Ravenhearst Mod

JaxTeller718

If you are playing single player you can enter creative mode (press f1 for drop down bar and type cm into it) then when you go to your inventory there should now be a lightbulb in the top strip next to the other buttons for checking quests, the map, and game stage. In the creative mode you should be able to search for the perk books you want ang give them to yourself to get your perk levels back up... Not sure how you would get your normal levels up though...

• 2 weeks later...

This mod looks very interesting. Have not tried it out yet, but I definitely will. There were some cool features that got my attention. Especially the Airdrop Spawn Zeds and Vehicle disable during Bloodmoon. It would be awesome if these also could be made to work as standalone mod. I guess you guys that have worked your asses off with this mod probably don't want your work to be in bits and pieces for downloading and I highly respect that. Anyway. Great work! :)

at my wits end... keep getting an error "err loading and parsing failed execption external 3d model with name loot container/suitcase not found maybe you need to create atlas first" wth that mean? cannot find any help on this

Hi all. Been playing more than a hundred game days in a new Alpha 18 Ravenhearst game and never found a research desk, or a research desk schematic or a used/broken research desk.. Looted many, many crack a book, my player level is above 100 and my looting level is at 159. Any tips to craft / find one of those? Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

**The Plan for 6.4**

Right now the plan is to finish up testing on 6.4 for 18.4 stable and get this into your hands. What I hope everyone understands is with all that is going on there may be balancing inconsistencies or some uncaught bugs. We are pushing this release out because my team needs to be with their families and time is going to be short. We worked hard on this patch and want people to get to experience it. With 19 most likely going to experimental soon it would be a terrible shame if no one got to see what we did. We have more than a few ideas we had planned that got moved to 19.

My time is going to be extremely limited after we release as you all may guess. I want, and my team agrees, people to be able to play some RH while they are at home, or away from work or just going through a tough time. We have done our damnedest to make sure nothing major nulls or occurs. If it does PLEASE go easy on my team. They are stretched very thin.

I've had a few people ask if I'm including a covid buff. I thought about it but honestly I think 6.4 will be remembered anyway for all that has happened anyway, and I suspect 6.4 will be the version you all will play the longest.

Out of respect for people's fears and not wanting to make light of it I won't be including it.

That said we are damn close people. With lockdown popping up everywhere this is a perfect time for everyone to enjoy what we hope is a version that stands up with the best of them.

That said I suspect we are looking at no later than early next week for release, if not this upcoming weekend. Thank you to everyone for everything they have done for me and shorty over at Discord and here. Your support, your contributions and your words have done more than you can imagine to help me through a pretty crappy time. I hope everyone is safe out there and remains so. I also hope our little mod brings everyone a small bit of joy in these trying times.

Hello everyone,

I'm having issues with playing Ravenhearst. v6.2.5.1

I have downloaded the Launcher and made sure it is up to date.

I have downloaded Ravenhearst 6 2 0 Edition from the drop-down Alpha 18 list

I have ran the Pre-Sync Mod and it ran for quite a while

I am logged in through Steam

Use EAC is grayed out/disabled

I hit Play Mod, the menu starts loading up, I get alt-tabbed into a Unity loading window and then they both close/crash.

Is anyone else experiencing this? Am I doing something wrong? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.

Edit: windows event viewer log snippet:

Faulting application name: 7DaysToDie.exe, version: 2019.1.0.11155, time stamp: 0x5cae8f21

Faulting module name: UnityPlayer.dll, version: 2019.1.0.11155, time stamp: 0x5cae9086

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x000000000024f920

Faulting process id: 0x2604

Faulting application start time: 0x01d60399684ffb9b

Faulting application path: C:\7D2D\Alpha18\Ravenhearst\Ravenhearst_6_2_0_Edit ion\7DaysToDie.exe

Faulting module path: C:\7D2D\Alpha18\Ravenhearst\Ravenhearst_6_2_0_Edit ion\UnityPlayer.dll

Report Id: 805ef130-949e-4a76-9141-3c6e73e74989

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

Edit#2: I downgraded to 7D2D Alpha 18.2 since this was the reason why the mod wasn't compatible... I was a dumbo and assumed that creating a copy from the game would "take" the proper version no matter what I had installed.

