Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

Hey Khaine! First of all thanks for the great mod!

Can you maybe tell me the name of the spiders in the xmls? I would really like to disable them spawning entirely. I met 2 until now, and I have serious arachnophobia and I get sweaty hands and slight panic seeing them in game - that probably sounds about right bc it makes me terrified of an enemy in a horror-survival game - but belive me, it's a really unpleasant experience and would like to turn them off... Thanks!

Best

Preak

Check last 2 pages or so.

Compound Bow is working absolutely fine locally at T6 and T8. We had a suspicion there might be an issue and then found it was related to the difficulty level.

But base damage, without mods, is working fine.

If you're using a modlet that changes weapons to have different damage based on tier, that might be why.

Weird. I just tested it again, and this time they are the same stats. I built three of them just to be sure it was not some random issue a few days ago. Well at least it reminded me to build a steel crossbow which I am now addicted to.

I am playing 2.11 and checked the loot.xml to see where the Laser Multi-Tool is hiding, but it is not in there. Is this a rare trader item or in a specific bunker? Also, am I mis-reading the requirements to make the laser work table requiring a laser work table with a laser multi-tool?

Cheers!

Edited by FM2009 (see edit history)

Hi spereii I am using a generic ps4 style controller in Big Picture Mode I have it set to xbox controller settings which works with all my other games including base 7DTD. Your launcher has an icon on my desk top I use to open it. I actually do not use big picture mode to play.

Heya,

Can you no longer pick up Workbenches/Forge etc etc with holding down "e"?

Should be able to if you have a claim block. I didnt mess with that.

Hi there Khaine. I am really enjoying your mod for 7d2d and I think we all should be thankful to people like you who put alot of hard work and dedication into mods otherwise we would be restricted to just what the developer wants us to play. LOL Anyways, I have a question. I have been trying to find a way to make the inventory icons bigger. At their current setting they are to small for me. I have tried finding the xml or configuration file to adjust their size without any luck. Could you please assist me in changing this? As much as I love the mod its hard for me to play like this. This is the screen of the current icons.

Darkness-Falls-Image.jpg

BTW Its funny you called this mod Darkness Falls. That has been one of my game usernames for years. lol :)

I THINK it's in XUi/controls.xml, specifically the bit starting df_backpack_item_stack.

I'm gonna look at moving the UI around a little to make that larger.

What are the SDX mods you are using in this mod? I want to rebuild the dll library and add my own mods.

Also your translation files have some parsing errors and is not able to process by DMT.

You can't because some of them are my own personal ones that I haven't released to the public.

Current build list is...

AnimationSDX - Sphereii

Block Spawn Entity - Mine

CCTV - 308

EmuEntityAlive - TormentedEmu

EmuGuiManager - TormentedEmu

Hal's Display Case - HAL9000

Hal's Custom Journal Entries - HAL9000

Item Action Connect Power SDX - Mine

MortePlantGrowing - Morte (A14 code updated to A17 by me)

Nests Mod - SDX Team (A14 code updated to A17 with help from sphereii by me)

Powered Doors and Hatches - 308

SDX Elevator - 308

SDX Buffs - Sphereii

SDX Dialogue - Sphereii

SDX EAITasks - Sphereii

SDX EntityAliveSDX - Sphereii

SDX ItemActions - Sphereii

SDX Quests - Sphereii

SDX SpawnFromEntityGroup - Sphereii

Sphereii entity player - sphereii

Sphereii mod localization hack - sphereii

Sphereii Remove XP notification - sphereii

Sphereii Wandering Traders -sphereii

Sphereii Entity Hook - sphereii

Sphereii Mod Loader - sphereii

Sphereii Unlock Health Bar - sphereii

Usable Watch - Mine and sphereii

Zombie NRE Hacks - Mine

Plus all my custom code to increase wandering horde gamestage to 5000, add extra item tiers and increase party size that I added to the DLL by hand. So you can't recompile the mod with DMT and preserve all of it's features.

Hey Khaine! First of all thanks for the great mod!

Can you maybe tell me the name of the spiders in the xmls? I would really like to disable them spawning entirely. I met 2 until now, and I have serious arachnophobia and I get sweaty hands and slight panic seeing them in game - that probably sounds about right bc it makes me terrified of an enemy in a horror-survival game - but belive me, it's a really unpleasant experience and would like to turn them off... Thanks!

