Jump to content

Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...


Recommended Posts

Caitline still has a problem even after several kills. Only resetting regions (MP) helps.

In none of the shotguns a spring can be installed, even in an automatic one, there is a very lack of rate of fire.
And given the short range of fire and damage, shotguns become irrelevant with a large accumulation of zombies.

 

https://youtu.be/qnrsvUanLfU?t=263

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,

 

Been trawling through the forum looking for how to use Nitrogen to make maps for DF. Completely understand Kaines message that Nitrogen is not recommended for various reasons...

 

Soooooo - my question is how do I generate a map that is completely flat and entirely pine forest apart from some patches of desert?

 

I know I have to change stuff in the RWGMixer files - but have no idea what to do......

 

Any help for this dumb idiot would be much appreciated :)

 

Adr.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Winkiss said:

Caitline still has a problem even after several kills. Only resetting regions (MP) helps.

In none of the shotguns a spring can be installed, even in an automatic one, there is a very lack of rate of fire.
And given the short range of fire and damage, shotguns become irrelevant with a large accumulation of zombies.

 

https://youtu.be/qnrsvUanLfU?t=263

I can't reproduce the issue with Caitlin at all. She works fine for me and quite a few others...

11 hours ago, Bat0206 said:

Hello😁,can anyone say me what do the Master class of Scavenger, the description is in Japan 😅

Thank you!

perkMasterScavengerRank1Desc,progression,Perk,,,Unlocks the desert vulture recipe. Increases bonuses gained from Wasteland Treasures by 10%. Increase crafting tier by 10 for pistols.

It also increases loot drop probability so I need to re-write that one.

3 hours ago, Adr said:

Hi,

 

Been trawling through the forum looking for how to use Nitrogen to make maps for DF. Completely understand Kaines message that Nitrogen is not recommended for various reasons...

 

Soooooo - my question is how do I generate a map that is completely flat and entirely pine forest apart from some patches of desert?

 

I know I have to change stuff in the RWGMixer files - but have no idea what to do......

 

Any help for this dumb idiot would be much appreciated :)

 

Adr.

I have no idea either. It was easier in A16.

However, A19.2 seems to be generating flatter maps from testing.

Link to post
Share on other sites

When reading books, DFreloadingWeekly opens 3 out of 4 points. 4 never opens.
The Steel Armor recipe opens only 1 point, the other 2 cannot be opened with recipes.

The Scavenger class can be given the ability to manufacture coin packs.

There are a lot of zombies in the prefabs from the comppack.
The quest is average, but I haven't met so many zombies in one room even on tier 5.

Is it possible to make a military truck in future updates?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Reloading Weekly book is fixed. Steel armor seems to be fixed.

Not doing bundles of dukes and not planning to add a military truck vehicle given how much of a pain non-vanilla vehicles are for catching on everything.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi KhaineGB lord,

 

Can you share for us which version is mostly safe to play for now ? 

Both on server and client. I'm little boring when only play normal game.

19.1 already try. It's error. 18.4 stuck in Loading screen : Receiving and loading config :( 

 

Thanks you and hope you have a good day 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Toniee said:

Hi KhaineGB lord,

 

Can you share for us which version is mostly safe to play for now ? 

Both on server and client. I'm little boring when only play normal game.

19.1 already try. It's error. 18.4 stuck in Loading screen : Receiving and loading config :( 

 

Thanks you and hope you have a good day 

 

could you tell us about the error?  19.1 is working.  something is wrong with your installation.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Im around level 95, and demonic soldiers are total pain in the ass now. I cant manage to kill one with my purple quality 60 AK-47 fully modded with armor shredder, blessed metal, rad remover, extended mag mods and a scope. I just cant pump out enough dps with that weapon to kill them. The problem is, they started spawning in crowds during my quests, and now i cant finish any of my quests :D They have way too much base damage resist imo. My fully modded 2H hammer do like 20-30 dmg on their bodies with a left click attack, i even have some perk points on blunt weapons.

