Electric fence

Walrus-I-Am

[QUOTE=madmole;115518]... One last word on electricity is that it shouldn't be viewed as wireless. Its just that the player won't be doing the wiring. TFP feels that its too granular and more of a construction sim feature than a survival feature. We already spend a lot of time building our bases we feel it would be more fun to just place the switches and electrical devices, and assume we did the wiring too. Games are an abstraction of reality and we only want the rewarding/fun/challenging parts. ...[/QUOTE] [QUOTE=madmole;110905]We will have electric lights at some point, torches will be for early game cavemen.[/QUOTE] [QUOTE=madmole;86546]After crashes and we're done breaking save games. Then comes electricity, fire, vehicles and other core features. Maybe this fall? ...[/QUOTE] I couldn't find a direct Official reference to generators, so perhaps I inferred it. But electricity none the less.

ah, assuming they develop some type of electrical supply system i'm sure it could be done. Infact i'm thinking of traps and damage types. The next step i'm working on will be different damage types, including a D.O.T. fire damage, im not positive, but it may be possible to set up an "electric" fence by hooking up a mine base code and a few other codes snippets together causing a slowing effect and a bit of damage as well however it may destroy the fence in the process... it may be workable as it stands but i wont be able to explore much with it for a few days as it stand unless the rest of the stuff i'm working on breezes by. maybe set up a new item with a generic wire fence model and tweak the recipe a bit to require a car battery or something and have each segment slow and damage an entity that contacts it.

Archived