Best

Preak

Open entitygroups.xml and find animalSpider. Remove all instances. Done.

Weird. I just tested it again, and this time they are the same stats. I built three of them just to be sure it was not some random issue a few days ago. Well at least it reminded me to build a steel crossbow which I am now addicted to.

I am playing 2.11 and checked the loot.xml to see where the Laser Multi-Tool is hiding, but it is not in there. Is this a rare trader item or in a specific bunker? Also, am I mis-reading the requirements to make the laser work table requiring a laser work table with a laser multi-tool?

Cheers!

It's called DFscifiAIOT. :) And yes, those requirements are correct and intended. You need to find a large bunker.

Should be able to if you have a claim block. I didnt mess with that.

I THINK it's in XUi/controls.xml, specifically the bit starting df_backpack_item_stack.

I'm gonna look at moving the UI around a little to make that larger.

You can't because some of them are my own personal ones that I haven't released to the public.

Current build list is...

AnimationSDX - Sphereii

Block Spawn Entity - Mine

CCTV - 308

EmuEntityAlive - TormentedEmu

EmuGuiManager - TormentedEmu

Hal's Display Case - HAL9000

Hal's Custom Journal Entries - HAL9000

Item Action Connect Power SDX - Mine

MortePlantGrowing - Morte (A14 code updated to A17 by me)

Nests Mod - SDX Team (A14 code updated to A17 with help from sphereii by me)

Powered Doors and Hatches - 308

SDX Elevator - 308

SDX Buffs - Sphereii

SDX Dialogue - Sphereii

SDX EAITasks - Sphereii

SDX EntityAliveSDX - Sphereii

SDX ItemActions - Sphereii

SDX Quests - Sphereii

SDX SpawnFromEntityGroup - Sphereii

Sphereii entity player - sphereii

Sphereii mod localization hack - sphereii

Sphereii Remove XP notification - sphereii

Sphereii Wandering Traders -sphereii

Sphereii Entity Hook - sphereii

Sphereii Mod Loader - sphereii

Sphereii Unlock Health Bar - sphereii

Usable Watch - Mine and sphereii

Zombie NRE Hacks - Mine

Plus all my custom code to increase wandering horde gamestage to 5000, add extra item tiers and increase party size that I added to the DLL by hand. So you can't recompile the mod with DMT and preserve all of it's features.

Open entitygroups.xml and find animalSpider. Remove all instances. Done.

It's called DFscifiAIOT. :) And yes, those requirements are correct and intended. You need to find a large bunker.

Doh, was the claim block.

I fired up an 16k RWG on my server. I went all over the map and didn't see a trader. Got the 0.0KM for the trader quest at teh start. That probably should have been a tell tale sign :/ I went back to my 2.1 build for now.

The one thing I have not found yet is the Wasteland bunker in DF-Medium. I feel like I'm making progress and boom, land mine :<

I fired up an 16k RWG on my server. I went all over the map and didn't see a trader. Got the 0.0KM for the trader quest at teh start. That probably should have been a tell tale sign :/ I went back to my 2.1 build for now.

The one thing I have not found yet is the Wasteland bunker in DF-Medium. I feel like I'm making progress and boom, land mine :<

Them landmines are stealthy little buggers... :D

That MIGHT be spiders spawning... maybe. Will need to double check.

Don't take my words 100%,but seriously i can't shake the feeling i am loosing some fps,with previous version my play in forests was kinda smooth,but now i notice bit more lag/stutter,it's like my system can't even handle more zombies around me,

but i really need to test more to be sure(maybe it's my systems fault),anyway one thing is absolutely clear that i never seen 40fps in game,that happens only if reflections enabled.

By the way,really nice spiders :) i was expecting to meet some stupid spiderlings,but no,those are huge :D

Did not progresed very far in game,but are there any armor that protects you from death when stepping slowly right on a mine?

