Jump to content
KhaineGB

Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

Recommended Posts

 

I don't use one, so no idea.

 

Putting the game onto steam as a non-steam game shouldn't screw things up. I've heard a few folks do that so it works with Big Picture mode.

 

Thanks for the quick answer! First time playing a mod and it seems awesome!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Big picture works with vanilla but for me it doesn’t with the mod, nor does it work for me in the other mod I’ve tried it in, shame as it limits my play session length

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you use the launcher and add the it as a non Steam game, then go into Big Picture mode, and UNCHECK the controller, it should work without being in Big Picture mode.

At least, that's what I have found, whilst using an XBOX type controller.

Which is good because BP mode is the worst thing ever...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can agree with that. I hate big picture mode.

My laptop has a shortcut hotkey SPECIFICALLY to put steam in big picture mode. Thankfully I don't hit it as much as I used to because it drove me mad. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone know why this crashes my dedicated server when i install it? I'm using GTX hosting and the server will randomly crash.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Not without the log file... no.

If it's GTX Gaming... I just had a look on their website.

They don't seem to offer the mod as an install option (just having a look at the config options) and I am PRETTY sure they don't allow the user to upload DLL files.

So i'll need the log file to know why it's crashing, but I'm willing to bet it's because you can't upload the DLL files the mod needs to run.

Edited by KhaineGB (see edit history)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm sorry for the inconvenience KhaineGB. I'm a little new when it comes to managing a server and adding mods.

3yXrvfa.png

GTX allows us to install the mod through the host site.

This is the server log file:

https://pastebin.com/31JSQLQG

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I really need help: I can't find Eve for the quest line ... where can I find her? Is there a specific location or coordinates?

I am on map DFsmall (1)

Edited by Hemfive (see edit history)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

GTX allows us to install the mod through the host site.

This is the server log file:

Log file has a LOT of Ravenhearst related stuff in it. So I think you need to nuke and reinstall.

I really need help: I can't find Eve for the quest line ... where can I find her? Is there a specific location or coordinates?

I am on map DFsmall (1)

Eve is a RANDOM spawn.

Just like zombies. She's just in the spawner list and can literally turn up anywhere in the burnt biome at any time. However, she does show on the map.

Edited by KhaineGB (see edit history)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wrote a while back about the POI's that were either risen or sunk. So far, I have only come across the 2 that I took a screenshot of, but I went in and changed the height on the prefab.xml list and it worked.

On line 163 I changed it to the following (it was showing as 43 before)

<decoration type="model" name="army_camp_03" position="-48,41,-3297" rotation="2" />

On line 2181 I changed it to the following (it was showing at 42 before)

<decoration type="model" name="settlement_trader_03" position="160,50,-2961" rotation="2" />

This put the POI's at the proper z axis but figured you may want the bits of code so you can update on your end. This is on the DF_large map. I did see a couple of other POI's that were off by 1 in that same city (one was the Police Building at the edge of the burnt biome), but didn't think they were bad enough to make enough of a fuss about to fix. If I come across any others that sunk or risen to high, I will let you know.

Not a game breaking thing, just a minor inconvenience as you have to kind of use frames to reach these POI's, but figured you may want to know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Much appreciated. Myth has been working on fixing up some of those issues in the worlds because we're updating the mod to compopack 43... slowly. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been playing with my girlfriend and I have been having a problem on both computers. When using the primitive bow or the compound bow, at some point it stops us from pulling up the alternate ammo list. Once it happens it can't be fixed even after closing and reopening. I noticed that on one computer it happened after running out of normal arrows and going to 0/0 and then holding R to switch didn't work. When this issue happens, I am still able to do alternate ammo for guns, so i know its not an issue with my computer/keyboard.

Another thing which is interesting and I'm just probing around is that when playing and hosting a server, pressing tab to go into your inventory can take quite awhile. Anyone else have this symptom? (my computer isn't the best, but i get a solid 50-60 frames except for the lag spike when opening inv).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Mrrlyn said:

Hello! How do you grow Mushroom? 

Same way as any other plant

6 hours ago, Kogar said:

Sorry about that logfile, this is the one where I tried to install DF.

https://pastebin.com/XgBY8jah

 

The server starts and I'm able to play for a few minutes, but then it just crashes.