 

I cant decide that my armor and weapon mods are working or not btw. For example, i have a watch mod applied to the hands armor. If i put another mod in that armor after the watch mod, it stops working until i re-apply that. Same with the Rad remover. If i modify my weapon, the green zombies regenerating constantly until i re-apply the rad remover mod in my weapons. I dont feel the armor shredder mod working on soldiers for example or not. When they attack me in crowds, i usually just get overwhelmed and killed, because they simply absorb most of my damage.

 

Laborer class --> Advanced Engineering --> Blacksmith + Tinkerer perks should reduce craft times by 20% in forges and workbenches as i understand. I dont see that working too, i checked my crossbow crafting time what is 4:40 at this moment (craftable only in the workbench), after i applied the perk, the crafting time is the same as before. I dont know that these problems occurs only in server play or not, since i dont play offline mode. I just report problems here what i found :)

Edited by kexes (see edit history)
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, couple of questions:

1. In the underground science bunker that has entrance through the well, is it that zombie respwan forever or how long?

2. The laborer class it seems that invalidates the perk steel crafting untill you finish the class?

3. How can I make the weapons have the same amount of mod slots no matter the lost in degradation leves, I know that I need to change this line <passive_effect name="ModSlots" operation="base_set" value="1,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8" tier="1,11,21,31,41,51,61,71,80"/> made a modlet that change tier to 80 for everything but it`s not working. Do i need to change anything else?

Thank you.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I saw one weapon mod that disabling the insane regeneration of demonic zombies, YAY! :D But requires unlocking of the technology crafting. I saw on the writing table that one book (the purple or red one) should unlock the whole thing? i saw it requires the red research paper. I have some from that but i dont remember where i got that. Maybe lab zombies? Where can i get more?

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, kexes said:

Im around level 95, and demonic soldiers are total pain in the ass now. I cant manage to kill one with my purple quality 60 AK-47 fully modded with armor shredder, blessed metal, rad remover, extended mag mods and a scope. I just cant pump out enough dps with that weapon to kill them. The problem is, they started spawning in crowds during my quests, and now i cant finish any of my quests :D They have way too much base damage resist imo. My fully modded 2H hammer do like 20-30 dmg on their bodies with a left click attack, i even have some perk points on blunt weapons.

 

I cant decide that my armor and weapon mods are working or not btw. For example, i have a watch mod applied to the hands armor. If i put another mod in that armor after the watch mod, it stops working until i re-apply that. Same with the Rad remover. If i modify my weapon, the green zombies regenerating constantly until i re-apply the rad remover mod in my weapons. I dont feel the armor shredder mod working on soldiers for example or not. When they attack me in crowds, i usually just get overwhelmed and killed, because they simply absorb most of my damage.

 

Laborer class --> Advanced Engineering --> Blacksmith + Tinkerer perks should reduce craft times by 20% in forges and workbenches as i understand. I dont see that working too, i checked my crossbow crafting time what is 4:40 at this moment (craftable only in the workbench), after i applied the perk, the crafting time is the same as before. I dont know that these problems occurs only in server play or not, since i dont play offline mode. I just report problems here what i found :)

Dude. At level 95, you should NOT be using an AK. You should have either an Ar, an M4A1, an M60 or some other T3 weapon (Desert Vulture, Sniper Rifle, Auto Shotgun) or the Coilweapons that do an addition +25% to demons that STACKS with Blessed Metal.

An AK is considered a T1 weapon, right along with the basic Pistol, Double Barreled Shotgun and Hunting Rifle.

And those perks are set up how they were in vanilla. So... eh. I don't really want to start poking into TFP's mess to try and fix it.

7 hours ago, Cynyr said:

Hi, couple of questions:

1. In the underground science bunker that has entrance through the well, is it that zombie respwan forever or how long?

2. The laborer class it seems that invalidates the perk steel crafting untill you finish the class?

3. How can I make the weapons have the same amount of mod slots no matter the lost in degradation leves, I know that I need to change this line <passive_effect name="ModSlots" operation="base_set" value="1,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8" tier="1,11,21,31,41,51,61,71,80"/> made a modlet that change tier to 80 for everything but it`s not working. Do i need to change anything else?