People who play with "delete all items on death" they are such a pain :(:D

Yeah and they don't do that much damage on zombies weirdly

Firstly... We are LOVING the mod. It is very evident that a lot of time and effort have gone into this, and our community has truly enjoyed the experience. Now, to the question:

The elevators and awesome, but is there any way to change the keybinds for the elevator, either for just some individuals or for our server? We have a couple people with a particular gaming keyboard that does not have a 10-key keypad, and don't have any Function (Fn key) options to send those keystrokes. They even tried using an on-screen keyboard, but that only works when the game is in windowed mode, and it is very time-consuming and awkward to the point the elevators lose any benefit for them. I realize that this isn't a bug or glitch, and the vast majority of folks have a number keypad, but the affected folks are really great members of the community, and I would like to help them with this issue, if I can.

Thank you so much for giving this well-made mod to the community!

-TSForrest

On a separate note... On or Darkness Falls server, we used a random gen map, instead of one of the maps custom-created or modified for Darkness Falls. I just wanted to verify that the mod-specific POI's should be somewhere in the map? We found the Caitlin trader, but we have searched and searched for the bunkers, with no joy, so far. It's a big map, so we still could have easily missed or not yet explored where they are located. I intentionally tried to avoid learning too much about certain aspects of the mod, hoping to discover things through experience, but now I just want to learn more, so I can keep things as fun and exciting as possible for the players and viewers. I would love to find a good source of how-to information (any wiki-like source?), and detailed info about the perks, classes, and new recipes/items/stations added or DF. I have read a lot in these forum posts, and watched a few "let's plays" of DF on youtube, but if anyone would like to suggest any good videos, sites, or other sources to find that info, it would be tremendously appreciated!

Once again, thank you for all you time, effort, and expertise! We are thoroughly enjoying your awesome mod!

-TSForrest

I believe there is no wasteland bunker in DF-Medium because I could not find it.

I believe there is no wasteland bunker in DF-Medium because I could not find it.

I'm in the same boat, I mean, jeep. I found the burnt forest one pretty easily. Wasteland I'm going cross eyed. My biggest issue is, there are three wastelands. Oh and mines.

Edited by Barroom- (see edit history)

Don't take my words 100%,but seriously i can't shake the feeling i am loosing some fps,with previous version my play in forests was kinda smooth,but now i notice bit more lag/stutter,it's like my system can't even handle more zombies around me,

but i really need to test more to be sure(maybe it's my systems fault),anyway one thing is absolutely clear that i never seen 40fps in game,that happens only if reflections enabled.

By the way,really nice spiders :) i was expecting to meet some stupid spiderlings,but no,those are huge :D

I think I forgot to give the spider a load block, which would be why there's occasional frame dips.

Firstly... We are LOVING the mod. It is very evident that a lot of time and effort have gone into this, and our community has truly enjoyed the experience. Now, to the question:

The elevators and awesome, but is there any way to change the keybinds for the elevator, either for just some individuals or for our server? We have a couple people with a particular gaming keyboard that does not have a 10-key keypad, and don't have any Function (Fn key) options to send those keystrokes. They even tried using an on-screen keyboard, but that only works when the game is in windowed mode, and it is very time-consuming and awkward to the point the elevators lose any benefit for them. I realize that this isn't a bug or glitch, and the vast majority of folks have a number keypad, but the affected folks are really great members of the community, and I would like to help them with this issue, if I can.

Thank you so much for giving this well-made mod to the community!

-TSForrest

Nope. Not possible to change the keys because it's actually defined in the DLL patch I use to get them working. So that'd be something 308 needs to change. :)

On a separate note... On or Darkness Falls server, we used a random gen map, instead of one of the maps custom-created or modified for Darkness Falls. I just wanted to verify that the mod-specific POI's should be somewhere in the map? We found the Caitlin trader, but we have searched and searched for the bunkers, with no joy, so far. It's a big map, so we still could have easily missed or not yet explored where they are located. I intentionally tried to avoid learning too much about certain aspects of the mod, hoping to discover things through experience, but now I just want to learn more, so I can keep things as fun and exciting as possible for the players and viewers. I would love to find a good source of how-to information (any wiki-like source?), and detailed info about the perks, classes, and new recipes/items/stations added or DF. I have read a lot in these forum posts, and watched a few "let's plays" of DF on youtube, but if anyone would like to suggest any good videos, sites, or other sources to find that info, it would be tremendously appreciated!

