Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

Guys, its an unwritten rule about this mod that you do not reveal where the bunkers are, its part of the mystery in the mod to find them on your own, the bunkers and what you find in there are the endgame of the mod and having that spoiled for you kinda ruins the whole thing.

the maps are not that big and you already know in what biome they spawn.

Do yourself a favor and search for them yourself, having people post cords and/or pictures to exactly where they are ruins the mod for you.

My post ONLY asked for a clue... I DID NOT ask for any specifics. I also specified that I had spent several days and about 20 hours searching. I don't think I was asking for anything unreasonable with that amount of effort searching. A 10k map may not be large to you, but it is large to me and I bet to many others as well. Besides, it is not up to you whether information "ruins" game play for anybody. That is very subjective. For me, spending a 24 hours (spent four additional yesterday) searching is ruining DF game play for me... Oh, "unwritten rule"? Then where did you learn about this "rule?" WTF, if it is unwritten then how can a person know about it? Osmosis?

Edited by Windman (see edit history)

Actually that's intended.

People were complaining that, as a laborer, they were buying perks they didn't need (like steel tools). Therefore the requirements for some perks are "No Laborer Class." When you take the class, it locks you out of the perk.

HOWEVER.

I managed to build in a "reset" system if you take laborer at a later date. So any perks you would be locked out of are immediately reset on reading the laborer book (but before accepting the quest) and you get the appropriate amount of points back. :)

So that means you can just finish up your laborer quest, then buy up Advanced Engineering and Hammer and Forge to level 5 and technically don't lose anything.

;)

Haven't noticed the points refund. Nice job ;)

My post ONLY asked for a clue... I DID NOT ask for any specifics. I also specified that I had spent several days and about 20 hours searching. I don't think I was asking for anything unreasonable with that amount of effort searching. A 10k map may not be large to you, but it is large to me and I bet to many others as well. Besides, it is not up to you whether information "ruins" game play for anybody. That is very subjective. For me, spending a 24 hours (spent four additional yesterday) searching is ruining DF game play for me... Oh, "unwritten rule"? Then where did you learn about this "rule?" WTF, if it is unwritten then how can a person know about it? Osmosis?

Ok so my post was not directed towards you it was more to everybody posting here if i wanted to speak to you i would have quoted you so you know i am talking to you kinda makes sense right? mkay.

Of course it is subjective but i am just sharing my own experience from playing this mod for a very long time and i dont want people to get the game spoiled, it happend to me and i regret it a ton so i am just trying to help others to not do the same misstake, this mod is very unique in that it has an actual "endgame" no other mod or the base game has this.

Unwritten rule is a saying, most people understand what it means but you clearly do not, i learned about this from reading in this forum and on discord what the mod author and other people are answering when this question pops up.

Anyone got tips on mass producing electrical parts? 1 EC takes a heck of a lotta ductape and EP

I don't believe there is a way to mass produce. I look for buildings that have silver/gray control boxes (not sure what they are called) and the green conduit on the walls. I just auger all of those things and typically can get 1-2k in a building with many of the boxes and conduits. Doesn't take much time. HTH

Guys, its an unwritten rule about this mod that you do not reveal where the bunkers are, its part of the mystery in the mod to find them on your own, the bunkers and what you find in there are the endgame of the mod and having that spoiled for you kinda ruins the whole thing.

the maps are not that big and you already know in what biome they spawn.

Do yourself a favor and search for them yourself, having people post cords and/or pictures to exactly where they are ruins the mod for you.

I played this mod on alpha 17 a lot. On my first run I didn’t know anything about the bunker and I would probably never found one without reading about them in discord. Most people don’t have the goal to discover all the black shadow from the map in their playthrough, if they just live in the forest like me and visit other biomes only for farming they will never discover the bunker.

Caitlin has a mission for the small bunker but why should a normal player who just farm at the edge of wasteland to burnt ever be able to find her on a normal playthrough without to know there is a Caitlin? There is no need to discover all wasteland to farm titanium. Most people who never heard about bunker or Caitlin will never see them.

I can understand people who are asking for hints or coords for bunker after searching for them for days. There is no fun to search for a small well.

I played this mod on alpha 17 a lot. On my first run I didn’t know anything about the bunker and I would probably never found one without reading about them in discord. Most people don’t have the goal to discover all the black shadow from the map in their playthrough, if they just live in the forest like me and visit other biomes only for farming they will never discover the bunker.

