Ancient Tomb

bigstep70

Ancient Tomb

So I finally started working in A16 ( just in time for 17 to drop... lol ) and this is my first entry.

This is nowhere near done but I just wanted to "show-off" a bit and give a few preview pics of this WIP.

Its based on burial tombs from around the Neolithic era, to around c.2000-1700 B.C.

... and I threw in a little "Skyrim" flare for good measure.

Not so sure of how it will fit into "the present timeline" of 7DtD but I hear-tell that some of you are ressurecting/working on the Medival-Mod so there may be a home for it after all... even if only used as a 'Unique POI'.

Whatever, Im having a blast building in A16, and yes, everyone was right. I havent looked back.

01.Ancient_Tomb_A16_bigstep70.jpg 02.Ancient_Tomb_A16_bigstep70.jpg 03.Ancient_Tomb_A16_bigstep70.jpg

04.Ancient_Tomb_A16_bigstep70.jpg 05.Ancient_Tomb_A16_bigstep70.jpg 06.Ancient_Tomb_A16_bigstep70.jpg

these pics are early development stage and do not reflect the final state of the prefab

Finally... Ancient Tomb A16 --> https://www.dropbox.com/sh/v6tbt6g4xmanfhn/AABDEsEd6M31BZLkUm_Yf6HHa?dl=0

"Long ago... when man was young and the old gods slumbered within the earth, their snore's were the wind and their very mutterings became earthquakes and storms, we feared their reprisal and prostrated ourselves upon the ground in awe.

Great monuments of druidic and holy power we built in their honor, and out off fear. Many of these structures were meant to carry our spirits to the afterlife and beyond.

This, this Ancient Tomb, was one of those many places of unbridled worship, brutal sacrifice and in the end... burial."

I've not put any zeds into this version as there is more than enough to do within the catacombs.

Besides, would you really want to be skulking around in a dark tomb, knowing that around the next corner (or two, or three) that there will be a hungry zombie ready to pounce. Plus the way I see it is any wandering zombie 'unlucky' enough to fall in the hole will be finding him/herself a new permenant home.

I will be tweaking this a bit over the next few days, on my end, and if any changes are needed to upload I will as it does need a bit more work as far as I'm concearned... cobwebs, moss, that kindda thing.

!!WARNING!! -- If you are claustrophobic then this POI is not for you!

** Many thanks to Eihwaz for making a great video that you can check out at his YouTube page.

** Be sure to check out all the awesome prefabs that people have made.

I've been busy with christmas and all but I'm jumping right back into prefabbing soon, as I love it so much.

After watching Eihwaz's video I noticed a few error's inside Ancient Tomb that I thought I had fixed, but...

... I guess I didn't. Thats what I get for rushing the prefab to upload.

I'll be fixing and re-uploading soon... with some Z-population this time.

A quick update and a few more screens for ya's.

Finally got around to spreading some foliage up top and I think its working well for what the POI is.

Ancient, decrepid, burnt down ruins dont really have a need for a "grounds-keeper" so Ive let it grow wild.

07.Ancient_Tomb_A16_bigstep70.jpg 08.Ancient_Tomb_A16_bigstep70.jpg

I was gonna omit this from the Snow biome (xml edit) but it looks really good "live".

Ive finished about half of my "geological survey" and been working pretty steady on inserting content for the burial chambers and underground portions. The games 'era' is a bit of a mis-match for useable items in a tomb, but it forces me to be creative and TOsTB for decorations and furnishings.

** SPOILER ** : I keep getting lost in my own mazes... left, left, right, straight 15 steps, left, right, left,.. hey!?..what th?.. dagnit!

Thank the maker for GOD-MODE... :)

'''Teaser'''

09.Ancient_Tomb_A16_bigstep70.jpg

I superimposed a cap of Pille's editor 'Zombie.exe' over an areial shot in my construction world.

Thought I would give you a quick "GASP" of what you are in store for

The 70x70x15(mean)26(max) area is three levels, four if you count the outdoor architechtural feature, the ruins and boulder piles,etc.

