How to change Score board stats e.g. Kills/Death's etc

skinbogaming

Hi there,

I am a server admin and after messing around my friend managed to die and he won't play because his score is messed up over an unfair death.

I know the file to change it (.tpp) in the save folder but it comes up with very confusing text and I can't find what I am looking for.

Is their an easier way to look at it and then change the values ?

• 2 weeks later...
Check here: https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?39919-7DaysProfileEditor&p=769140#post769140

Also, the line changes so it is not bound to 00000E50. If you know the character deaths, kills and score you can easily locate it if you follow my example in the link.

When you do find the line, how do you actually change it ?. Sorry but I don't really know how to use hex editor but I'm pretty sure I found the right line

• 1 year later...

Hi!

I just wanted to know if you know how to change the stats of 7 days to die in version b240. My friend killed me accidentally and it's just annoying! Or maybe, do you know if I can go one day ago or something like that? Because I just closed the game when I died because I was so much angry. I have my HxD program and I searched inside the file the deaths and the stats and I can't find them :(

Install a server mod. They let you do this. Check out CPM by cataclysm

I tried catalysm but my server doesn't work with that because I am using hamachi connection and I am starting server from inside the game... So, do you have another idea?

Thanks stasis78

Hi!

I just wanted to know if you know how to change the stats of 7 days to die in version b240. My friend killed me accidentally and it's just annoying! Or maybe, do you know if I can go one day ago or something like that? Because I just closed the game when I died because I was so much angry. I have my HxD program and I searched inside the file the deaths and the stats and I can't find them :(

Yes, player stats are saved in the .tpp file. How did you search for the stats? If you convert the number of zombie kills into Hex and then search for it in the .tpp file you should find it. The number of deaths is just a few collums to the right of it.

And dont forget to make a backup before changing anything. :smile:

Yes, player stats are saved in the .tpp file. How did you search for the stats? If you convert the number of zombie kills into Hex and then search for it in the .tpp file you should find it. The number of deaths is just a few collums to the right of it.

And dont forget to make a backup before changing anything. :smile:

Sorry for being noob in computer knowledge, but how do I convert the number of zombie kills into Hex? And what is Hex? I just opened the .ttp file with HxD and the I trien to find the number of kills. But there are lots of numbers, i have no clue wich number is the number of kills :miserable:

Thanks zuckerruebe!!

Sorry for being noob in computer knowledge, but how do I convert the number of zombie kills into Hex? And what is Hex? I just opened the .ttp file with HxD and the I trien to find the number of kills. But there are lots of numbers, i have no clue wich number is the number of kills :miserable:

Thanks zuckerruebe!!

417162084_WhatsAppImage2019-01-22at21_47_35.jpg.d535ec1c05a7dde98975e29e56d6625b.jpg

I know it's difficult to see whats in the image, but as you can see it's full of numbers :(

Hex stands for Hexadecimal. Decimal numbers have a base of 10, binary has a base of 2 and hexadecimal has a base of 16. It's just another way to write numbers. But that is not important.

The killcount is saved as a hex number so you have to convert your killcount (which is displayed in game) first into hex to locate it in the file. For example if you have 79 kills you would have to convert 79 into a hex number which would be 4F. Then you can search in the .tpp file for 4F.

For the conversion any online tool is fine. Just google "dec to hex". When you have found the position where the kills are saved the deaths will be right next to it.

I dont have the b240 Version installed so i cant tell you exactly where the deathcounter is but with a higher resolution picture of the file i could probably help locating it. It's just a guess but in the .tpp file are probably a few parts that look like this: "FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF" shortly after one of them i would expect the numbers we are looking for.

Hex stands for Hexadecimal. Decimal numbers have a base of 10, binary has a base of 2 and hexadecimal has a base of 16. It's just another way to write numbers. But that is not important.

The killcount is saved as a hex number so you have to convert your killcount (which is displayed in game) first into hex to locate it in the file. For example if you have 79 kills you would have to convert 79 into a hex number which would be 4F. Then you can search in the .tpp file for 4F.

For the conversion any online tool is fine. Just google "dec to hex". When you have found the position where the kills are saved the deaths will be right next to it.

I dont have the b240 Version installed so i cant tell you exactly where the deathcounter is but with a higher resolution picture of the file i could probably help locating it. It's just a guess but in the .tpp file are probably a few parts that look like this: "FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF" shortly after one of them i would expect the numbers we are looking for.

You are my hero man! I found it and I change it. It works!

Thanks!!

• 7 months later...
Guest Burgundy Shirley
Hi!

Same problem, but I don't know what program to open the .tpp file in. What did you use?

Guest Burgundy Shirley
Hi,

the program was called HxD. :apathy:

Thanks. I managed to open the file, but I can't find the enemy kill value.

enemies killed are 271, which I converted into 10F, but the search in HxD cannot locate "10F" so, what am I doing wrong?

Thanks. I managed to open the file, but I can't find the enemy kill value.

enemies killed are 271, which I converted into 10F, but the search in HxD cannot locate "10F" so, what am I doing wrong?

Did you search for a string or a HEX-value? Maybe test if you can find any other HEX-values you can see in the file.

Guest Burgundy Shirley
Did you search for a string or a HEX-value? Maybe test if you can find any other HEX-values you can see in the file.

I juste opened ctrl+F and typed 10F. All i want is the player death score, and since you adviced searching for player kills to locate it, thats what I did.

I juste opened ctrl+F and typed 10F. All i want is the player death score, and since you adviced searching for player kills to locate it, thats what I did.

After pressing ctrl+F you should be able to select HEX-values in the in the upper left corner of the search window.. then search for 10F

Guest Burgundy Shirley
After pressing ctrl+F you should be able to select HEX-values in the in the upper left corner of the search window.. then search for 10F

My new kill count was 317, and when I converted it, it was 13D, but I still couldn't find it with the hex-values tab.

Archived