Trees, stumps and logs.

mrsquish

Something I think would make the forest areas look a bit more realistic, is that tree's fall over and trees have roots!. It would be great if the tree model started on top of a stump in the ground. The stump would also have roots which meant that if you dug underneith you would see the roots protruding into your underground base. When you cut down a tree, the stump remains! It would then take a lot of effort to destroy the stump. Also, I think that when you cut down a tree, it should bloody fall over! And you need to hack at it a bit more to turn it into logs and sticks!. This would also lend itself to having fallen over trees in the environment already that you could hack at for logs and sticks.

Personally I think its fine the way it is. The stuff you describe sounds something like what "The Forest" does. We already have to hack a fair bit with a fireaxe to bring a tree down. Having to hack it down then hack it even more just to get individual logs would be too time consuming. If anything, what I'd like to see is that the number of hacks required corresponds to the size of the tree and thus number of logs we get. For example, it takes about 8 chops to fell a fully grown maple tree which gives us 7 wood logs. But it requires the same amount of chops to fell a smaller maple tree which gives us just 3 wood logs. This doesn't really add up nor make sense though. The smaller tree which yields just 3 wood logs should probably take just 4 chops since it is smaller and has a lesser yield.

[QUOTE=Euzio;136114]Personally I think its fine the way it is. The stuff you describe sounds something like what "The Forest" does. We already have to hack a fair bit with a fireaxe to bring a tree down. Having to hack it down then hack it even more just to get individual logs would be too time consuming. [/QUOTE] In "The Forest" the chopped down tree just breaks up into logs you pick up but I get wher you're coming from. I guess where I'm coming from is more on the look and feel aspect rather than how many hacks. I just think that the forests would look more realistic with fallen over trees here and there and roots protruding from cliffs and river banks, and stumps from where other players have chopped down trees. [QUOTE=Euzio;136114] If anything, what I'd like to see is that the number of hacks required corresponds to the size of the tree and thus number of logs we get. For example, it takes about 8 chops to fell a fully grown maple tree which gives us 7 wood logs. But it requires the same amount of chops to fell a smaller maple tree which gives us just 3 wood logs. This doesn't really add up nor make sense though. The smaller tree which yields just 3 wood logs should probably take just 4 chops since it is smaller and has a lesser yield.[/QUOTE] Agreed.

Archived