Once again, thank you for all you time, effort, and expertise! We are thoroughly enjoying your awesome mod!

-TSForrest

They SHOULD spawn, but it's RWG... so they also might not.

I think there is a typo in xml for weapon ammo, i.e. "ammo44MagnumBulletAP" It should be HP instead of AP. You can make hollowpoint ammo but no AP?-ammo

Yep, I derped. Already fixed locally. :)

Yes there is.

<decoration type="model" name="DFalls_Resarch_Lab1" position="-4865,14,4197" rotation="2" />
   <decoration type="model" name="DFalls_Resarch_Lab1" position="5358,19,-5412" rotation="3" />

@KhaineGB

Remember the old "cobwebs" block ? With your spiders i think you could make use of it. Like a cavern of such thing. I would never go there but my wife would lol

Also can the spider only spawn on the wild or also during quests ? Because i saw a tall building with bears at the top so i was wondering about other "animals" ?

@KhaineGB

Remember the old "cobwebs" block ? With your spiders i think you could make use of it. Like a cavern of such thing. I would never go there but my wife would lol

Also can the spider only spawn on the wild or also during quests ? Because i saw a tall building with bears at the top so i was wondering about other "animals" ?

That block still exists. That's a good idea. Cave-type wilderness POI. :)

Only in the wild. I did NOT add them to the sleeper spawn list.

That block still exists. That's a good idea. Cave-type wilderness POI. :)

Only in the wild. I did NOT add them to the sleeper spawn list.

If i knew how to do it i would help but i never trying modding in 7DTD so i can only give ideas.

Hey Khaine I love the mod and I've played it since alpha 16. However i'm getting a strange stutter every 10 seconds or so when moving around, in inventory, or just standing still. Its killed me a few times because the whole game locks up for about half a second then goes back to my normal 60fps. Any ideas? (Doesn't happen in vanalla and i've cleaned out the mod and reinstalled fresh.)

Yes there is.

<decoration type="model" name="DFalls_Resarch_Lab1" position="-4865,14,4197" rotation="2" />
   <decoration type="model" name="DFalls_Resarch_Lab1" position="5358,19,-5412" rotation="3" />

Man. I was driving around looking for "Tents". It's the super store (we call it cheatville). I was avoiding it because of all the loot. So you are saying that somewhere in here is a laser workbench?

This mod is unplayable. I get killed, I respawn on my bed, get killed again, respawn on my bed and guess what? I get killed again right on my bed even before I can move. I am already playing on lowest difficulty because I am new to this mod and I thought I will give it a try. What the hell? This is not fun...

Man. I was driving around looking for "Tents". It's the super store (we call it cheatville). I was avoiding it because of all the loot. So you are saying that somewhere in here is a laser workbench?

It is tents. You probably got the co-ords the wrong way around because those co-ordinates are the opposite way around to what's displayed on the map (pretty sure the first is east/west, second is north/south)

This mod is unplayable. I get killed, I respawn on my bed, get killed again, respawn on my bed and guess what? I get killed again right on my bed even before I can move. I am already playing on lowest difficulty because I am new to this mod and I thought I will give it a try. What the hell? This is not fun...

Congrats on being the only person with that complaint.

It's not unplayable. The game itself LOVES to front-load it's night spawns on day 1. So put down your bed and then find somewhere to hide not near your bed.

Congrats on being the only person with that complaint.

It's not unplayable. The game itself LOVES to front-load it's night spawns on day 1. So put down your bed and then find somewhere to hide not near your bed.

Well, I watched some let's play videos but didn't want to watch too much because I wanted to try it myself not really knowing what to do, because I like things that way. But from what I've seen in those videos, my game seems to be 10000 times harder. I don't get it. No matter where I go, I'm always surrounded by super overpowered enemies on fire that always kill me with two hits of flying fireballs. This is during the day time, not night time. Night time itself so far has been the same if not even harder mostly because I can't see anything and the first thing I see is fire and then it's too late to even move. I managed to get inside the house after getting killed at least 5000 times in a row and they found me there too and killed me. Again, I can't see anything because it's already too dark, so it's pretty useless to try to hide too. Getting respawned gets me killed too, that's why it's unplayable for me.