New weapons!

TotallyNotABot

Baseball Bat

Types: Wood, steel

This bat has 2 attacks

Attack: left click to swing the bat and deal the same damage as an iron club, hit the head to do more

Attack 2: Hold left click to charge up the swing to deal up to 1.5X damage but it more stamina

Double Headed Axe

Types: Stone, Iron, Steel

This beast from the medieval east has 3 attacks

Attack 1: Left click to do a horizontal slash that can damage up to 3 enemies with low to moderate damage

Attack 2: Hold left click to preform a downwards cleave that will do very high damage to 1 zombie, although it costs more stamina

Attack 3: Right click to shove up to 2 zombies away with the axe, useful for getting breathing room but does no damage., hold right click for a stronger shove that can stagger/knock down the zombies at the cost of more stamina.

Sword

Types: Forged Iron, Steel

This sword is much faster then the axe and costs less stamina to use, but doesn't do as much damage per hit and has a 100% bleed chance on players. It has 3 attacks.

Attack 1: left click once to do a slash that deals medium damage to zombies

Attack 2: Hold left click for a downward cleave that deals high damage to zombies, but its not as much as the axe

Attack 3: Right click to stab dealing moderately high damage to zombies

Katana

Type: Steel

Exactly like the sword but it does more slash damage, swings faster, and costs less stamina to use. A Japanese Blacksmithing book must be read in order to make this.

Flamethrower

Fueled with gas and has 1 attack.

Attack: Sets zombies on fire and does heat damage as well doing massive damage to large groups of zombies.

Downsides: It costs a ton of gas to maintain, and the smell of burning flesh attracts even more zombies.

Frag Grenade

These things do more damage then dynamite but don't really damage blocks all that much. You have to read a Grenades book in order to craft it and these are often found on fallen soldiers.

Downsides: Rare and Loud

Incendiary Grenade

The same as a Molotov except it doesn't burst on impact and burns for twice as long. You have to read a Grenades book to unlock this for crafting

No to axe, sword, katana. This is not a fantasy game and they make 0 sense. Your not going to find them laying around and your not going to be mass producing those in a homemade forge. Stuff like clubs, spiked clubs, simple edged weapons like machetes, etc are the kinda weapons you would see.

As for grenades and incendiary grenades there are already pipe bombs and molotov's that do the exact same thing so it would be kinda redundant and a waste of texture space.

Flamethrower i'm indifferent too, they aren't really practical, extremely heavy and severely limit mobility so it kinda doesn't fit. There will be flamethrower traps though.

An axe, sword, flamethrower, and katana do make sense, they are much more efficient weapons. What would you rather have in real life for fighting hordes of zombies? A wooden club or a steel sword that's literally made for that exact job? Anybody in their right mind would choose the sword. It doesn't HAVE to be a fantasy game to have different weapons. That's like saying that you shouldn't be able to fish in minecraft because it's not a fishing game. Or that you shouldn't be able to drive a mini bike in this game because it's not a racing game. Having an axe or sword in this game doesn't make it fantasy, you aren't going to use that sword to slay Alduin and save Tamriel, you're going to use it to kill zombies.

And you obviously wouln't find those laying around, I assumed everyone would have the common sense to assume that you have to make them (which in reality would not be hard to do)

An axe, sword, flamethrower, and katana do make sense, they are much more efficient weapons. What would you rather have in real life for fighting hordes of zombies? A wooden club or a steel sword that's literally made for that exact job? Anybody in their right mind would choose the sword. It doesn't HAVE to be a fantasy game to have different weapons. That's like saying that you shouldn't be able to fish in minecraft because it's not a fishing game. Or that you shouldn't be able to drive a mini bike in this game because it's not a racing game. Having an axe or sword in this game doesn't make it fantasy, you aren't going to use that sword to slay Alduin and save Tamriel, you're going to use it to kill zombies.

