How to get rid of fog

Sjustus548

I'm hoping someone knows of a console command or something I can do to get rid of the scourge that is fog. I feel like I'm constantly in Silent Hill. I usually don't mind it but it completely hinders me from going out exploring. Any help that can be given would be greatly appreciated.

• 2 months later...
Type "weather fog 0" to turn off fog. Type "help weather" in the console to see the full list of possibilities.

This does not work for me. I typed it in and it simply says:

<Begin> Processing weather command

Fog density set to 0.9990131 (TextureValue: 254.3178). <end/>

Here is the weird part - it's multiplayer and I am the only one with the fog. The person playing with me has a bright and sunny day.

This does not work for me. I typed it in and it simply says:

<Begin> Processing weather command

Fog density set to 0.9990131 (TextureValue: 254.3178). <end/>

Here is the weird part - it's multiplayer and I am the only one with the fog. The person playing with me has a bright and sunny day.

Multiplayer? As in on a dedi? Dedi = Dedicated server. I have a feeling that you're situation has to do with "weathersurvival"

I'm wondering also if it is connected to you're player profile on the dedi... To have it changed on the dedi you need to be an administrator. But apparently the command is: "weathersurvival 0" or something like that. It isn't clear on the exact command. You may also need to change most if not all of them:

"Weather fog 0"

"Weather rain 0"

"Weather clouds 0"

But if it is linked to your player profile on the dedi - only the admin can change it. A clue to that is that you tried to change it but its still 0.9990131

There is at least one report of a person noting that when something like your situation happens the game defaults to the fog because it's using up too many resources.

Vanilla game requires like 8GB of ram. With a few exceptions most of the mods for the game are usually the same except for like Starvation which requires 16GB of ram. But the more ram you have the better off you are.

Now there are other possibilities that can also effect your systems global heap/total storage that can have an effect on the game if it is indeed to do with 'ram.' But we'll deal with that later.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived