Exporting model from older alpha to import into current alpha

KhaineGB

I have a feeling I'm missing something obvious here, so hoping someone more knowledgable (or sensible) might know what I need to do.

I want to put the old hornet back into A16. I've got A14 on my laptop and I think I exported the files correctly with UABE. I've got 3 of them, a mesh, a texture and a material. But they're also very small in size and DAT files... which I can't import into unity.

So... I'm not sure where to go from here. Can I just modify the A16 resource file to put them back in or do I need to load them via SDX?

EDIT: Just to update this, I used a different extractor and got quite a few more files, but still not sure what I have to do with them (4 textures, 2 materials, 7 animations and what I assume is the model file, but it ends with .43)

Use uabe's plugin feature to export to obj. But, if you have the files you say you have, then it's pretty easy. The biggest gets are the mesh and texture. The animations are easy(ish) to recreate in unity. If you get the mesh in an importable format lemme know.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and yeh, It'll be sdx.

Aha! I didn't think to look under plugins, so thank you so much for that.

I've now got the mesh as an OBJ file (which works in the windows 10 3d viewer), the texture for the hornet and the texture for it's wings as tga files. I still have the animations as .ani files from the other extractor, so that should save me some time.

Archived