Jump to content
KhaineGB

Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

Recommended Posts

Error parsing qaulityinfo.xm for map DF-Small2. The whole thing is only snow and according to the biomes.png file Snow is only to the east, Burnt forest west, Forest Pine centre and Wasteland north. (sorry no output.txt as for some reason the game is not writing to a log, only the console.

I would prefer not to have the wasteland, how would I achieve this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello, is this mod ready for Alpha 19 ? Does it make the game harder ? Because the game without mod is really for noob.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, JJJ said:

Hello, is this mod ready for Alpha 19 ? Does it make the game harder ? Because the game without mod is really for noob.

 

Hi JJJ

 

Yes, it works for A19, try to test the mod and see for yourself if it is difficult or not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, siliconmatrix said:

Hello, I stood up a CentOS 7 VM on ESXi 6.5 with 4vCPUs and 16GB RAM. I installed A19 stable and unmodified it runs perfectly fine. I created a secondary folder, did a fresh install of A19 stable there, then dumped the contents of https://gitlab.com/KhaineGB/darknessfallsa19server/-/archive/master/darknessfallsa19server-master.tar.gz overwriting everything. Running the server with the DF mod I can login and maybe get 30sec in to a few minutes before the server crashes, or my player falls through the earth. The logs don't always capture anything when there's a crash but here are a few examples that did:

Ah so it's not just me! I'm seeing the same behavior.  I see Khaine has already responded so I'll just run a Windows dedi for now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A19 DF 3 and there is a severe shortage of brass radiators. They used to drop about 10-15% of the time from cars but I have scavenged 100 cars with a socket wrench and gotten no brass radiators. This was a good source of brass for casings and is essential for making the advanced forge.

 

Also I have gotten no headlights from the 100 cars but I did get a single headlight from a short bus.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, liltriz said:

My game gets stuck on loading game data screen.

It takes a looooooong time to load even when it's running perfect. Be patient.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, belowzeros said:

sorry if you answered this, I have been reading your replies.  I just wanted to confirm the maps without a 2 are just vanilla POIs?

Maps with 1 in the name are vanilla + our edited compo pack + some A16 and A18 buildings I added + DF specific POI's.

10 hours ago, Finch55 said:

Error parsing qaulityinfo.xm for map DF-Small2. The whole thing is only snow and according to the biomes.png file Snow is only to the east, Burnt forest west, Forest Pine centre and Wasteland north. (sorry no output.txt as for some reason the game is not writing to a log, only the console.

I would prefer not to have the wasteland, how would I achieve this?

Sounds like the biomes.png is corrupted and you might need to redownload.

5 hours ago, liltriz said:

My game gets stuck on loading game data screen.

Press F1 and check for any errors. My guess is you have a bad harmony patch and need to redownload it (that's been happening a lot which is why I have 3 download locations)

5 hours ago, Akrux said:

A19 DF 3 and there is a severe shortage of brass radiators. They used to drop about 10-15% of the time from cars but I have scavenged 100 cars with a socket wrench and gotten no brass radiators. This was a good source of brass for casings and is essential for making the advanced forge.

 

Also I have gotten no headlights from the 100 cars but I did get a single headlight from a short bus.

They weren't dropping for me at all, so I changed how they drop.

Wrench/Ratchet/Impact Driver is now required, but they're also NOT affected by harvest count anymore.  Buses seem to be more likely to drop them when I was looking in the drop chances.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Disassembling cars also do not get radiators, I used wrenches, a ratchet for disassembly - there is not a single radiator. Also in houses, heating radiators also do not give brass radiators, only iron. If there is a chance of falling out, then it is very small. I saw that they already wrote about this, this is a problem.
I also could not get the headlights, I had to buy).
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I know they DO drop radiators because I tested it.

And my tester who previously wasn't getting radiators, batteries and engines ALSO tested it and got some.

So they absolutely drop.

You need to remember it's like a 30% chance to drop, for one SPECIFIC car stage, per "hit" with the item.

So the more powerful items (ratchet and impact driver) will be impacting your ability to get stuff  since they destroy blocks faster.

Edited by KhaineGB (see edit history)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hm interesting, no radiators is something I was about to ask about as well.. we'll stick to wrenches and not ratchets and see if that helps

 

Air drops on the server - the aircraft sound only plays for 1 or 2 seconds and then cuts out, and there has been no sightings of any parachutes/smoke falling. Drop markers are turned off, but we did randomly come across one on the ground later so they are "spawning" but none of us have actually seen the plane or a drop falling from the sky yet (3 weeks in)

 

Generally I believe my dedicated server is performing much better and using less memory than A18 so that's nice (5 players)

 

We're having a great time, cheers for the update!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Firstly,

KhaineGB you sir make an amazing mod!! Me and my friends send a big thank you for all your hard work. 😊

 

Secondly just wanted to ask two questions for A18 version of Darkness falls:

1) Does anyone know if the "robinhood" perks also effect crossbows? I looked last night and it said bows.. but I wasn't sure it also effected crossbows or not. 

2) While trying to find answers myself to my #1 question above searching through this thread I ran into mention of a repeating crossbow. I remember that from valmod back in the day. :D I didn't think to check last night when I last played but is that in Darkness falls v18? How does it compare to the other crossbows like the compound crossbow?

