[A16] Merry ComSens - A 7 Days to Die Winter Project Mod

sphereii

If the launcher is giving you an error, it could be because 7daystodie.exe is still running. You can check in Task Manager

You could try to bring down the console and type in "dm" (without quotes), and "killall" and see if it kills off the bad entity.

Will give that a go... cheers muchly :)

Few more bugs

Got the same issue with nullref:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
 at AnimationSDX.HasValidAnimation (System.String strAnimation) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
 at AnimationSDX.HasValidAnimationAndEnabled (System.String strAnimation) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
 at AnimationSDX.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Was able to exit the game and load it again, same problem. Before killall'ing everything did 'le' - there was only wolf and BlackStantaX. Killall killed those 2 and nullref errors stopped. Looking at the complete log I could see this:

SDX: Could not find bundle named 'BlackSantaX'
2017-12-24T10:25:01 35.874 ERR Could not load file 'Entities/#BlackSantaX?BlackSanta_X'

Few more things:

- The bunker house is not snow covered.

- One of the open parking places is only 1 block under snow.

- Might want to change stack size of bottled water to at least 250. Since I can't make murky water in a camp fire it makes it difficult to mass-produce glue.

- Some houses are floating in the air. Where it looks like should be snow it "melted". Had snow "melt" when I covered top side with some blocks.

- Water towers and outdoor pools still have water.

Regardless of these small issues, still loving the mod! Awesome job! Now with more mobility on a minibike can really appreciate how things look different, especially at night.

Got the same issue with nullref:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
 at AnimationSDX.HasValidAnimation (System.String strAnimation) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
 at AnimationSDX.HasValidAnimationAndEnabled (System.String strAnimation) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
 at AnimationSDX.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Was able to exit the game and load it again, same problem. Before killall'ing everything did 'le' - there was only wolf and BlackStantaX. Killall killed those 2 and nullref errors stopped. Looking at the complete log I could see this:

SDX: Could not find bundle named 'BlackSantaX'
2017-12-24T10:25:01 35.874 ERR Could not load file 'Entities/#BlackSantaX?BlackSanta_X'

Few more things:

- The bunker house is not snow covered.

- One of the open parking places is only 1 block under snow.

- Might want to change stack size of bottled water to at least 250. Since I can't make murky water in a camp fire it makes it difficult to mass-produce glue.

- Some houses are floating in the air. Where it looks like should be snow it "melted". Had snow "melt" when I covered top side with some blocks.

- Water towers and outdoor pools still have water.

Regardless of these small issues, still loving the mod! Awesome job! Now with more mobility on a minibike can really appreciate how things look different, especially at night.

Today, my friends, we have gathered together to mourn the loss of our beloved blackSanta. He broke new ground in terms of combining an entity with another entity (zombie with a hat), and with its unique animations, he has endeared himself in the hearts and minds of all. But with all things, he came to his natural conclusion in life.

We hope and pray that his family will continue to honour his memory by pushing the boundaries and continuing his ground breaking research.

* Update - Removed blackSanta from the spawning Group.

Thank you for your feed back. Those are all great points. I'm not sure why some of the POIs have different offsets. We were going to change the water to ice, but it was inconsistent behaviour at best.

I'm glad you are enjoying the mod

Merry Christmas to everyone!

Looks like something broke between December 19 and last version. I can't seem to start new world - game errors out with nullref at 65% world generation. Seed "Hunter01".

I can still load the game I started on Dec 19 and play it.

Merry Christmas to everyone!

Looks like something broke between December 19 and last version. I can't seem to start new world - game errors out with nullref at 65% world generation. Seed "Hunter01".

I can still load the game I started on Dec 19 and play it.

I am so sorry about that. I updated the rwgmixer.xml. New worlds can now be safely generated.

This is so awesome, thanks so much for a great change of pace. Been playing Starvation, WotW, and Undead Legacy, all very much fun. This changes so much (at least visually and likely my game play--still on day 2). This is my first experience with ComSenMod or anything season-related (Valoween?). Got a question: is it possible to kill those flying ghosts or the nature demigod that spawns from a dead deer/elk? I must have put 10 hunting rifle bullets in the head of that flying ghost... it is still floating around my town. As for that nature abomination mad at me for killing a deer/elk, well, I put about 30-40 stone arrows in its head (and another 30 or so in the shoulder/chest)... never dropped him once. Merely had to run away after using all my arrows. Was I wasting my time? I'm upset I wasted all my bullets on the ghost and all my arrows on the other one... resources are so rare!!

