Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
TechieZero

TechieZero

11 hours ago, Addie79 said:

I am very new at this myself  , but I had the same issue and it was my firewall blocking the mod. once I turned it off it worked perfectly 

If it hasn't been suggested before. Do this.

Uninstall 7D2D

Delete the contents and directory of \SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die

Install a vanilla copy of 7D2D

copy the contents of \SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die somewhere else.

Download the Client install on page 1 of this thread.

Extract the contents of that zip file and copy it into the folder where your copy is. If you don't get a windows replace files warning --- you are doing it wrong. The zip file has the same folder structure of where it should be. You will see the same directory names in the extracted file that are present in your copy of 7D2D.

Double click on 7DaysToDie.exe to run the game. It should work.

I run a standalone server for my friends and I. Its not neccessary --- but there are some good advantages to that one of which is performance and not relying on someones machine to be running the game.

Good luck.

TechieZero

TechieZero

I am very new at this myself  , but I had the same issue and it was my firewall blocking the mod. once I turned it off it worked perfectly 

Uninstall 7D2D

Delete the contents and directory of \SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die

copy the contents of D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die somewhere else.

Extract the contents of that zip file and copy it into the folder where your copy is. If you don't get a windows replace files warning --- you are doing it wrong. The zip file has the same folder structure of where it should be. You will see the same directory names in the extracted file that are present in your copy of 7D2D.

I run a standalone server for my friends and I. Its not neccessary --- but there are some good advantages to that one of which is performance and not relying on someones machine to be running the game.

Good luck.

TechieZero

TechieZero

Uninstall 7D2D

copy the contents of D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die somewhere else.

I run a standalone server for my friends and I. Its not neccessary --- but there are some good advantages to that one f which is performance and not relying on someones machine to be running the game.

Good luck.