The Offtopic, A17 thread.

Royal Deluxe

Hi Guys, I just wanted open up discussion of Alpha 17. Sorry we have been tight lipped about it, but I wanted to try something different this time where we talk about finished or work in progress features rather than stuff we simply planned. This leads to less frustration because usually once something is started we finish it, where its easy to plan a bunch of stuff and have it slip through the cracks, which is disappointing for all of us.

I will say we're ramping up the team, we've hired two new senior programmers, a concept artist, an environment artist, a designer, and we have about 5 new full time world builders. I'll begin showing stuff on youtube real soon. I have two keyboards hooked up at the same time now so I can annoy people if I want, or use the quiet keyboard if I want :)

Nice to hear you are alive and you are working on A17!

I think you are right that is a better way to do things!!

TFP I trust!!!! :)

Two questions I am curious about:

1. Are there any plans to fix silent enemies? I am all for a challenge but a horde of five silent dogs or wolves/direwolves coming up behind you is pretty much instadeath and pointless from a gameplay standpoint.

2. Any word on whether the Behemoth is going to make it into A17?

Can we be able to turn off the Blood Moon?, & have a Wandering Horde option instead.

I like the old game play with the Zed Ai & Wandering Hordes instead of stressing out on a constant "Gotta rebuild the Base", "Gotta rebuild the Base", "Gotta rebuild the Base". I want my activity to determine when a Horde comes, sound, smell, sight, heat & not the game clock, remember?

I also think you can out run or out maneuver most Zeds when you are exhausted or close to it. This makes looting garbage really easy & running around the map to loot or collect items like Yucca. I know we can craft drinks for replenishment & Buffs but if you are running through the forest to the point where you are breathing hard & the game gets really laggy you should suffer the consequences when you see a Zed.

I would like to see it get harder to get away if you suddenly encounter a Zed over a hill when you are tired, I can easily get away most of the time. You should be too tired to escape & have to stand & fight at some point in the game, you should have to swing your Club as fast as your tired ass can swing it.

Edit: Nobody posted in A16.3B12 yet, ? Will there be an update that will require a restart?

Hi Guys, I just wanted open up discussion of Alpha 17. Sorry we have been tight lipped about it, but I wanted to try something different this time where we talk about finished or work in progress features rather than stuff we simply planned. This leads to less frustration because usually once something is started we finish it, where its easy to plan a bunch of stuff and have it slip through the cracks, which is disappointing for all of us.

I will say we're ramping up the team, we've hired two new senior programmers, a concept artist, an environment artist, a designer, and we have about 5 new full time world builders. I'll begin showing stuff on youtube real soon. I have two keyboards hooked up at the same time now so I can annoy people if I want, or use the quiet keyboard if I want :)

Plot twist, BOTH keyboards are mechanical!

Nice to see you back to posting. It has been....meh around here without you. Best of luck on developing 17 and look forward to our next stop on this crazy journey.

One of the things I found interesting in The Walking Dead was a scene when a helicopter flew by, and all the brainless zombies shambled off in the direction that they last saw/heard it. What if air drops brought a horde? What if driving by a group on the minibike triggered them forming into a horde and they shambled off after you?

Just a thought.

Praying that larger backpacks are a thing in a17.

This backpack thing is that it teases many players. With few ppl that play around a lot (1000+ hours) we were thinking of different types of player characters with upgradable perks. Such as bigger backpack or more stamina. Or beer resistanse.

Lets say we have 3 types - a looter/scavanger, marine, medic/farmer. It will mess and both add and remove good stuff from the game but it`s what could be best way to add bigger backpack without destroying experience in MP/PVP

In SP - god I hope we have at least an upgrade or a lootable bigger (very rare) backpack. Or a pickup truck.

Nawww such a buzz kill not having things to look forward to in a17. Meh back to the modding section for me. Dev threads have been killed by the few whiners over the many whom enjoyed the way it was done prior.

If I were you , I would enjoy the hell out of modding around 7dtd as much as possible. Sadly not enough time , so keep doing it instead of us :) And some of your ideas could be ingame , who knows.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived