"That moment"

Clauticus

[QUOTE=Red Eagle LXIX;37245]That moment you finish reading a long post from someone whom has obviously (and admittedly) not read what things have been covered in other posts, but has also not even bothered to read the Core Features or Stretch Goals because everything they suggest is covered in those.[/QUOTE] lolol THAT section of this forum is a vehicle of fustration... Stay away Red Eagle, it has a tenancy to make your brain twist and your toe nails itch :>

Right now I'm savoring that moment when you get home after working all day, pour a glass of Wild Turkey and put a pizza in the oven. [QUOTE=Red Eagle LXIX;37245]That moment you finish reading a long post from someone whom has obviously (and admittedly) not read what things have been covered in other posts, but has also not even bothered to read the Core Features or Stretch Goals because everything they suggest is covered in those.[/QUOTE] To be fair, this information is hard to find if you are just finding out about the game. The website doesn't have an "About" page or even a single paragraph explaining the game. I had to do some googling myself to find the Kickstarter goals, and even that is kind of hard to find now that it's archived (and that's only if you even know there was a KS in the first place). And you certainly can't expect everyone to read everything on the forums, most people don't have the time or inclination to do so (which is why you only see hard core forumites whining about this kind of thing). Feedback is feedback even if it's repeating other people's feedback. To phrase it another way... feedback is helpful for the developers to gauge the community's opinions on the game. The whole community, not just dedicated fans who spend time here on the forums. You can't force people to read the whole suggestions subforum before they post, and most of those people come to simply state their thoughts and suggestions and then leave. Would you rather discourage them from posting anything at all and thus depriving the developers of valuable feedback?

That moment when someone posts another electricity/vehicles suggestion, and you can clearly see that they made the account just then purely so they could post it. [QUOTE=brostoevsky;37261]To be fair, this information is hard to find if you are just finding out about the game. The website doesn't have an "About" page or even a single paragraph explaining the game.[/QUOTE] There is a [URL="http://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?1879-For-newer-people-here-is-our-Kickstarter-stretch-goals-list"]kickstarter goals list[/URL] on the suggestions thread

I know, I'm just saying it's not very easy to find. Your average internet user or gamer doesn't care much about forums and most people would expect to see that information in a really obvious place on the website not buried in the forum somewhere. A lot of people don't have as much experience with forums as some people do and they don't always think of that sort of thing. Just saying it's nice to give people the benefit of the doubt because more feedback is better than less feedback. [QUOTE=Clauticus;37280]That moment when someone posts another electricity/vehicles suggestion, and you can clearly see that they made the account just then purely so they could post it.[/QUOTE] That moment when holier than thou forum regulars think that posting "same old same old" and a smarmy image macro in response to said thread is somehow MORE constructive than the well composed and thought out suggestions in the OP even if they have been suggested before ;) good on you for editing your post after I called you out on it though!

[QUOTE=brostoevsky;37287]That moment when holier than thou forum regulars think that posting "same old same old" and a smarmy image macro in response to said thread is somehow MORE constructive than the well composed and thought out suggestions in the OP even if they have been suggested before ;) good on you for editing your post after I called you out on it though![/QUOTE] Fair enough, but you are basically asking me to repeat myself about subjects that I already addressed months ago. By the way, I wouldn't edit the post if I could, there is virtually no point. [QUOTE=brostoevsky;37287]I know, I'm just saying it's not very easy to find. Your average internet user or gamer doesn't care much about forums and most people would expect to see that information in a really obvious place on the website not [B]buried in the forum somewhere[/B].[/QUOTE] Its a sticky on the top of the page One last thing, just a disclaimer: sorry if I sound bossy or appear incandescent with rage at times (I'm really not), I'm just tired of all these repeated ideas flooding the forums.

[QUOTE=Clauticus;37289]Fair enough, but you are basically asking me to repeat myself about subjects that I already addressed months ago. By the way, I wouldn't edit the post if I could, there is virtually no point.[/QUOTE] You did edit the post... your first response was "same old same old" and an image macro, neither of which contributed even the slightest thing to the discussion. I gave your post a negative rep point and said as much, and after that you edited it to include stuff to the effect of "these have been posted before and here's a link to the KS stretch goals" in an attempt to legitimize your post. Not that I really care, I just figured if you're gonna be passive aggressive in this thread you could stand to take a little too :p I've spent a LOT of time on forums in my life (and run a bunch of them too) so I totally get where you're coming from being irritated by stuff like that, but it's good to remember to cut people a little slack. Especially since the thread in question was actually a long, well thought out and well expressed list of suggestions presented in a very polite and well-reasoned way - seems like you could have chosen a better person to come down on (like any one of the single sentence "ADD MOAR STUFF AND VEHICLES AND AIRPLANES AND MICROWAVE OVENS" type suggestion threads by hit and run one time posters). That moment when you played 7DTD for the first time and realized how compelling and immersive it was :D