It plummets approximatly 70' (IRL) into the earth and this labyrinth you see before you is only layer # 1.

Ive said enough, don't wanna reveal the hidde...neeER-UHM? There's nothing to see here. Move along!

-->> Update; 4:54 AM Eastern Time<<--

Its been a long day. My eyes hurt, my brain hurts, DAMN, even my index-finger hurts (click,click,click,etc,etc) but its all coming to a close soon.

I just can't seem to stay in one spot and finish this monster. I keep bouncing around the entire POI working on what seems like 100 things at once.

"Hey!, that looks cool, I wonder how would it look over here. (grind,clink,bang) Nope, that looks awful (crack,smash,bam) Oh well, back to the drawing board." rotflol

10.Ancient_Tomb_A16_bigstep70.jpg

just for $#|^s and giggles

I can't help but take screencaps of finished area, well finished fer now. Theres always room to tweak stuff.

I'm probably 50-60% done for the build. Furnishing this 'beast' is a nightmare, and making sure that the cavern struture "looks" stable and as 'realistic' as possible is a task, to say the least.

I may be spending way to much time on this, but, I gotta get it just right. If that means that I move a freakin' candle 17 times, then so be it, seventeen times it is.

:: SnapSnaps ::

A new sytle for cabinets ... keep an eye out for these.

11.Ancient_Tomb_A16_bigstep70.jpg

Oooo, Scary looking stuff... good thing they're all dead and gone to that great gig in the sky.

12.Ancient_Tomb_A16_bigstep70.jpg

An ancient mortuary and embalming laboratory... "Look Ma', we's doin' science!"

13.Ancient_Tomb_A16_bigstep70.jpg

..alright, I've bugged you enough. I'll get back into my hole..

:topsy_turvy:

Ancient Tomb

So I finally started working in A16 ( just in time for 17 to drop... lol ) and this is my first entry.

This is nowhere near done but I just wanted to "show-off" a bit and give a few preview pics of this WIP.

Its based on burial tombs from around the Neolithic era, to around c.2000-1700 B.C.

... and I threw in a little "Skyrim" flare for good measure.

*SNIP*

Skyrim did you say? Speaking of Which, are the pimps still planning occulus/VR support? I probably wouldn't buy into it but was more of a question of curiosity. :p

Of course Skyrim. One of the best games ever... so, so many hours within that world...

Wouldnt know about the VR stuff myself. I know you were just asking out loud.

As I was telling JaxTeller718 over at this post I've already got plans for more terrain-based POI's but he has reminded me to get my A15 prefabs, Snack Shack, Show N Shine, etc... converted/finalized properly before I get too consumed with A16 prefabs. (thanx again Jax, I'd have left them in the dust)

I thought 'playing the game' was a nice time killer... jeez, prefabs are so much fun to build I haven't actually played a single minute of 7 Days to Die in over a week.

Between 'prefabbing', studying files to learn how create my own Navezgane style maps and constantly modding the heck outta every xml in the data folder, Ive rairly found time to run around and slay some zombies. Plus I've been a lot more active here on the forums lately, learning all the ins and outs of prefabbing and just being 'present' in general.

But, down the road, when it's all said and done, I'll have a RWG/Biomes/prefab combo that will really be a joy to play, and hopefully share as a 'whole map' when I get around to "tearing" Navezgane apart and bending it to my will.

soon, soon, soon

Im almost done. I have two sections of maze/burial chambers to furnish and tweak, make the distant mesh and then shes done.

but not sleepers yet.

releasing now would be like serving a grilled cheeze thats only grilled on one side

Im gonna krank away at it today and it should be posted later this afternoon or evening

ALL DONE fer now... see my 1st post for download link.

soon, soon, soon

Im almost done. I have two sections of maze/burial chambers to furnish and tweak, make the distant mesh and then shes done.

but not sleepers yet.

releasing now would be like serving a grilled cheeze thats only grilled on one side

Im gonna krank away at it today and it should be posted later this afternoon or evening

ALL DONE fer now... see my 1st post for download link.

nice! checking it out right now

cool lemme know what you think

oh and have fun trying to find all the loot

I've hidden things somewhat, some are obvious but others are like, where the "eF" is the loot

and there "are" three levels underground... you just have to find the way down as I've hidden the lowest entry-point... but its pretty obvious... just don't 'overthink' it

Great work.

