2500 Zombi kill Trophy not popping

BierTrinka

After hours and hours of grinding, after killing nearly 4000 zombies the "The Funeral Director" trophy is still locked... Is there a helpful hint, helping to unlock the trophy? Some information:

played coop as invited player on Navgezan, 500 kills trophy unlocked a bit late, but did. 100 deaths also unlocked, 10 times late but it did.

What i've done so far:

- wiped game data and reinstalled from scratch

--> entered same MP Game and kicked some asses --> nothing

--> downloaded old playerdata, joined same MP game and kicked asses again --> nothing

--> changed character

--> changed language

--> created new single player map and killed about 100 zombies... nothing

--> created own multiplayer map, killed some zombies, nothing

--> played on the former host console with my profile... nothing

i'm really disappointed, further i'm sure the "Marco Polo" should have unlocked aswell now. Anyways it's no problem that trophies unlock "a bit late"... but nearly doubling in amount is far away of "a bit late".... hope anyone has a useful hint for that.

Hi BierTrinka,

Can you confirm for me that at no point games you joined had cheat mode turned on? Or have you always played in the same saves?

Thank you for reporting this, I shall pass this and the list of what you tried onto the team, can you let me know what console you are on? Have you cleared the cache of the console recently?

Clare

Hi Clare, i'm play in on a normal Ps4 with no cheats enabled. As you said i was always playing on the same map. We Just Tried to invite a third Player for his 1000 point trophy and Wellness trophy which unlocked as intended. So in my opinion the savegame is not broken. Clearing the cache will be my next step!

Hi BierTrinka,

The team were wondering if they could have a look at your save? The theory is it could be a PSN connection. By looking at the save on a test device if they could see if it pops instantly for them (Connection issue) or is delayed like you see (Bug/Glitch causing it).

To get the save file...

1) Turn on PS4

2) Insert an External USB Drive into one of the 2 USB ports on the front of the PS4.

3) In the main menu, go to “Settings”

4) Click on “Application Saved Data Management”

5) Select “Saved Data in System Storage”

6) Select "Copy to USB Storage Device"

7) Select 7 Days to Die

8) Select all files and press "Copy"

9) Wait until transfer is complete

10) Remove External Drive

11) Zip up all files copied to USB drive including ".bin" and "Profile" files

12) Upload the files to your Dropbox or other cloud file service

13) Email the download link to [email protected] with your user name

14) Message me on the forums to let me know you sent an email. This email is unmanned so I would need to alert the team that the save is there.

Clare

Hi Clare,

thanks for your help. One question, cuz i'm only the invited partner. Will the playerdata be sufficient or do you need a complete world? Asking because it doens't matter if i'm on a local single player world, or on the world i talked about. Or do you need both, the single player map and the host map? Will get the savegame up this evening.

Greets Tino

Sorry I missed these responses yesterday, I should have checked after I got the PM.

If you could send me the data from both worlds I think that'll work best as the team can then load both and see if there's any clue as to whats happening. Crashes should not effect player data in this way, however I will let the team know you experienced them.

If you would rather answer my PM questions here so everything is kept together, that is no problem.

Clare

FYI:

Hi Clare,

i was farming the most kills on an online multiplayer map. As said, the 500kills unlocked as intended +/- 100kills can't say, won't lie The single player map is my farming map for the single player trophies, i made several backups before trying somthing new, so the actual save has only 10 zombi kills. Most kills, around 3700 are achieved on the online multiplayermap with 2 consoles. Over time it should be about 4000 zombi kills on all saves, had several new maps i disposed after a new bad try.

Maybe i can put some screenshots together with the save. Don't know if that could help beside the data.

Thank you for that info BierTrinka,

I have sent the alert for the new save to the team, at the moment I do not this screenshots are essential, but that you for the offer. I shall let you know how the team gets on with this new save.

Clare

Good morning Clare,

do you have any clue if it's worth to continue trying to unlock the trophy with my actual playerdata? For real, i'm really discouraged to stay a minute without knowing if the trophy unlocks. Furthermore, there are 3 more trophy series with counters but... at this point i'm nearly unwilling to spend another 70 hours in achieving my actual progress and still not unlocking the trophies :(

Hi BierTrinka,

I'm afraid I have not heard back from the team recently on this issue, I shall chase them up and ask them if they think they will unlock soon or if they have any clues as to what could have caused the issue yet. I will get back to you asap.

