Map seed.......

Kameron1869

What others have said will work. There is a specific thread for seeds. Look into that, but to also help save you time here are a few I know of off hand. These are case sensitive too.

I am typing them out with name then in parentheses some info about it. So just type the name.

- what (8 towns, 7 traders)

- Valencia (11 towns, 1 hub, 11 traders)

- StarvationFan (9 towns, 2 hubs, 8 traders)

- BeQuickOrBeDead (12 towns, 1 hub, 6 traders)

Hope it helps. If you want more, look into the Seed thread.

-Krow

On a somewhat related note, I've been trying to figure out the rhyme and reason for why seeds spawn as they do, with limited success and without scouring the forums too much.

For example, naming a seed "DarkSouls" seems to spawn a larger % of graveyards and small churches (example, several of the towns I discovered had 3 graveyards and 2-3 churches each, along with larger graveyards in higher numbers than I was used to seeing). Another seed, "MessiahComplex" seemed to spawn the really large churches in the wilds (i didn't play it long, but there were several along a single stretch just off the road rather close together, etc). The biomes seemed to be decent enough. I'd say play around with keywords and see if something random works, if you're not interesting in playing maps like Valencia or the others.

I don't really do multiplayer on either console (mostly bc of a lack of people that are friends that play, etc), so not sure about seeds for that specific gametype or if there's a difference at all.

Seeds Sticky

To help those that might see this in the future and to help keep information in one location. I just posted in the sticky "Seeds" and gathered all the mentioned seeds in one area. If you are looking for seeds I'd suggest you go there. That post is on page 17 if it continues to grow. But even better, chim in about your current seed. Here is the link: https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?43847-Seeds

I don't really do multiplayer on either console (mostly bc of a lack of people that are friends that play, etc), so not sure about seeds for that specific gametype or if there's a difference at all.

There's no difference between seeds created on single player and multiplayer games.

Wait the random maps are created based on what is in the name?

Yup. So for example if you name your map "cornholio" & continue to use that name everytime you generate a random gen world, you should get the same map every time.

So get creative with your seed names to get different maps 👍

Archived