Thank you.

1) Destroy the body bags.
2) Yes, but you get the points back. So finish it and go all in on hammer and forge.
3) You can't. You'd have to set it to a flat number for all tiers.

4 hours ago, kexes said:

I saw one weapon mod that disabling the insane regeneration of demonic zombies, YAY! :D But requires unlocking of the technology crafting. I saw on the writing table that one book (the purple or red one) should unlock the whole thing? i saw it requires the red research paper. I have some from that but i dont remember where i got that. Maybe lab zombies? Where can i get more?

Labs and lab zombies.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

Dude. At level 95, you should NOT be using an AK. You should have either an Ar, an M4A1, an M60 or some other T3 weapon (Desert Vulture, Sniper Rifle, Auto Shotgun) or the Coilweapons that do an addition +25% to demons that STACKS with Blessed Metal.

An AK is considered a T1 weapon, right along with the basic Pistol, Double Barreled Shotgun and Hunting Rifle.

And those perks are set up how they were in vanilla. So... eh. I don't really want to start poking into TFP's mess to try and fix it.

1) Destroy the body bags.
2) Yes, but you get the points back. So finish it and go all in on hammer and forge.
3) You can't. You'd have to set it to a flat number for all tiers.

Labs and lab zombies.

 

Yes i know, i crafted them already and its much better now. I did some Recogs too just in case if @%$# hits the fan :D

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hiho,

I noticed that there is Trader Joel and Jen together in one prefab.... so far so good.

BUT when I talk to them I cant sell any items. The "SELL" button simpley does not appear, when I click on any goods (doesnt matter what).

When talking to Jen the cam remains locked in the zoom perspectiv. This does not happen when talking to Joel.

Another player on the server has reported that everything works on the trader in his town.

Anyone knows how to fix this ?


 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I've never made a prefab with Trader Jen and Trader Joel in it...

The locked zoom can usually be fixed by rebooting the server or killing the trader to force a respawn. I believe that's a vanilla issue, but not 100% sure. Not being able to sell usually means the trader has 3 items of what you are trying to sell already.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/9/2020 at 8:15 PM, KhaineGB said:

The first page has links to the 19.1 version and it's working fine. My best guess is you tried to install on 19.0 (which seems common) or 19.2.

Ah ok. Any idea to go down 19.1 sir ? MOstly only see 19.0 or lastest one 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I get a lot of wrong hash INF messages when I bring up the server. I guess this is the server saying they aren't the default files? These are the XMLs you touch on? 

 

