The Offtopic, A17 thread.

Royal Deluxe

While i am proud of where i am and the track i am on in life yes.. I am by no means better then anyone. However having a pitty party by seeking it of oh i want a new pc.. But......... There are options out there for a US Vet as they claim no reason for it. I am not judging we all make mistakes how ever. Becoming. Behind in life due to a video game is not sonethibg i think the creatora of this game wantes want or wish.

- - - Updated - - -

Alao Jbot. You say dont judge while judging my spelling... Ironic.....

• 3 weeks later...
It is interesting to hear you rage at fanbois over the scientific attraction to the katana, and then go on a fanboi expose yourself on the (nonexistant by stylization or material) VLFBERHT (since that is how it is spelled) sword.

It's about time I said something: I'm offended with your (and others') repeated use of "fanbois." That is sexist. There are many female players of this game, and they also are fanatical about this game among other things. At least include the word "fangyrls" in your posts in the future. Thank you.

I could swear his post was ironic. That’s how I read it anyway.

If you mean that his post was "ironic" in the same sense as Alanis Morrisette's song, then you probably are correct.

It's about time I said something: I'm offended with your (and others') repeated use of "fanbois." That is sexist. There are many female players of this game, and they also are fanatical about this game among other things. At least include the word "fangyrls" in your posts in the future. Thank you.

Fangyrls is sexist to Bois……."Fanpeeps" is a bit more gender neutral

Fangyrls is sexist to Bois……."Fanpeeps" is a bit more gender neutral

We don't promote doing away with the designations "men" and "women," so I don't see why we can't have "fanbois" and "fangyrls." The problem is in not using both of them. Now, a reasonable alternative to the clunkiness of having to type both terms would be to have an all-inclusive term, which also would encompass those who don't identify as either a "fanboi" or a "fangyrl." I don't think that "fanpeeps" is that word. I am not a sugary, marshmallow treat, nor am I a fan of them.

"Fanpimps"?

We don't promote doing away with the designations "men" and "women," so I don't see why we can't have "fanbois" and "fangyrls." The problem is in not using both of them. Now, a reasonable alternative to the clunkiness of having to type both terms would be to have an all-inclusive term, which also would encompass those who don't identify as either a "fanboi" or a "fangyrl." I don't think that "fanpeeps" is that word. I am not a sugary, marshmallow treat, nor am I a fan of them.

"Fanpimps"?

I am fond of the term "Fans" as and all inclusive term...

What does any of this do with A17. This is why i wish there was a dev only thread, that cuts out all the snowflakes.

Least it is better than the conversation that took over the steam a17 thread, the conversation was about peanut butter for so many posts :grumpy:

Life's rough - wear a cup.

-A

Never use irony tags and never feel like you have to explain it. That’s the beauty of irony. Some will get it and some will not and those who don’t get it and respond just add to the hilarity.

I find that these words continue to be wonderful wisdom. The gamut of reactions to things is so amazing, and they fill me with such joy. Roland, you must laugh a lot when moderating this forum.

"Fanpimps"?

so there's more degrees of being a fanboy? now there's fanbois? Whats the ' i ' change? the attempt at being cute? unique? awkward? O_O

also, i initially read the "fanpimps" as "fangimps"

If you mean that his post was "ironic" in the same sense as Alanis Morrisette's song, then you probably are correct.

My use of the word was a quotation at his use of the word. My use of the word was ironic as I have always found the term to be pedantic and insulting, since men, women, and often times pet mice enjoy playing video games.

I am not sure what the word weabo means so I did not make fun of it.

I view "fanboi" as a gender neutral term, like "dude".

I have a stuffed Peep on my desk that I use for rubber duck debugging, and if I need to invoke the voodoo gods, I wave it over my keyboard. You're really supposed to use a dead chicken, or sacrifice a goat, but those are health hazards and goat blood would gum up my keyboard.

Dude is masculine, dudette, according to the TNMT, is the feminine. I also heard "dudess" as it was a similar feminine along with dudette, but both fell from usage.

So I suppose you could use the word dude, since it is just a reiteration of the word dandy. Dandy can be male or female I spose.

What does any of this do with A17. This is why i wish there was a dev only thread, that cuts out all the snowflakes.

Roland will regularly remove posts he deems as unfit for the discussion as this is kind of his place.

It'd be like me going into your house and saying "Ehh, I really don't like the drapes, we should change them. Also, why don't you have a vegan only shelf in your fridge?"

Roland will regularly remove posts he deems as unfit for the discussion as this is kind of his place.

It'd be like me going into your house and saying "Ehh, I really don't like the drapes, we should change them. Also, why don't you have a vegan only shelf in your fridge?"

Not exactly what i meant but hey feel free to carry on like your on staff

I view "fanboi" as a gender neutral term, like "dude".

exactly, just like saying "hey guys look at this" I have seen women use the very same statement when talking to others, it by no way means anything gender related in the sense it was used... and if it was taken as sexist then why did EVERYONE look? :)

doesnt matter what we really think tho, because it comes down to PEOPLE/Society want to tell and make other people do what they want. nobody can mind their own business now a days, they have to be telling others what to do... i guess i tell myself to go sit in a corner and be quiet again :( i am sure some one is going to highly disagree with me.

people should chill out and enjoy the forums.

If that is your request, I will gladly play the grammar teacher to compliment Roland the mathie.

*you're

Your is a possessive pronoun, and you're is the contraction for you are that you were looking for.

Now that I've indulged your little fantasy, I repeat myself. The forum moderator will remove posts he believes detrimental to the conversation. You may give him your input all you like. You may start your own thread, and instruct TFP to post there and to not allow anyone except yourself to. Whatever you like Matt.

Postscript; I am more than happy to not snark at you if you do not feel the need to snark at me. Otherwise, know that you are participating in the behavior you just decried, as your comments have nothing to do with A17. My input is that I would like to see some of the block building vehicle options such as Empyrion in the game.

3.30am and im loaded on Endone for my fused spine at L5 S1 so forgive me for taking short cuts ..... and yes i failed english at school , care at my age .... nope

Archived