Clare

Hi BierTrinka,

The team were looking at the save and are finding some unusual statistics. A few identical items all the same quality, lots of bullets without the host having learnt the bullet perk etc. Is it possible that the host had another save, possibly with creative/cheat mode on or more advanced with the same name as the current one? Sometimes then deleting that save and creating a new one with the same name can allow information from the original save to be pulled in from a backup causing confusion in the save. Achievements can not be unlocked in creative/cheat mode so if something like this were to happen it may block the achievements unlocking for a client if the game thinks for the client it is in creative/cheat mode even if the host can still unlock achievements. From what the team can see the host has no issue unlocking achievements, but the client is unlocking some but not many which matches with your original report. We can clearly see the issue, but not the source just yet.

It it seems there could be an issue with statistics for each player not registering properly either due to the potential glitch mentioned above, or some other cause. Would it be possible to get screen shots of the statistics screen for both host and client to see if they match up or have any differences to them. This could give us a clue on what area we need to continue our investigation in.

Clare

Hi Clare, to be honest, after around 3k kills, we used the item duplication glitch (already reported a few days ago). It's alot easyier to kill hordes of zombies with the magnum than ask the to die with a fireaxe ;) So there was no need to skill any crafting ability.

That at least is the explanation for the identical items found in this save. BUT, whats the weird part, 2 players were able to unlock trophies even on this savegame. That's confusing me. I swear we never had cheat mode enabled at any time. We are mostly playing games for trophies, so we never ever even think about activating cheats. I can provide some screenshots later on, from the host and the client, which showed identical statistics.

Some information on the statistics, don't know if this helps alot: while testing with the playerdata, we saw that the host is always showing the actual kills provided by the effected clients playerdata, means, every client is pushing the statistics to the host for each map, wheras the host is responsible for saving items/world etc. Thats pretty weird! We hoped to reset the kills by deleting the playerdata, rejoin the map and synchronize with the provided data from the host, which suprisingly didn't happen.

At least sorry for bugusing, but after spending hours in testing and hoping to find a solution, that was an option to deal with that torture...

Thanks for your investigation, hope i can provide deeper details to fix that issue!

Hi Clare, to be honest, after around 3k kills, we used the item duplication glitch (already reported a few days ago). It's alot easyier to kill hordes of zombies with the magnum than ask the to die with a fireaxe ;) So there was no need to skill any crafting ability.

That at least is the explanation for the identical items found in this save. BUT, whats the weird part, 2 players were able to unlock trophies even on this savegame. That's confusing me. I swear we never had cheat mode enabled at any time. We are mostly playing games for trophies, so we never ever even think about activating cheats. I can provide some screenshots later on, from the host and the client, which showed identical statistics.

Some information on the statistics, don't know if this helps alot: while testing with the playerdata, we saw that the host is always showing the actual kills provided by the effected clients playerdata, means, every client is pushing the statistics to the host for each map, wheras the host is responsible for saving items/world etc. Thats pretty weird! We hoped to reset the kills by deleting the playerdata, rejoin the map and synchronize with the provided data from the host, which suprisingly didn't happen.

At least sorry for bugusing, but after spending hours in testing and hoping to find a solution, that was an option to deal with that torture...

Thanks for your investigation, hope i can provide deeper details to fix that issue!

Ah yes sorry I forgot you had mentioned that duplication glitch before, that does explain the odd item duplication but that shouldn't have effected it. I'll pass on this information to the team and see if there is anything else they can think of. They did tell me as a client of the game save you sent they managed to trigger the award unlocking after a further 446 kills approximately. Obviously this is not ideal as it's way off the mark for the achievement and we will continue to investigate this, but it looks like there is still hope for it unlocking in this save if you continue to play.

Hi Clare, all options listed in my opening Post Are made after round about 3500kills. While asking for the language, we tried alot. Alternating trough the language list, several changes back to Initial language. And both was tried on the host AND Client. Well, i wouldn't say we tried all possible matches But really enaugh to say it did Not help.

PS :sorry for some weird typos, german autocorrection for english texts is the same fun as investigating this bug :D

Hi Clare, my prefered weapon was the simple Bow with iron and steel arrows followed by the sledge hammer, my prefered way to welcome our.... Guests... After hitting the 2k kills we got a magnum book. Love that little beast, so Yeah, i would say the magnum Can be blamed for slaying 1,5k Zombies

Archived