UI Mod Help

Numberz

Hi,

I'm looking to modify the default grey color scheme of the UI but I'm running into issues with some of the lists which are displayed in game. For instance, the Crafting List, Waypoint List, and Active Buff List all seem to be hard coded to display grey as the background color for all items in the list, regardless of what is defined in the corresponding control item.

As an example, the following code in the controls.xml defines the Crafting List:

<recipe_entry>
	<rect height="43" style="press, hover, scroll" controller="RecipeEntry" disabled_font_color="[disabledLabelColor]" enabled_font_color="[labelColor]" sound="[recipe_click]" >
		<sprite depth="2" name="backgroundMain" sprite="menu_empty3px" pos="-3,3" width="396" height="49" color="[borderColor]" type="sliced" fillcenter="false" />
		<sprite depth="3" name="background" width="100%" height="45" pos="0,1" color="[[color="#FF0000"]darkBackground[/color]]" type="sliced" />
		<sprite depth="4" name="Icon" atlas="ItemIconAtlas" sprite="{recipeicon}" color="{recipeicontint}" size="52,38" pos="8,-3" foregroundlayer="true"/>
		<label depth="4" name="Name" pos="195,-19" width="250" height="30" text="{recipename}" font_size="28" color="{hasingredientsstatecolor}" justify="center" pivot="center"/>
		<sprite depth="5" name="Favorite" sprite="server_favorite" size="14,14" pos="6,-4" visible="{isfavorite}" foregroundlayer="true"/>
		<sprite depth="4" name="Unlocked" sprite="{unlockicon}" size="24,24" pos="352,-10" visible="{isunlockable}" color="{unlockstatecolor}" foregroundlayer="true" />
	</rect>
</recipe_entry>

Alpha_16.4_2017-12-31_20-18-09.jpg.6ac2818222bbaf27a962986c483ea436.jpg

As you can see from the image, the Crafting List displays grey regardless of the color that I try to set. Also, the hover color and selection color are also different from what I have defined.

Just wondering if anyone has had any success in modifying this without resorting to using a new Texture image as a background and rewriting the recipe_entry?

Hoping that I am just missing something obvious... :)

TIA

Yes, it is possible to change, but only by editing .dll.

I've done this in my mod and can show You where it is, if You are ready to dig .dll :)

PS: there are no problems - only exchange constants.

Tell me - did You experience edit .dll? That i in vain did not write something like "first you must deobfuscate..." and so on, or i could just show the place where You can find these constants. But, in any case - i'm willing to explain it step by step.

I was expecting that this was going to come down to a DLL edit. ;)

Thank you for your offer but this wasn't really a serious project. I was just tinkering with different color schemes out of curiosity.

Thanks n2n1.

I will always be happy to help You !

Archived