Problem fixed. Sorry for wasting your time.

Edited by Shairkon (see edit history)

Let me say , love the mod , although only at day 3 currently. But i have a big BUT or question concerning zombies.

This is how my 3 days went :

Start game , no zombies , which is nice to start up , and i know is intended. Found a nice house to call home for the night. At 22:00 25 zombies spawn in around my house. Making a bit of noises already drew their attention , so stayed super quiet and they left the house alone again after a while.

Morning Day 2 : well had to get out of the house , so killed all the zombs around my house , which took a couple of hours. And then the world was silent again.

During afternoon i did get jumped by 3 zomb dogs which was a big scare :) But that was it , no zombies in the streets nothing. POIs do have their zombies so at least have some fun there.

Night 2 : nothing special , couple of zombs spawned in and wandered around the house.

Morning 3 : had to kill 2 zombs to get out. At that point i started to wonder about the zombies outside and started exploring. Found a huge city and well empty. The entire run 0 zombs , the entire exploration of the huge city 0 zombs.

The world cant be this empty so i wonder , bugged or wrong settings? I did not change anything from settings.

Now i am not looking to fight through hordes of zombs to tget to a POI , but you would expect zombies outside wandering around in the streets etc.

On a side note , zombie spawn on drops creates errors......

Let me say , love the mod , although only at day 3 currently. But i have a big BUT or question concerning zombies.

This is how my 3 days went :

Start game , no zombies , which is nice to start up , and i know is intended. Found a nice house to call home for the night. At 22:00 25 zombies spawn in around my house. Making a bit of noises already drew their attention , so stayed super quiet and they left the house alone again after a while.

Morning Day 2 : well had to get out of the house , so killed all the zombs around my house , which took a couple of hours. And then the world was silent again.

During afternoon i did get jumped by 3 zomb dogs which was a big scare :) But that was it , no zombies in the streets nothing. POIs do have their zombies so at least have some fun there.

Night 2 : nothing special , couple of zombs spawned in and wandered around the house.

Morning 3 : had to kill 2 zombs to get out. At that point i started to wonder about the zombies outside and started exploring. Found a huge city and well empty. The entire run 0 zombs , the entire exploration of the huge city 0 zombs.

The world cant be this empty so i wonder , bugged or wrong settings? I did not change anything from settings.

Now i am not looking to fight through hordes of zombs to tget to a POI , but you would expect zombies outside wandering around in the streets etc.

On a side note , zombie spawn on drops creates errors......

Pretty much the same issue here. I'm on day 3 and the only zombies I see are sleepers in buildings. The world seems pretty empty playing the latest version.

So i started a new game , same results. I played till first horde night and i am afraid i will leave it at this for the moment. World is almost empty , and horde night was a big joke.

Given , i took 1 day to take over county jail POI , which is a good base , but i cannot say i got attacked by a horde. 6 zombies MAX is what console said , while i set it at 64.

Ill give this a try when it gets patched or the new version is out.

So i started a new game , same results. I played till first horde night and i am afraid i will leave it at this for the moment. World is almost empty , and horde night was a big joke.

Given , i took 1 day to take over county jail POI , which is a good base , but i cannot say i got attacked by a horde. 6 zombies MAX is what console said , while i set it at 64.

Ill give this a try when it gets patched or the new version is out.

Same here. I will put it down for now not much fun without zombies.

The zombie issue should be fixed for this new version. Its a result of the code changes to biome spawning and gamestaging the entire game. Lots of work went into this this round.

Speaking of.....

Update 6.4.1 for 18.4b4 is now Out!

-Over 50 new and redesigned POIs courtesy of Sinder and Robear. Returning favorites with a new flair, new enemies and sleepers and a host of new pois never before seen in Ravenhearst will have you exploring for weeks and finding new buildings to scavenge.

-Our food system has been expanded. Multiple new recipes and rewarding higher end foods will now have you seeking out recipes and conserving your food because....