Quote

2020-10-11T07:58:21 123.253 INF Wrong hash on Data/Config/archetypes.xml
2020-10-11T07:58:21 123.254 INF Wrong hash on Data/Config/biomes.xml
2020-10-11T07:58:21 123.255 INF Wrong hash on Data/Config/blockplaceholders.xml
2020-10-11T07:58:21 123.262 INF Wrong hash on Data/Config/blocks.xml
2020-10-11T07:58:21 123.277 INF Wrong hash on Data/Config/blocksA16PrefabConversion.xml
2020-10-11T07:58:21 123.280 INF Wrong hash on Data/Config/buffs.xml
2020-10-11T07:58:21 123.280 INF Wrong hash on Data/Config/dialogs.xml
2020-10-11T07:58:21 123.281 INF Wrong hash on Data/Config/dmscontent.xml
2020-10-11T07:58:21 123.285 INF Wrong hash on Data/Config/entityclasses.xml
2020-10-11T07:58:21 123.293 INF Wrong hash on Data/Config/entitygroups.xml
2020-10-11T07:58:21 123.294 INF Wrong hash on Data/Config/gamestages.xml
2020-10-11T07:58:21 123.301 INF Wrong hash on Data/Config/items.xml
2020-10-11T07:58:21 123.302 INF Wrong hash on Data/Config/item_modifiers.xml
2020-10-11T07:58:21 123.303 INF Wrong hash on Data/Config/loadingscreen.xml
2020-10-11T07:58:21 123.305 INF Wrong hash on Data/Config/loot.xml
2020-10-11T07:58:21 123.305 INF Wrong hash on Data/Config/materials.xml
2020-10-11T07:58:21 123.305 INF Wrong hash on Data/Config/misc.xml
2020-10-11T07:58:21 123.310 INF Wrong hash on Data/Config/music.xml
2020-10-11T07:58:21 123.310 INF Wrong hash on Data/Config/nav_objects.xml
2020-10-11T07:58:21 123.310 INF Wrong hash on Data/Config/npc.xml
2020-10-11T07:58:21 123.311 INF Wrong hash on Data/Config/painting.xml
2020-10-11T07:58:21 123.311 INF Wrong hash on Data/Config/physicsbodies.xml
2020-10-11T07:58:21 123.313 INF Wrong hash on Data/Config/progression.xml
2020-10-11T07:58:21 123.313 INF Wrong hash on Data/Config/qualityinfo.xml
2020-10-11T07:58:21 123.315 INF Wrong hash on Data/Config/quests.xml
2020-10-11T07:58:21 123.316 INF Wrong hash on Data/Config/recipes.xml
2020-10-11T07:58:21 123.317 INF Wrong hash on Data/Config/rwgmixer.xml
2020-10-11T07:58:21 123.319 INF Wrong hash on Data/Config/sounds.xml
2020-10-11T07:58:21 123.319 INF Wrong hash on Data/Config/spawning.xml
2020-10-11T07:58:21 123.320 INF Wrong hash on Data/Config/traders.xml
2020-10-11T07:58:21 123.320 INF Wrong hash on Data/Config/ui_display.xml
2020-10-11T07:58:21 123.321 INF Wrong hash on Data/Config/utilityai.xml
2020-10-11T07:58:21 123.321 INF Wrong hash on Data/Config/vehicles.xml
2020-10-11T07:58:21 123.321 INF Wrong hash on Data/Config/weathersurvival.xml
2020-10-11T07:58:21 123.322 INF Wrong hash on Data/Config/worldglobal.xml
2020-10-11T07:58:21 123.322 INF Wrong hash on Data/Config/XUi/controls.xml
2020-10-11T07:58:21 123.322 INF Wrong hash on Data/Config/XUi/styles.xml
2020-10-11T07:58:21 123.324 INF Wrong hash on Data/Config/XUi/windows.xml
2020-10-11T07:58:21 123.324 INF Wrong hash on Data/Config/XUi/xui.xml

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I unlocked the future tech crafting at least. I found that the description of the perk says i can craft future technology items up to 30 levels. But i can craft only with one level lower tiers (pics in the spoiler). This is normal? Also found that titanium auger harvest less resources from one block (~250 per block) than the titanium pickaxe (~350 per block) with 5/5 miner 69'er. It is for balance purposes? Because in this case i dont find much worth using it, thanks for the wasting of harvested resources (i dont mind a bit slower harvesting with pickaxe) and especially the continuously spawning screamers.

 

Spoiler

perk.thumb.jpg.4bdd7c1b4e1f2e4c4975c7e20193b82d.jpg

 

perk2.thumb.jpg.d24192e576ea108f318d699e9d93ce19.jpg

 

Sorry for keep bothering you with my posts, i just want to know the way the mod works :D Some things are not totally clear.

Edited by kexes (see edit history)
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, first off love the mod.  But I have a question.  I've wrenched dozens of cars but have as of yet gotten any headlights or any of the other special parts to build a car.  Am I doing something wrong?  I'm wrenching them if that helps.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey. Why can't beer quench your thirst?

Grandfather's elixir uses more resources for training in an electric stove than in a fire.

The Coilgun is an electromagnetic weapon, but why does it have shot noise and barrel fire?
You can reduce the flame or add a flame carrier mod.

DFalls-Large1 map completely missing demonic portals, 140 days and none.
Portals in the laboratory also have problems - they do not spawn demons.
Resetting regions can affect portals?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...