I'm not seeing any error in the log, unfortunately.

3 hours ago, ColdSword said:

I've been playing with my girlfriend and I have been having a problem on both computers. When using the primitive bow or the compound bow, at some point it stops us from pulling up the alternate ammo list. Once it happens it can't be fixed even after closing and reopening. I noticed that on one computer it happened after running out of normal arrows and going to 0/0 and then holding R to switch didn't work. When this issue happens, I am still able to do alternate ammo for guns, so i know its not an issue with my computer/keyboard.

Another thing which is interesting and I'm just probing around is that when playing and hosting a server, pressing tab to go into your inventory can take quite awhile. Anyone else have this symptom? (my computer isn't the best, but i get a solid 50-60 frames except for the lag spike when opening inv).

The primative bow doesn't HAVE any alternate ammo. I buffed the base stats but made it use stone only. Not sure what's going on with the other bow, but it works fine on my PC (laptop, desktop and wife's PC)

And inventory lag is fairly normal due to all the extra recipes, especially on a server.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Geez, Khaine... you reply to everyone, huh?

Well... I have a question.

Can we maybe start an updated list of compatible mods? 

I know UVM (Ultimate Vehicle Mod) works except the progression (rank 4 and 5 of grease monkey) and hence some of the schematics can't be learned, but all of the vehicles spawn (assuming you haven't done a bunch of exploring before you load the mod) and upgrades work as well as basic upgrades, etc.

I know sorcery isn't working with A18 and he's holding out for A19 to push an update (per his posts) to make it work again

I tried running Firearms 2.0, but it had some serious issues with schematics and corrupted my character save, lol.  Which is why I'm looking for a "better" list of mods that work with DF A18.

Anyone running mods they like with DF that run seamlessly or can maybe give some pointers on how they get them to work?  DF pretty much does EVERYTHING, but adding some weapons and vehicles (especially fliers) would be great for a bit more variety post level 150ish.

Thanks for the awesome mod and sorry for the long post.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I just started adding mods to this mod, but I noticed that the exp popup is gone, this make it hard to balance certain mods. Is it a way I can restore exp popup from my actions?

Edited by xxx73 (see edit history)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

Same way as any other plant

So mushrooms need water?

And because they need dark you can't use rain cather, so only master farmer can grow mushrooms without manual irrigation?

I have mushrooms seeds planted underground both in farm plots or on dirt, and they remain seeds. Can you eplain please how to grow mushrooms efficently?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Bacon Overlord said:

Anyone running mods they like with DF that run seamlessly or can maybe give some pointers on how they get them to work?  DF pretty much does EVERYTHING, but adding some weapons and vehicles (especially fliers) would be great for a bit more variety post level 150ish.

I am using a few mods, for vehicles, Bdubs vehicles work for the most part, from what I remember in early A18.

For weps I am using War3zuks HD Weapons and Ammo, which has some quirks (could be due to a conflict with any of the modlets I am using or DF itself).

Long story short, the guns work, the ammo bench works, but the gun bench to build them limits you to level 1's only ( the work around I use is that since there is that limit, I would just spawn one in at the appropriate level of the normal guns I can build. Also, this mod uses the original weapon parts for repair kits, which DF has removed from the natural game (though can still be accessed in the creative menu) however, sometimes the added guns will show up with 0 durability, thereby making repair kits not needed anyways heh.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Bacon Overlord said:

Can we maybe start an updated list of compatible mods?

HDHQ Overhaul: Biome Packs and Modlets work. So does Lighting (updated for 18.4). The Textures, sadly, DO NOT.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there a way to randomize the starting location when using the premade maps?  I'm always starting in the same spot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Bacon Overlord said:

Geez, Khaine... you reply to everyone, huh?

Well... I have a question.

Can we maybe start an updated list of compatible mods? 

I know UVM (Ultimate Vehicle Mod) works except the progression (rank 4 and 5 of grease monkey) and hence some of the schematics can't be learned, but all of the vehicles spawn (assuming you haven't done a bunch of exploring before you load the mod) and upgrades work as well as basic upgrades, etc.