 

My group just got some crafted compound crossbows and we're really enjoying them. Great sound effects, works with scopes and hit like a truck with steel arrows.. feels like I'm firing a ballista! The only thing better would be a repeating ballista. 😄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Possible new bug, the splint does not appear to have any impact on broken legs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kosh401 said:

Hm interesting, no radiators is something I was about to ask about as well.. we'll stick to wrenches and not ratchets and see if that helps

 

Air drops on the server - the aircraft sound only plays for 1 or 2 seconds and then cuts out, and there has been no sightings of any parachutes/smoke falling. Drop markers are turned off, but we did randomly come across one on the ground later so they are "spawning" but none of us have actually seen the plane or a drop falling from the sky yet (3 weeks in)

 

Generally I believe my dedicated server is performing much better and using less memory than A18 so that's nice (5 players)

 

We're having a great time, cheers for the update!

I know about the air drop thing, but dont know why it happens. It's an odd one.

But hey. They spawn. So I don't worry about it. ;)

24 minutes ago, ryeookin said:

Firstly,

KhaineGB you sir make an amazing mod!! Me and my friends send a big thank you for all your hard work. 😊

 

Secondly just wanted to ask two questions for A18 version of Darkness falls:

1) Does anyone know if the "robinhood" perks also effect crossbows? I looked last night and it said bows.. but I wasn't sure it also effected crossbows or not. 

2) While trying to find answers myself to my #1 question above searching through this thread I ran into mention of a repeating crossbow. I remember that from valmod back in the day. :D I didn't think to check last night when I last played but is that in Darkness falls v18? How does it compare to the other crossbows like the compound crossbow?

 

My group just got some crafted compound crossbows and we're really enjoying them. Great sound effects, works with scopes and hit like a truck with steel arrows.. feels like I'm firing a ballista! The only thing better would be a repeating ballista. 😄

1) Yes they do.

2) I actually had to remove the repeating crossbow in A18 because it broke REALLY badly.

4 minutes ago, trionicb said:

Possible new bug, the splint does not appear to have any impact on broken legs.

Not a bug. If you read the broken leg buff description, it would say it can only be healed by a CAST.

Sprain -> Cast or splint.
Broken -> CAST ONLY.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

I know they DO drop radiators because I tested it.

And my tester who previously wasn't getting radiators, batteries and engines ALSO tested it and got some.

So they absolutely drop.

You need to remember it's like a 30% chance to drop, for one SPECIFIC car stage, per "hit" with the item.

So the more powerful items (ratchet and impact driver) will be impacting your ability to get stuff  since they destroy blocks faster.

I got serverals radiators, engines and lot of batteries with wrench, but no wheels.... And "re-login" remove sprain debuff, but is good for me since i got 18hrs xD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, KhaineGB said:

Wheels come from tyres in the road. :)

Really? i always get polymers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KhaineGB said:

 

1) Yes they do.

2) I actually had to remove the repeating crossbow in A18 because it broke REALLY badly.

Not a bug. If you read the broken leg buff description, it would say it can only be healed by a CAST.
 

Ah ok. Thanks for the heads up and thank you for your time. 😄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@KhaineGB

Can we use the 'zombie reach' modlet from jaxteller with DF?  I searched and didn't find anything, my apologies if you already answered this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not quite sure where your alternative download links are to be honest i pressed f1 and nothing came up was also looking for a link for the mod launcher.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does difficulty add to the game stage? I’m on warrior and horde night 14 was insane, actually night 7 was crazy as well. Unfortunately the game decided to completely freeze on me a few times and I had to restart, not sure the cause since it never did this on A18, ran beautifully. Also, do quests ignore game stage as well? Day 15 I got totally owned on a tier 1 clear quest. Radiated cop feral soldiers and wights. I always play with 32x horde but had to change it down to 24 cause my i5 3570k was starting to melt. Haha. Its been good to me for the past 8 years but I think it’s time to move on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, liltriz said:

Not quite sure where your alternative download links are to be honest i pressed f1 and nothing came up was also looking for a link for the mod launcher.

 

Client (Git): https://gitlab.com/KhaineGB/darknessfallsa19client/-/archive/master/darknessfallsa19client-master.zip
Server (Git): https://gitlab.com/KhaineGB/darknessfallsa19server/-/archive/master/darknessfallsa19server-master.zip

 

Client (GDrive): https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GI3GtGK8iXAhvazHcfWpCU-QXjYGAQ-H/view?usp=sharing
Server (GDrive): https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZwJ7JFGj_EJ7BEjF8oUhxRVBh_j4MV2v/view?usp=sharing

 

Nexus (Both): https://www.nexusmods.com/7daystodie/mods/235?tab=files

 

14 minutes ago, LeonProfessional said:

Does difficulty add to the game stage? I’m on warrior and horde night 14 was insane, actually night 7 was crazy as well. Unfortunately the game decided to completely freeze on me a few times and I had to restart, not sure the cause since it never did this on A18, ran beautifully. Also, do quests ignore game stage as well? Day 15 I got totally owned on a tier 1 clear quest. Radiated cop feral soldiers and wights. I always play with 32x horde but had to change it down to 24 cause my i5 3570k was starting to melt. Haha. Its been good to me for the past 8 years but I think it’s time to move on.

Yep, difficulty boosts your GS. Just like it used to in A18. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

Good to know, however, I played A18 warrior, perma-death and I don’t remember it being this crazy. Also, well done on those spiders, they are better than the A18 ones and creepy as hell. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...