[A16] Merry ComSens - A 7 Days to Die Winter Project Mod

sphereii

I don't understand can I turn off or not? If I can how would I do it? This is my only complaint the mod is awesome, love the immersion.

Thanks

In the Mod Launcher, there's a WinterProject and WinterProject-NoNightmares. The WinterProject-NoNightmares has the night time creatures gone, plus their sounds :)

Hey SphereII - with the update not generating skyscrapers in towns anymore, is this going to require a map reset?

I think the only real building I noticed causing lag was the apartment building. The higashi building and building site seem alright, only when I look directly at the apartment it seems to go a bit wonky :)

Hey SphereII - with the update not generating skyscrapers in towns anymore, is this going to require a map reset?

I think the only real building I noticed causing lag was the apartment building. The higashi building and building site seem alright, only when I look directly at the apartment it seems to go a bit wonky :)

I think the POIs are kind of hit or miss. I didn't have an issue with the apartments or sky scrapers on my computer, but others did. If we know the name of those buildings, I can remove them too.

I think a new world would be necessary for the new rwgmixer to be used. Otherwise, you'll still get the skyscrappers.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wow. That town lag is no joke. There is one of those mid-sized apartment complexes or hotels near me, and looking in it's direction causes the game to slow to a crawl. Doesn't seem to be going away either. I think it might be trying to collapse...

Might want to remove those from the prefabs, as they are a major drain.

Wow. That town lag is no joke. There is one of those mid-sized apartment complexes or hotels near me, and looking in it's direction causes the game to slow to a crawl. Doesn't seem to be going away either. I think it might be trying to collapse...

Might want to remove those from the prefabs, as they are a major drain.

It's very likely to be snowFill doing calculations to see if it can survive or not. There'd be a lot of snowFill blocks in the hotel, and they have to clear themselves out.

maybe consider altering the snowfill blocks sphere so it doesnt cause as much lagg as i do like the mod but cant play it due to too much lagg on a crappy pc and upgrading said pc isnt an option :(

Altering how?

I've done all the optimizations I can to it. This is just one of the unfortunate "it is what it is" restrictions we need to work with. You could modify the mixer so that there's less than 12 meters of snow to help some, if it's a struggle.

Is it possible to only calculate snowfill once and not recalculate it every few seconds?

On a side note - not all POIs properly shifted by Yoffset-12. And overly deep POIs (ex: silo) has their basements filled with rocks because of CopyAirBlocks = false.

While trying to correct Y offset using more complex script I've discovered the rock fill problem and think one of the youtubers found that as well.

Is it possible to only calculate snowfill once and not recalculate it every few seconds?

On a side note - not all POIs properly shifted by Yoffset-12. And overly deep POIs (ex: silo) has their basements filled with rocks because of CopyAirBlocks = false.

While trying to correct Y offset using more complex script I've discovered the rock fill problem and think one of the youtubers found that as well.

The lag is from turning the snowFill to Air, not the light check. This is why the lag calms down as you slow down, giving the engine enough time to finishing the adjusting. Larger buildings, of course, results in more blocks turning into air.

The POIs XMLs were adjusted via a crude script, and I know I missed some of them.

Right. What I mean is the game does it every 5 seconds. Not sure if there is a way to make it do it only once.

Should only do it on chunk load. When the chunk gets unloaded and re-saved, it's saving the air blocks, not filling it back with snowFill.

• 1 month later...
Hey all. New to this mod and I'm extremely interested in what it has to offer. Does anyone have any good tips and tricks they can share for surviving? Id appreciate any and all help I can get. :):strawberry:

I wish you good luck in your journey!

1) Find shelter

2) Avoid going out at night.

3) keep anything edible.. including rotting flesh.. you may need it

4) Collect every resource religiously that you have taken for granted in the past: wood, stone, grass

5) Some zombies look very interesting. If they look interesting, keep your distance and go the other way

6) Do not finish your starter quests until you've found a 'home'.

That's way more information than what people typically have when they start :)

• 2 weeks later...

Great Mod sphereii, my wife and I have played it for awhile as my system being the host, but to help with the lag I rented a public server, moved all the 7DaysToDieServer_Data to the 7DaysToDieServer_Data/managed folder. but when I log on to the server I get "Block with name 'smowFill' not found. How do I fix that on the server side?

Great Mod sphereii, my wife and I have played it for awhile as my system being the host, but to help with the lag I rented a public server, moved all the 7DaysToDieServer_Data to the 7DaysToDieServer_Data/managed folder. but when I log on to the server I get "Block with name 'smowFill' not found. How do I fix that on the server side?

You will also need to deploy the Data and Mods folder to the dedi server as well. And the mod will still need to be installed locally.

Hmmm ok I still seem to have an issue. When I try to log into the server I get "Server is still initializing, Please try back in a few minutes" the server has been up for 9 hours. what might be the problem?

Archived