

Hi!

Got this bug. Its a bug where you can place a block early on and then when time goes by for some reason the chunk gets corrupted or changed. Meaning if you re-model or remove that block you can not place a new block in its place.

There was repairchunkdensity[fix] to fix this from console however you need to get coordinates for it too yes? imageproxy.php?img=&key=39d1d7f5e2929937imageproxy.php?img=&key=39d1d7f5e2929937imageproxy.php?img=&key=39d1d7f5e2929937

Can someone walk-through how to properly fix these blocks (in my example there are 3 corrupted blocks)

678.png

I've legit never seen that bug before. I assume repairchunkdensity works for the chunk you're in? If not, you can get the co-ords from the map screen.

On 11/4/2020 at 4:31 PM, Cipher said:

Hey so setting up  a dedicated server. In the XML theres a place to put the map seed. Now i cant find the seed for DF and when i alaunch the server it gives an error for the map seed. any help?

I assume you mean you want to use a DF map? If so, you'd replace navezgane with the name of the map and leave seed blank.

23 hours ago, GooFuu said:

I have a question. Mining XP Reduction is deleted in A19.2 DF?

Think I left it in.

6 hours ago, rosedragon said:

Heya, I am playing this on the current alpha 19.2(b4) and I can't pick up any chairs, is it intended?

Yes. TFP said they're gonna do that eventually anyways, so figured i'd do it now.

2 hours ago, Appropriate_Pepper said:

@KhaineGB I’m really enjoying this mod. It makes vanilla look lame by comparison. I had a few questions (sorry if they’ve been answered before, I tried searching and the FAQ but haven’t found answers.

 

1. Is the quality of looted weapons based upon your skill with that type of weapon? I’m on Day 14 and I’ve already looted a steel club. My blunt weapons skill is 60ish so I was wondering if that played a factor. Apparently with my classes I can’t forge steel until level 50 but I’ve already found the aforementioned club and several steel tools and multiple copies of the steel tool schematics (first was at day 4). Game stage 50 and level 37 at Day 14, with default XP settings and the quality of loot I’m finding seems weird, I’m not sure if I’m just lucky or if it’s intended. I don’t have any points in the loot perks other than what’s given to you for completing Scavenger class quest.

2. Has the respec potion been removed? Just curious because I put points into things that ended up being wasted because I found better loot than I can craft almost immediately afterward and would like to put the points into something more useful, but with the learn by doing, classes and the way perks have been changed I’m not sure if it’s possible to respec like in vanilla.

 

Other than those questions I’m in love with the mod. TFP should hire you to help finish the game because you’ve fixed a lot of the issues with vanilla already. Great job!

1) It's based on gamestage and lucky looter. However, I DID add the ability to get steel stuff earlier than vanilla if you get lucky because I hated that you could go into a shotgun messiah on day 2 and get utter crap. I at least wanted there to be a CHANCE to get something.

Scavenger also increases loot gamestage IIRC.

2) Yes, because it breaks characters.

And sorry for the delay in getting back to folks. Still very busy helping out at the rescue, so i'm either there or asleep atm. :D

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the reply, Khaine! That is a lot of questions you answered! :D

 

Anyone have any idea how snare / chicken coop works? My coops work once, then nothing. As for the snares, most of them are just disappearing without even a single harvest. I was able to have one or two trigger inside enclosed area (still count as outdoor) then nothing. It is frustrating

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, KhaineGB said:

You have to "upgrade" them again with animal feed after they've been triggered and looted.

here is the thing, the ones that disappear, never trigger or loot. I left them several times, when I am back they are gone. Even there is some occasion that they just gone after I place them, they gone right in front of my eyes. ;/ I watched an old video that says dont make farm too big or things gone missing, but I dont have big farm and other things are fine. I only place 10 of these snares and my crop farm is around 20 blocks away and only have 20 crops on them.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Did you have them outside on grass? Because they have to be or that will happen. I use the "plant" code to make them grow. If they're not in dirt, the game gets rid of them.

EDIT: I actually added this earlier to localization so it'll pop up as a journal entry when you make one.

"Animal coops and snares must be placed outside and on grass. They will not work indoors or on player crafted blocks. You just have to wait for them to trigger and loot the contents.

 

Once they have been looted, both coops and snares need to be baited with more animal feed in order for them to trigger again."

Edited by KhaineGB (see edit history)
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KhaineGB said:

Did you have them outside on grass? Because they have to be or that will happen. I use the "plant" code to make them grow. If they're not in dirt, the game gets rid of them.

EDIT: I actually added this earlier to localization so it'll pop up as a journal entry when you make one.

"Animal coops and snares must be placed outside and on grass. They will not work indoors or on player crafted blocks. You just have to wait for them to trigger and loot the contents.

 

Once they have been looted, both coops and snares need to be baited with more animal feed in order for them to trigger again."

Hi! I am on the desert biome and have tried on either natural sand ground or sand ground after flattened with wooden frame. When you say grass, the grass patch that gives plant fiber when hit or do I have to move to forest biome? xD 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/4/2020 at 1:21 AM, KhaineGB said:

Dont keep the pump near plants.

The plants will still check for water, so they'll eat the water, which stops the pump working. Keep your pump and water source AT LEAST 5 blocks away from the closest plant.

I'm too low IQ and for whatever reason I can't figure it out (won't work LOL). This is how its setup (6 blocks space between water and planters)

2020-11-05_22_22_10-7_Days_To_Die.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, KhaineGB said:

Pump isn't next to the water. You're 1 block away fron it (the concrete)

Oh got it, i put the back of the pump in the water but the whole thing needs to be in it. Will do. Thanks for taking the time to help out. Appreciate it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I was generating the world!
Started passing and already 130 lvl, almost everything is open!
However, there was a problem on the map.
- I have not found a single rocket base, not a single small underground bunker! I found two large underground bunkers in the radioactive zone, but I can't enter - it says that access is denied! What to do? Is there a problem with the map?
-Yes, I noticed a little oddity, explosive bullets (orange), practically do not damage armored soldiers from AK 47, but the same bullets from a pistol (25), and a machine gun is killed immediately!
Why don't plants grow in the garden! I don’t know how to water!

 

 

 

 

Edited by user2010 (see edit history)
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey Khaine, thanks for the awesome mod bud.

 

With the 19 release (current as of 15 mins ago), the prefab files are missing all by a handful (trader, bunkers, labs) of custom POIs.  I've searched for dfalls, dfp and manually scanned the lists of all of the worlds from vsmall to xlarge, and it looks like none of them contain any custom POIs.  I'm missing my demonic looking library towers... =(

 

Also, I've noted there don't seem to be any nuke crater radiation zones mixed in to the map based on the biomes.png shots.  Are these making a return, because they surely made life way more interesting... 😃

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

This is a great mod however I seem to have hit a wall.

I was under the impression that Titanium spawns in the wasteland (green map area I need a hazmat suit from)

I have not found a single node or anything, am I in the wrong area or does anyone have any advice on where and how to find it?

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, rykon1459918 said:

Это отличный мод, но я, кажется, натолкнулся на стену.

У меня создалось впечатление, что титан появляется в пустошах (зеленая область карты, где мне нужен защитный костюм)

Я не нашел ни одного узла или чего-то еще, я нахожусь не в том месте или у кого-нибудь есть совет, где и как его найти?

Titanium is located only in these areas!
Break the stones! If a Titanium gets out of him, the swarm is deeper! There is a very high chance of finding it in this place!

Edited by user2010 (see edit history)
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...