Ravenhearst Mod

JaxTeller718

Amazing mod, can't play it at all though.  The lack of storage just kills it dead.  If you could use world storage I wouldn't care that its much harder to build storage.  If you could build storage easily I wouldn't care I could use world storage.  All in all the mods great with one gigantic fatal flaw the just kills it.

• Like 1

7.6.1.4 Available   No wipes or save breaks

-Fixed Alum Carbon Steel crossbolts opening to iron instead of proper tips
-Fixed Exploding bolts needing steel arrows instead of the proper steel bolt tips
-Multi Tool Added to Crafting Quality Under Construction Tools
-Tungsten and Chrome Arrows now unlockable
-Updated showquestclearcounts, or added the line entirely that hadn't been adjusted previously.
-Replaced sleeper groups football stadium and abandoned house with other valid groups to prepare for their removal.
-Adjusted biomes if necessary
-Updated several townships and zones to be more king gen friendly, regardless of them working in rwg as normal.
-Included an updated copy of king gen list, renamed RHKingGenPOI_v7613b
-Added rh_zz_saltflat_multiBiomes_1(by_sinder) to king gen list, to fill the salt gap the generator's refusal to include cave pois can fill.

• Like 1

On 9/17/2021 at 10:20 PM, SpaceDuck said:

Amazing mod, can't play it at all though.  The lack of storage just kills it dead.  If you could use world storage I wouldn't care that its much harder to build storage.  If you could build storage easily I wouldn't care I could use world storage.  All in all the mods great with one gigantic fatal flaw the just kills it.

I feel your pain. Not sure if you knew, but you can use your axe on many of the backpacks, purse bags, coolers, and garbage bags around the world and use those for storage until you are able to make better storage. Agreed that it doesn't make a lot of logical sense, but it is a "feature" that impacts progression... it is what it is.

• 2 weeks later...

Is it possible for me to remove the item break on repair with xml editing ? I used to play this mod and like its complex items and all now i want to get into it again but carrying a couple of weapons instead of repairing one is a turn off for me. I can't remember if breaking was a thing back then or not, i was playing when there were diamond tools.

16 minutes ago, Jost Amman said:

I'm REALLY trying to like this mod, but the storage system just @%$#es me off!

I've got like 20 bags scattered on the floor plus a couple filthy sacks I could craft.

It's just too much guys... :tsk:

I don’t understand what prevents you from picking up the hinges from the doors, picking up wood and nails? It seems like a recipe for normal boxes. Saws are often found at construction sites, in 20 days I found 3 saws already, I don't see any problems with boxes at all

1 hour ago, Delside said:

I don’t understand what prevents you from picking up the hinges from the doors, picking up wood and nails? It seems like a recipe for normal boxes. Saws are often found at construction sites, in 20 days I found 3 saws already, I don't see any problems with boxes at all

The problem is I'm barely able to survive as it is... going to a town to find saws? I get attacked by dozens of zombies and can't even carry the stuff I find back to base.

I'm new to Ravenhearst, and maybe I still need to learn how to survive, but up to now I never died, expand my inventory slots, find some gear and so on...

However, this mod is a total grind and not fun at all. The storage system is just one of many examples, but for sure it's the most irritating.

I was interested in this mod because I liked all the cool stuff you can craft and how you handle vehicles, but I see I was wrong: to get there I'd need IRL weeks of constant grind!

44 minutes ago, Jost Amman said:

However, this mod is a total grind and not fun at all. The storage system is just one of many examples, but for sure it's the most irritating.

I was interested in this mod because I liked all the cool stuff you can craft and how you handle vehicles, but I see I was wrong: to get there I'd need IRL weeks of constant grind!

To be honest, the mod creator specifically stated that the main feature of this mod was to slow down progress quite a bit and turn it into a hardcore time consuming experience  😉

13 minutes ago, BFT2020 said:

To be honest, the mod creator specifically stated that the main feature of this mod was to slow down progress quite a bit and turn it into a hardcore time consuming experience  😉

Yeah, my bad, I guess. But it's such a shame that all that nice content can't be played without all that grind.

If they added some kind of "vanilla mode" this mod would become as popular as DF is (to name one).

9 hours ago, Jost Amman said:

The problem is I'm barely able to survive as it is... going to a town to find saws? I get attacked by dozens of zombies and can't even carry the stuff I find back to base.

I'm new to Ravenhearst, and maybe I still need to learn how to survive, but up to now I never died, expand my inventory slots, find some gear and so on...

This is the main mistake, this mod is not created for beginners, here it is purely hardcore 😉

2 hours ago, Delside said:

This is the main mistake, this mod is not created for beginners, here it is purely hardcore 😉

Well, I'm not exactly a "beginner", I've been playing 7D2D since A7, so...

My point is, adding grind is not adding difficulty, it's just adding more tedious and annoying tasks that provide no additional fun to the game.

A little bit of grind and complexity is welcome, but at this level it's simply too much IMO.

Anyway, just wanted to give my personal feedback to the mod devs. To each one his own.