I know sorcery isn't working with A18 and he's holding out for A19 to push an update (per his posts) to make it work again

I tried running Firearms 2.0, but it had some serious issues with schematics and corrupted my character save, lol.  Which is why I'm looking for a "better" list of mods that work with DF A18.

Anyone running mods they like with DF that run seamlessly or can maybe give some pointers on how they get them to work?  DF pretty much does EVERYTHING, but adding some weapons and vehicles (especially fliers) would be great for a bit more variety post level 150ish.

Thanks for the awesome mod and sorry for the long post.

I do try to, yes. :)  The community is important AF, and you folks are pretty awesome. I mean, you play my nonsense...

The problem is i'd basically have to download every single mod, test it and see what happens. I don't mind trying out a few if folks ask, but testing everything would obviously be a tal order.

For the most part, getting stuff to work is just working out WHY it isn't compatible (usually appending to a skill that doesn't exist) and adjusting manually.

18 hours ago, xxx73 said:

I just started adding mods to this mod, but I noticed that the exp popup is gone, this make it hard to balance certain mods. Is it a way I can restore exp popup from my actions?

7 Days to Die/Mods/0-SphereIICore/Config/blocks.xml

Find this.

<property name="DisableXPIconNotification" value="true" />

Set to false.

16 hours ago, Hemfive said:

So mushrooms need water?

And because they need dark you can't use rain cather, so only master farmer can grow mushrooms without manual irrigation?

I have mushrooms seeds planted underground both in farm plots or on dirt, and they remain seeds. Can you eplain please how to grow mushrooms efficently?

Yes they need water. Mushrooms DO NOT need to be in the dark. They just have a light level MINIMUM requirement of 0.

So plant them above ground.

3 hours ago, Jaythomas said:

Is there a way to randomize the starting location when using the premade maps?  I'm always starting in the same spot.

Believe it or not, start location is actually based on game name.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Pra3t0r 0f R0m3 said:

I am using a few mods, for vehicles, Bdubs vehicles work for the most part, from what I remember in early A18.

For weps I am using War3zuks HD Weapons and Ammo, which has some quirks (could be due to a conflict with any of the modlets I am using or DF itself).

Long story short, the guns work, the ammo bench works, but the gun bench to build them limits you to level 1's only ( the work around I use is that since there is that limit, I would just spawn one in at the appropriate level of the normal guns I can build. Also, this mod uses the original weapon parts for repair kits, which DF has removed from the natural game (though can still be accessed in the creative menu) however, sometimes the added guns will show up with 0 durability, thereby making repair kits not needed anyways heh.

 

Do the weapons get added to the loot tables ok?  I couldn't care less if people can make them, finding them is far more fun IMHO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Bacon Overlord said:

 

Do the weapons get added to the loot tables ok?  I couldn't care less if people can make them, finding them is far more fun IMHO.

That would sort of break part of the mod. Otherwise why would he add all the gun parts back in if you're just going to loot all the guns easily. In vanilla when there was parts, I would never have looted parts if not for the combine feature. One of my favorite things about 7D2D is looting. Having to find all the parts makes looting more fun, just like trying to complete full book series.

Plus I believe it will also break all the progression he put into his mod.

Otherwise its pretty easy to change it in xml's. If you care about balancing the loot, might be more time consuming for you.

Please dont ask him to change what he thinks should be in game, or what other people enjoy having to do the way he set it up.

Sorry this was so long. This is probably the longest post I have written.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, Dethar said:

That would sort of break part of the mod. Otherwise why would he add all the gun parts back in if you're just going to loot all the guns easily. In vanilla when there was parts, I would never have looted parts if not for the combine feature. One of my favorite things about 7D2D is looting. Having to find all the parts makes looting more fun, just like trying to complete full book series.

Plus I believe it will also break all the progression he put into his mod.

Otherwise its pretty easy to change it in xml's. If you care about balancing the loot, might be more time consuming for you.

Please dont ask him to change what he thinks should be in game, or what other people enjoy having to do the way he set it up.

Sorry this was so long. This is probably the longest post I have written.

What are you talking about?

 

We're talking about War3zuk's HD weapons and ammo.

 

Are you?  :)

 

Thanks for the response though.

Edited by Bacon Overlord (see edit history)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...