Caitlin has a mission for the small bunker but why should a normal player who just farm at the edge of wasteland to burnt ever be able to find her on a normal playthrough without to know there is a Caitlin? There is no need to discover all wasteland to farm titanium. Most people who never heard about bunker or Caitlin will never see them.

I can understand people who are asking for hints or coords for bunker after searching for them for days. There is no fun to search for a small well.

Well, when i start playing a new mod i read what the mod does, and if i kill a zed and get a strange keycard i lookup what it does without looking for exact cords to the place, But hey thats just me i dont know how other people play mods, maybe they just install them randomly without reading anything about them.

Well, when i start playing a new mod i read what the mod does, and if i kill a zed and get a strange keycard i lookup what it does without looking for exact cords to the place, But hey thats just me i dont know how other people play mods, maybe they just install them randomly without reading anything about them.

Well thats my only negative point with this very good mod. You have to heard or read about the bunker to be able to find them, of course you can find them random but 99% of people would never find them.

On my second playthrough without to know where the big bunker is I randomly found a row of tents in wasteland I looted everything and I went away. Without to know there is something more I would be never able to find it. AND everyone who were there know what I mean.

Well said! Thank you. I've dedicated nearly 30 hours in my search. Until you mentioned Caitlin, I had never heard of her/him. Today ends my search. And with that, the mod DF. I'm maxed out in everything except tech (of course). I've built a huge base and a huge farm, survived insane mode blood-moons, and am officially bored. I thought Dark Souls was difficult. This mod is only difficult in terms of the unreasonable (IMHO) time it takes to search for the bunkers and requisite red key cards. Also, I spent several hours yesterday, and about four this morning raiding Army bases (in the Army we no longer call them posts) is search of red key cards. ATM, I have 61 blue and 13 green... not a single red. So, the mod was awesome until this point. Good luck to all in their search. Big kudos to those who have discovered the bunker(s) and red key cards!

Well, when i start playing a new mod i read what the mod does,

I wanted to play the mod (not started yet) and read the long description here in the OP. I can't remember one word about finding bunkers, keycards or somebody called Caitlin. Where did you read about them?

The only reason i know them is because i red this thread. And i red this thread because i had questions on using this mod with nitrogen... which was answered as "don't do it", because that ♥♥♥♥s up the placement of exactly these bunkers. :D

But from basic game design there should be a story (line) that points you to the bunkers. Maybe not a like a trader quest that gives you a mark on the map (maybe like the burried supplies quests but of course with a much bigger radius?). But maybe a quest like an NPC (Caitlin) telling you about she heard about a bunker which should be hidden under a row of tents. And Caitlin herself maybe found by another quest to rescue her (maybe from a trader?).

If there is just a single person and some hidden bunkers anywhere on the map and nothing ingame points you to that, not even something telling you "look out for a single person in the wasteland"... , i would only find them by accident, so most probably never.

Even if i wonder what these keycards are for and never find the correct door for the key.

Since i tend to not read long texts from found notes, this should also give you (me) an entry in the quest log...

I repeat, i haven't played it yet. Maybe the mod does some of the stuff like i said. But from what i red the discussions here, it doesn't.

Ok so my post was not directed towards you it was more to everybody posting here if i wanted to speak to you i would have quoted you so you know i am talking to you kinda makes sense right? mkay.

Of course it is subjective but i am just sharing my own experience from playing this mod for a very long time and i dont want people to get the game spoiled, it happend to me and i regret it a ton so i am just trying to help others to not do the same misstake, this mod is very unique in that it has an actual "endgame" no other mod or the base game has this.

Unwritten rule is a saying, most people understand what it means but you clearly do not, i learned about this from reading in this forum and on discord what the mod author and other people are answering when this question pops up.

The Colony Founder told me where he creates the bunker... Perhaps you should advise him/her of this "unwritten rule." BTW, if you read about this rule in a forum, isn't that "written?" An unwritten rule is neither written nor spoken. It is tacit.

I wanted to play the mod (not started yet) and read the long description here in the OP. I can't remember one word about finding bunkers, keycards or somebody called Caitlin. Where did you read about them?

The only reason i know them is because i red this thread. And i red this thread because i had questions on using this mod with nitrogen... which was answered as "don't do it", because that ♥♥♥♥s up the placement of exactly these bunkers. :D

But from basic game design there should be a story (line) that points you to the bunkers. Maybe not a like a trader quest that gives you a mark on the map (maybe like the burried supplies quests but of course with a much bigger radius?). But maybe a quest like an NPC (Caitlin) telling you about she heard about a bunker which should be hidden under a row of tents. And Caitlin herself maybe found by another quest to rescue her (maybe from a trader?).