Oh, and are all the traders missing? I made it to my trader, and of course it was covered with snow. Was able to dig into the lootable area and get a pot... did not have the time (VERY hungry) to dig the rest of it out to see if a trader was living elsewhere.

Again, LOADS of fun so far... likely will not live much past day 3 as food is nearly out and I can't risk killing any of the deers/elks.

This is so awesome, thanks so much for a great change of pace. Been playing Starvation, WotW, and Undead Legacy, all very much fun. This changes so much (at least visually and likely my game play--still on day 2). This is my first experience with ComSenMod or anything season-related (Valoween?). Got a question: is it possible to kill those flying ghosts or the nature demigod that spawns from a dead deer/elk? I must have put 10 hunting rifle bullets in the head of that flying ghost... it is still floating around my town. As for that nature abomination mad at me for killing a deer/elk, well, I put about 30-40 stone arrows in its head (and another 30 or so in the shoulder/chest)... never dropped him once. Merely had to run away after using all my arrows. Was I wasting my time? I'm upset I wasted all my bullets on the ghost and all my arrows on the other one... resources are so rare!!

Oh, and are all the traders missing? I made it to my trader, and of course it was covered with snow. Was able to dig into the lootable area and get a pot... did not have the time (VERY hungry) to dig the rest of it out to see if a trader was living elsewhere.

Again, LOADS of fun so far... likely will not live much past day 3 as food is nearly out and I can't risk killing any of the deers/elks.

Glad you are enjoying the mod!

They are most definitely killable.... I just wouldn't recommend doing it on Day 2. They are very healthy, but everything in the world can and will die.

And yes! Traders are still in the world, and are open for business! You'll just have to give them a hand by digging them out =D

I've been busy and this release kind of flew under my radar, but it's been fun watching people play it. It's interesting how a decision I made to include dirt fragments and plant fibers in trash - to represent grass clippings and other yard waste, and generally include less valuable, more 'trashy' things in trash - ends up being kind of a big deal when there's no grass or dirt as far as the eye can see! I'm also still glad I overhauled all the insulation values, even if I haven't been able to fully 'fix the weather' in a broader sense.

For the avoidance of doubt, nothing in this mod beyond the ComSenMod base was my doing. However if people have any comments/feedback on the ComSenMod part of things, I do hope you'll share them over in ComSenMod's thread. Thanks sphereii for honoring my request to reference ComSenMod in the name of this mod, and thanks overall for a cool mod. Merry ComSens (and sphereii's mod launcher for that matter) have been a good thing for players, for ComSenMod, and for other modders. :first:

Glad you are enjoying the mod!

They are most definitely killable.... I just wouldn't recommend doing it on Day 2. They are very healthy, but everything in the world can and will die.

And yes! Traders are still in the world, and are open for business! You'll just have to give them a hand by digging them out =D

Thanks for the tip!!! Found the trader, made me so happy. Thought to myself, might as well dig to find out if I can use the workbench... and got a massive surprise (seriously, gift wrapping :upset:?) Cried for a few minutes, pulled myself together, and made the freezing trek back to my hovel. Should survive until day 5 now (water sorted out, food a bit scarce). Just need to find me some clay... no idea where to look... just digging randomly on the under-surface... no luck yet. Running out of time. Can't even begin to think about what the heck I'm gonna do for the horde night. Might just start digging down now... :(

Thanks for the tip!!! Found the trader, made me so happy. Thought to myself, might as well dig to find out if I can use the workbench... and got a massive surprise (seriously, gift wrapping :upset:?) Cried for a few minutes, pulled myself together, and made the freezing trek back to my hovel. Should survive until day 5 now (water sorted out, food a bit scarce). Just need to find me some clay... no idea where to look... just digging randomly on the under-surface... no luck yet. Running out of time. Can't even begin to think about what the heck I'm gonna do for the horde night. Might just start digging down now... :(

The clay is definitely there too :) Don't over think it :) If you have to dig 12 meters of snow straight down to find the ground, then you may be doing it the hard ware :) Find a POI and dig out the front / back door :)

The clay is definitely there too :) Don't over think it :) If you have to dig 12 meters of snow straight down to find the ground, then you may be doing it the hard ware :) Find a POI and dig out the front / back door :)

Yep, that's what I have been doing... no luck so far with the first two houses (only did a few blocks out the front and back doors to the Coranado sp? buildings). Still trying to get my "visuals" in line with this new look... not "seeing" the ground too well under all that snow.