[QUOTE=Martial-Law;37291]It's already starting... I predict a riot/meltdown in the next 24 hours...[/QUOTE] "Talking to yourself again Gram?" I'm telling you people, soon Martial will be [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Fn36l_z3WY"][COLOR="#FFF0F5"]singing about the nice young men in their clean white coats[/COLOR][/URL]. [COLOR="silver"][SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE][/COLOR] [QUOTE=brostoevsky;37292]You did edit the post... your first response was "same old same old" and an image macro, neither of which contributed even the slightest thing to the discussion. I gave your post a negative rep point and said as much, and after that you edited it to include stuff to the effect of "these have been posted before and here's a link to the KS stretch goals" in an attempt to legitimize your post.[/QUOTE] I added that in before I saw your response

[QUOTE=brostoevsky;37292]You did edit the post... your first response was "same old same old" and an image macro, neither of which contributed even the slightest thing to the discussion. I gave your post a negative rep point and said as much, and after that you edited it to include stuff to the effect of "these have been posted before and here's a link to the KS stretch goals" in an attempt to legitimize your post. Not that I really care, I just figured if you're gonna be passive aggressive in this thread you could stand to take a little too :p I've spent a LOT of time on forums in my life (and run a bunch of them too) so I totally get where you're coming from being irritated by stuff like that, but it's good to remember to cut people a little slack. Especially since the thread in question was actually a long, well thought out and well expressed list of suggestions presented in a very polite and well-reasoned way - seems like you could have chosen a better person to come down on (like any one of the single sentence "ADD MOAR STUFF AND VEHICLES AND AIRPLANES AND MICROWAVE OVENS" type suggestion threads by hit and run one time posters. That moment when you played 7DTD for the first time and realized how compelling and immersive it was :D[/QUOTE] You are right in your responses brostoevsky. Understanding, patience and humility are always the winning strategy. However, It gets very fustrating when the same thing, day in and day out, is continually repeated and regurgitated. For months now... Whats more frustrating to me, is all this wasted energy put into the section. This energy could be better utilized in something more productive. i.e discussing finer points of "guaranteed" new ideas or maybe a genuine "new idea". Without definitive guidelines from the developers as to what will be included and how it will be included or perhaps a generalized list of acknowledged ideas, everything else just descends into hot air. I've seen soo many fantastic ideas which have just blown away in the wind... It's sad and demoralizing at the same time :<

I honestly think half of the problem is that people are bored while waiting for A7. The other half is that nobody seems to know what "search" means. Alright, we all overlook something at some point, but at least some of us bother searching first. That moment when you realise you're turning 30 in less than 2 months :scared::jaw::faint2:

Well put Martial Law, I do understand where you all are coming from, I guess I'm just a bit more patient (or at least well weathered since I've moderated a bunch of large forums and this kind of thing happens everywhere). I don't think there's anything wrong with gentle rebuke or reminding the people to use search or that their ideas have already been discussed in other topics, I just think it's important to be welcoming and understanding of new people who maybe aren't as familiar with the community or forum as the regulars. [QUOTE=LimeyRon;37304]That moment when you realise you're turning 30 in less than 2 months :scared::jaw::faint2:[/QUOTE] I turn 25 in April and I'm getting increasingly alarmed by the rate at which I'm aging (physically... mentally I'm still about 16 ha) That moment when you read about Republicans trashing net neutrality in favor of giving broadband providers more power to screw over the consumer and compromise the freedom of the internet and have to exhale to keep your head from exploding.

[QUOTE=brostoevsky;37306]I turn 25 in April and I'm getting increasingly alarmed by the rate at which I'm aging (physically... mentally I'm still about 16 ha)[/QUOTE] Not just me then :p [QUOTE=brostoevsky;37306]That moment when you read about Republicans trashing net neutrality in favor of giving broadband providers more power to screw over the consumer and compromise the freedom of the internet and have to exhale to keep your head from exploding.[/QUOTE] Stay out of it, trust me. If you get more involved than signing some petitions, you'll be bald before you know it. This whole issue will escalate until we don't even have a voice anymore. That moment when you sit down a bit too quickly and squash the plums :censored:

[QUOTE=LimeyRon;37304]That moment when you realise you're turning 30 in less than 2 months :scared::jaw::faint2:[/QUOTE] [QUOTE=brostoevsky;37306]I turn 25 in April and I'm getting increasingly alarmed by the rate at which I'm aging (physically... mentally I'm still about 16 ha)[/QUOTE] That moment you start feeling old because relatively young people are talking about feeling old.

Archived