If there is just a single person and some hidden bunkers anywhere on the map and nothing ingame points you to that, not even something telling you "look out for a single person in the wasteland"... , i would only find them by accident, so most probably never.

Even if i wonder what these keycards are for and never find the correct door for the key.

Since i tend to not read long texts from found notes, this should also give you (me) an entry in the quest log...

I repeat, i haven't played it yet. Maybe the mod does some of the stuff like i said. But from what i red the discussions here, it doesn't.

I used Nitrogen to create my map, but never heard about it messing up the placement of bunkers. Do you recall where you read this? If it is true, perhaps it is why I haven't been able to find the tech bunker...

I used Nitrogen to create my map, but never heard about it messing up the placement of bunkers. Do you recall where you read this? If it is true, perhaps it is why I haven't been able to find the tech bunker...

Nitrogen doesn't respect the biome restricitions of the poi placement. So when using nitrogen it's not guaranteed that the small bunker is in the burnt forest and the big bunker is in the wasteland. Both can be in any biome so litereally everywhere on the map (perhaps not even spawned at all?).

That was the answer from Khaine and he answered and warned about that multiple times during the last days/weeks in this thread. Just look at the previous pages of this thread and search for "nitrogen".

Maybe he should edit this into the OP description. ;)

Of course this might be fixed in newer versions of nitrogen. But afaik atm it is not.

Edited by Liesel Weppen (see edit history)

Nitrogen doesn't respect the biome restricitions of the poi placement. So when using nitrogen it's not guaranteed that the small bunker is in the burnt forest and the big bunker is in the wasteland. Both can be in any biome so litereally everywhere on the map (perhaps not even spawned at all?).

That was the answer from Khaine and he answered and warned about that multiple times during the last days/weeks in this thread. Just look at the previous pages of this thread and search for "nitrogen".

Maybe he should edit this into the OP description. ;)

Of course this might be fixed in newer versions of nitrogen. But afaik atm it is not.

Wow... Thank you for this disheartening info. lol. Damn. This morning I looked through the XML, but didn't find a clue. Only one file contained info on Caitlin, trader id 2 and 6. No coordinates, though. Nothing about bunkers, wells, etc. Not sure what those are called in the XML. File contains about 4900 coordinates... Time to move on. Thanks again.

is the husbandry thing broke in a18 stable we have tried to set out several animals and they disappear i have out the food box and water box and set several bails of hay out and the animals still disappear are we doing something wrong or is it broken?

If anyone can help. What's the deal with mushrooms in A18. I've tried putting them in a cave, near a water source on a farm plot but they remain in the growing stage forever. Tips are welcome :)

Just "hoe" the dirt or creaft farm plot,place mushroom on it then place water source ( rain catcher is good ) little from muschroom

For my friend u can set 5x5 farm plot and place rain-catcher 1 block from last farmplot on the side of this 5x5 and u are good

What does the modxpnerf mod do....and what exactly do you put it in? There is no description at all

"Reduces XP gained from mining by 50%. Useful for players who wish to control their gamestage."

there is description on it, you put it in miningtools, pickaxes/auger maybe the axe/shovel aswell.

"Reduces XP gained from mining by 50%. Useful for players who wish to control their gamestage."

there is description on it, you put it in miningtools, pickaxes/auger maybe the axe/shovel aswell.

No description for me on the recipe or after making it. Guess I got a lemon. Thanks for the info.

Security mastery unlocked, level 50, all that stuff. Can't craft any of the stuff it says that the skill unlocks. Trying to do it in the workbench where it says to, then everywhere else when that doesn't work. It all shows up "Perk" everywhere instead of showing it's craftable. I know I'm missing something, but I don't know what. Any advice is appreciated. Thank you!

Im having issue with reloading a bow. When i hold down R it doesnt do anything. Also i have a mining helmet on and F doesnt work to turn it on. Any helf would be great!

VagabondClown said:

Did you double check your key bindings? Those are usually the defaults but maybe they got changed? Thata all I know to try. Sorry if you already did.

Oh. Also, did it run out of ammo and/or are you trying to change types? Does the radial menu come up showing the different types? If so, you have to click on the one you want with the mouse to get it to load it.

Sorry again if you know all this. I'm not trying to sound like you don't. I just don't know how new you are to the game.

Edited by VagabondClown (see edit history)