Gonna log in now, and try to spend the first few hours of day 5 looking for clay so I can make my forge and some iron... wish me luck!

I've been busy and this release kind of flew under my radar, but it's been fun watching people play it. It's interesting how a decision I made to include dirt fragments and plant fibers in trash - to represent grass clippings and other yard waste, and generally include less valuable, more 'trashy' things in trash - ends up being kind of a big deal when there's no grass or dirt as far as the eye can see! I'm also still glad I overhauled all the insulation values, even if I haven't been able to fully 'fix the weather' in a broader sense.

For the avoidance of doubt, nothing in this mod beyond the ComSenMod base was my doing. However if people have any comments/feedback on the ComSenMod part of things, I do hope you'll share them over in ComSenMod's thread. Thanks sphereii for honoring my request to reference ComSenMod in the name of this mod, and thanks overall for a cool mod. Merry ComSens (and sphereii's mod launcher for that matter) have been a good thing for players, for ComSenMod, and for other modders. :first:

Thank you for the kind words. I'm also enjoying watching people play and try to tame the world.

The best part is hearing and seeing them panic about their missing torch, after they make their campfire :)

its a great mod sphere id love to play it but its too laggy for my system is there anyway you can reduce the lagg at all? coz this is the first and only mod thats actually terrified me

The lag is the result of the snowFill block that covers the world and the outside of the POIs. Using regular snow would fill up all the houses, and it'd be a digging simulator. Despite my efforts, I was not able to reduce the lag completely, but it's definitely the source.

Aside from lowering your View Distance, I'm not sure if there's anything I can suggest further.

If you are enjoying the atmosphere, you may find some entertainment in the Valoween mod.

For me there hasn't been a ton of lag, but in a big city I had a big drop in frame rate. From 180-190 down to 30-40. This was in a specific area of the city. Most other parts of the city I got 60-70. But outside the city it seems to run very well. I'll try reducing my View Distance and see what happens. Thanks for the tip Sphereii.

Thank you for the kind words. I'm also enjoying watching people play and try to tame the world.

The best part is hearing and seeing them panic about their missing torch, after they make their campfire :)

Second best part..

Starting a plant fiber farm =D

Uggh, okay, restart #5 about to start. This is a TOUGHT mod for "dead is dead". Still have not made it past day 5 yet... though some are my fault. Last attempt I was sitting pretty, sorta. Had food and water, and spawned in a spot with two forge homes right near my trader. One had a working forge (the other a gift wrapping station). Found a tiny vein of clay, and knocked down cobblestone walls for the rest. Only problem was there were NO other POIs or towns near me. Ventured out on day 5 with all my supplies, looking for a new home. Found what looked like a great town, and on the outskirts, got cocky and tried to loot a corpse as a lumberjack was running toward me. Spazzed out trying to wear my new corpse shades... fumbled on the keys, got stun locked and died.

Oh well, crying is over, new world #5 coming up.

Still no idea how I will survive the horde without my cobblestone poles. Gotta think this through... if I ever make it to day 7. Maybe turn down the difficulty to warrior... though that's not really my problem.

Again, thanks all for this mod, so much fun for a guy from Florida that never sees snow... getting my fill through this mod.

Uggh, okay, restart #5 about to start. This is a TOUGHT mod for "dead is dead". Still have not made it past day 5 yet... though some are my fault. Last attempt I was sitting pretty, sorta. Had food and water, and spawned in a spot with two forge homes right near my trader. One had a working forge (the other a gift wrapping station). Found a tiny vein of clay, and knocked down cobblestone walls for the rest. Only problem was there were NO other POIs or towns near me. Ventured out on day 5 with all my supplies, looking for a new home. Found what looked like a great town, and on the outskirts, got cocky and tried to loot a corpse as a lumberjack was running toward me. Spazzed out trying to wear my new corpse shades... fumbled on the keys, got stun locked and died.

Oh well, crying is over, new world #5 coming up.

Still no idea how I will survive the horde without my cobblestone poles. Gotta think this through... if I ever make it to day 7. Maybe turn down the difficulty to warrior... though that's not really my problem.

Again, thanks all for this mod, so much fun for a guy from Florida that never sees snow... getting my fill through this mod.

There's very little room for error in this mod :) Glad you are enjoying it.

"It is possible to commit no errors and still lose. That is not a weakness... that is life."

Archived