That is a work i can´t do. I would lost in the Maze and die...

Also the burned and damaged stuff on top is really good done.

I love to search the right way for loot.

The only thing i miss is the rolling stone...

Perfect Prefab. I would prefer some decent Zombies there.

Great work.

That is a work i can´t do. I would lost in the Maze and die...

Also the burned and damaged stuff on top is really good done.

I love to search the right way for loot.

The only thing i miss is the rolling stone...

Perfect Prefab. I would prefer some decent Zombies there.

Thanx for the kind words, and yeah, I did get lost... A LOT. Thank the maker that theres a noclip/fly mode and the super koolAid that I made or I woulda starved down there in the darkness :)

I'm actually 'tweaking' Ancient Tomb right now... just needed a little game time instead of just prefabbing.

I left zombies outta this one on purpose, as it was a 1st release, and I just wanted to see what people thought of it, if they found 'everything', and get back some constructive criticism. So... next version will have some Zeds.

This (Ancient Tomb), as well as all my A15 prefabs, are going through the "finalization" phase today.

Hopefully by the end of today I will have all my A15's converted/tweaked/meshed and I will release them as a pack (probably a new forum post).

I've been writing a lot of prefab ideas on paper (yeah that white stuff made from trees), making notes, doing sketches, that kind of thing. I like to have a plan, somewhat, before I even start a foundation (in Pilles editor) or I find myself just building for the sake of it and things can quickly get '

'.

and so...... company showed up (unanounced) and my work/fun had to be put on hold for today

damn people always coming over and stuff, bothering me, pulling me away from the good things in life

oh well, I will give 110% effort tomorrow to get my A16 pack finished

and so...... company showed up (unanounced) and my work/fun had to be put on hold for today

damn people always coming over and stuff, bothering me, pulling me away from the good things in life

oh well, I will give 110% effort tomorrow to get my A16 pack finished

NOT good enough lol. It will have to be 210% lol :-P

• 2 months later...
Mind if I use this?

Go right ahead and thanx for the kind words regarding the prefab.

I've been out of the loop for some time now. Just had to take a break and get caught up on real life.

Gaming seems to take over my life sometimes and it was becoming a problem... still is, but I'm consciously making an effort, trying to not be addicted to sitting in front my PC all day every day.

I apologize for leaving all my prefabs in limbo for so long and not checking in here and there.

I hope that people have taken it upon themselves to download/use/upgrade/modify and outright abuse my prefabs to their hearts content.

Thats why I posted them... if I'd not wanted you guys and gals to enjoy them then they wouldn't be here now, would they?

Anyways I'm looking forward to playing and prefabbing again... and yes I will get around to fixing/updating/populating my existing prefabs.

It may just be longer between 'the now' and 'the complete' phase's. I recentlly lost 2 hard drives (they were really over-used) and have therefore lost several years of data/music and comic collections/legacy games & software and it was quit the blow. So basiclly everything that ever mattered to me and was worth keeping is gone and I'm really starting over. Oh well, chin up... it was just data... but it's just really gonna be hard to replace 37,000+/- mp3s, 2000+/- movies and 8700+/- comics and all the software installers I saved... not to mention the games... oh the games... the list goes on.

Technology = 1

bigstep = 0

winner by knockout = Technology

Lol. I have a drawer filled with drives that have a similar story... I guess in hopes that one day they'll wake up and give me their goods? I really don't know why I keep them, other than to hang on to hope that the data isn't really lost...

Same here. I know the data's still there, and until I'm absolutely sure that it can't be retrieved, I'm gonna hold onto them. I may be able to swap out the IO card on one of them (the 3.5Tb sata) and attempt retrieval that way but the other is an old 500Gb IDE and I dont have another HDD thats IDE so that one's probably kaputt... for now.

Archived