-Spoilage is making its return. Intricately balanced to not be too harsh veggies and foods will now expire so plan your cooking decisions carefully. Items like fridges, preserve barrels and the food processor will help you preserve your food longer so you will want to set up your food prep system as soon as possible.

-The preliminary return of the class system. Basic right now going through each class will reward you exclusive weapons designed for that line. Finishing all quests in the game will reward you with powerful and fun items and recipes. A purpose to quest now.

-The land is full of dread once again as the return of Night Terrors and Nightmares will haunt you. Redesigned gamestages will have you jumping more often as the unpredictable nature of these creatures will catch you off guard. You may even see them in pois!

-New vehicles like the Hang Glider, the Boat and others will have you exploring the map. Balance was done on all vehicles for gas consumption, storage and speed as well.

-We have included Skyriss Vanilla gun mod which adds over a dozen new guns for you to use against the undead. Favorites like the Crossbow Repeater makes its return as well.

-Complete rebalance of zombies and gamestages. New zombies will horrify you and spawning has been given a complete overhaul. The world should be much more dangerous now and full.

-Wookie has added to his suite of DLL tweaks, including the ability to read a schematic once only and expanding quests so that you can now quest a full tier below your current tier, as well as the ability to select from far more quests than what vanilla currently allows you to.

-Major fixes for bugs like progression resets and ingredient scaling not showing correctly. This version is way more stable than our previous ones and you can play with peace of mind.

-Nitrogen Support. Ive worked hard to tag and zone pois so that they will spawn nicely within Nitrogen. We have our own Nitrogen file included with the install you can use and it includes all vanilla pois so you wont need any other prefab file.

-Expanded Game Mechanics like tool heads for all tools and a new irrigation system with pipes for your crops are now in game. Old school farming makes a return as well, and plots are now unlockable via Living off the Land. Irrigation does not consume water so it will be a highly sought after end game build you will want to invest in.

-The Quest Phone. When you complete all your quests you will receive a phone you can place in your base. Each day that phone will have a handful of tasks you can complete for skill points, coins or items. These are repeatable so there is always something to do and more will be added in the future.

-The Whisperers have returned. If you disable the rage mechanic you can now enjoy the old mechanic of Whisperers where rarely a zombie will be human and chase after you.

-The options menu has been cleaned up and optimized. Wookie worked hard to optimize the settings for Wandering Hordes, Rage and POI Multipliers. Work is not done yet and there are more optimizations to come but this is in a much better place now than in 6.2

-Chapters make their return as well. Now for some recipes you will need to find more than one chapter so that you can complete the set to make the schematic in the research table. Trade with your friends!

-Robear has worked hard to bring back the original Bundle system known as Pallets. Every resource now has a craftable Pallet that you can place in your base. Make a huge warehouse of supplies! We have removed the vanilla bundle system from resources and lowered stacks for balancing to go hand in hand with this system.

-Limestone for concrete makes its return

-Over 500 lines of bug fixes, balances and changes that will make this version of RH unlike any other before it.

Hello, enjoying the mod a lot with the new update. But I'm having an issue as a host with the RH_ReturnModsOnBreak, when a client exhausted their tool/weapon durability and removes it from their inventory, the game constantly spams my console with the NullReferenceException whenever they attempted to use a replacement one every hit/swing/etc:

(Filename: <7ec73e25a56240f6a15ad73e46d19da3> Line: 0)

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at RH_ReturnModsOnBreak+PatchInventoryclearSlotByInde x.Prefix (Inventory __instance, System.Int32 _idx) [0x000e5] in <7ec73e25a56240f6a15ad73e46d19da3>:0
at (wrapper dynamic-method) Inventory.clearSlotByIndex_Patch1(object,int)
at Inventory.SetItem (System.Int32 _idx, ItemValue _itemValue, System.Int32 _count) [0x00093] in <3ca2702590144b2c95bd610195728952>:0
at Inventory.SetItem (System.Int32 _idx, ItemStack _itemStack) [0x00000] in <3ca2702590144b2c95bd610195728952>:0
at NetPackagePlayerStats.ProcessPackage (World _world, INetConnectionCallbacks _netConnectionCallback) [0x000f1] in <3ca2702590144b2c95bd610195728952>:0
at ConnectionManager.ProcessPackages (INetConnection _connection, NetPackageDirection _disallowedDirection) [0x000b2] in <3ca2702590144b2c95bd610195728952>:0
at ConnectionManager.Update () [0x00053] in <3ca2702590144b2c95bd610195728952>:0

Any solution or fix is appreciated, thanks.

So i gave it a try. Lucky me i spawned in next to a jail , again :)

I am using a Nitrogen generated map , seemed to be working well so yeah :)

Started to clean out the jail , was not prepared for that , SOOOOO many zombs inside , but that was al ot of fun and what it should be so thumbs up.

But , and now comes the but (which might be due to my system but still), performance went down a lot. Takes me 3-5 times longer to get into the game , which i could live with , but the game seems to have issues now with updating breaking down stuff. Broke down a door and it stayed there for minutes. Same with the all the stuff , breaking down seemed to be keeping the visuals there.

I even was able to shoot through a door that was still there and not there. It was an iron reinforced door in the jail , had 3 stages , did 2 stages and could shoot through it and kill everything behind it. After a few minutes it updated and the door was there in it final stage and could be broken down , to stay again for a couple of minutes before dissapearing.

Now could be due to my system , didn't have it in previous version , so right now it is actually more unplayable , which makes me sad cause the amount of zombies i had in the POI made me drool.

Now could be due to my system , didn't have it in previous version , so right now it is actually more unplayable , which makes me sad cause the amount of zombies i had in the POI made me drool.

definitely sounds like possibly low ram, or you could look into increasing your drive's page file.

anyone looking to create RH maps using nitrogen, should see post #5 for the prefab file that includes vanilla and ravenhearst prefabs

https://forums.7daystodie.com/forum/-7-days-to-die-pc/game-modification/mods/78314-ravenhearst-mod?p=1218096#post1218096

cpt krunch will also be releasing (hopefully tonight) 10 custom made nitrogen maps for download as a modlet

as always LOTS of friendly people and help at our discord server

https://discord.gg/YBHD9f3

LVHaSCZ.png

I have a few questions probably won't affect me trying this Overhaul one way or the other. But if I am reading right the weapon mod that is in this mod is Vanilla Firearms Expanded correct? If not would that mod be compatible with this overhaul and would the Vanilla Optics PIP and it's compat patches be compatible?

I have a few question about this Overhaul if someone could help me. If I'm looking at this right it says that the Vanilla Gun Mod by Skyriss is integrated in this mod that is Vanilla Firearms Extended correct? If not would this Overhaul be compatible with that mod aswell as the Vanilla Optics PIP mod and the compat patches it has for VFE?

So sorry for the double post my internet fizzled out and I didn't realize the post actually went through my apologies.

6.4.2 Released. No wipes

]

Added Wookies dll fix for Return Mods on Break which was causing server crashes and nulls

Added spheres updated spherecore which removes debugging lines that were causing memory leaks

For those having issues with spawns early game on Day 2 do a killall in console as vanilla spawning mechanics force every single group to spawn on first spawn. After day 2 the spawning should level out.

The launcher keeps crashing. I uninstalled and reinstalled a fresh copy and I'm getting a DB error from a machine with the username Jeff? That's not from my PC anyway. I've attached a screen-shot.

After 3-4 tries, the launcher does...launch but the errors keep popping up. It keeps saying "DATABASE NOT FOUND".

Am I posting in the wrong thread here? Some please share some feedback.

1901739665_DBError.jpg.3efe7ddac82fa64834d689aa048492fe.jpg

The launcher keeps crashing. I uninstalled and reinstalled a fresh copy and I'm getting a DB error from a machine with the username Jeff? That's not from my PC anyway. I've attached a screen-shot.

After 3-4 tries, the launcher does...launch but the errors keep popping up. It keeps saying "DATABASE NOT FOUND".

Am I posting in the wrong thread here? Some please share some feedback.

The mod launcher is trying to download from github.com, but it looks like your connection to that host is down.