And you obviously wouln't find those laying around, I assumed everyone would have the common sense to assume that you have to make them (which in reality would not be hard to do)

Actually a sword and katana would be one of the worst weapons to use against zombies. A simple weapon like a spiked club would be the best as your not trying to slice a zombie to pieces. You have 1 thing to do and that's to destroy the brain. Using a sword is not as simple as a club and takes years of training to be proficient. It also is not designed to do what a basic club is and that's to crush the brain. For an example try to cut thru a coconut with a bladed weapon. Watch it get stuck in the coconut and say goodbye to your weapon. They also require extensive maintenance, only have a single edge greatly limiting their attack motions, and are incredibly easy to chip and notch while in use.

Katana's also take decades of experience and an incredible amount of time to forge. Its not something an amateur could EVER assemble. The same with a sword, your not just pouring metal into a mold and mass producing them, they have to be precisely balanced and its not something thats done by an amateur or something that there is a lot of info on. It takes days of work from someone who knows what he is doing to produce a SINGLE sword.

Sadly swords get popularized in literature such as walking dead and everyone is like OMG we need swords even though they would suck.

Also flamethrowers would be one of the WORST weapons to use against zombies. Use it on a group and you now have a flaming group of zombies walking towards you and a raging fire as setting zombies on fire won't kill them quickly.

http://www.cracked.com/blog/7-famous-zombie-movie-weapons-that-would-get-you-killed/

http://zombieresearchsociety.com/archives/4191

Your fishing analogy sucks btw. This game is set in modern times and weapons are modern creations. If we are going to add axes and katana's you might as well add plasma weapons and lightsabers because they make just as much sense.

Anyways the entire discussion is moot. The dev's have said dozens of times they are not adding ANY new weapons unless they fill a role that doesn't exist.

Machete = Swords and Katana

Pipe Bombs = Grenades

Molotov's = incendiary grenades

So we can wish all we want to but the only way to ever get them is via mods. Same reason they aren't going to add more rifles, pistols, etc.

Also flamethrowers would be one of the WORST weapons to use against zombies. Use it on a group and you now have a flaming group of zombies walking towards you and a raging fire as setting zombies on fire won't kill them quickly.

Why do we have to kill them quickly? A flamethrower is very efficient against large groups of zombies. One firing burst can ignite dozens of them. They would possibly be weakened by the flames or they would die after awhile. This could be very useful in a hord night or if you fight a wandering horde.

Actually a sword and katana would be one of the worst weapons to use against zombies. A simple weapon like a spiked club would be the best as your not trying to slice a zombie to pieces. You have 1 thing to do and that's to destroy the brain. Using a sword is not as simple as a club and takes years of training to be proficient. It also is not designed to do what a basic club is and that's to crush the brain. For an example try to cut thru a coconut with a bladed weapon. Watch it get stuck in the coconut and say goodbye to your weapon. They also require extensive maintenance, only have a single edge greatly limiting their attack motions, and are incredibly easy to chip and notch while in use.

Why do we have to attack the head? I would go for the neck or for the limbs (to disable the undead). Attacking the head using a spiked club seems to be a quite dangerous method since you have to get close to the zed and your club may get stuck without killing it. A weapon with a wider range would be less suicidal.

Katana's also take decades of experience and an incredible amount of time to forge. Its not something an amateur could EVER assemble. The same with a sword, your not just pouring metal into a mold and mass producing them, they have to be precisely balanced and its not something thats done by an amateur or something that there is a lot of info on. It takes days of work from someone who knows what he is doing to produce a SINGLE sword.

Well, we can make hunting knives and fire axes having the same quality as the industrially produced tools we can loot... Considering this fact, making a sword shouldn't be an impossible task for the players. If you use a search engine of your choice you will find out that it's a feasable endeavour. Ofc it's a matter of quality...

Producing a good hunting knife takes more than a few minutes in real life. So these realism based arguments don't really work. Consistency is the appropriate benchmark. Actually realism can and should be completely ignored: It's just a coincidence that TFP have decided to make a game having a certain degree of realism. So it's only an indirect factor of influence. If you add new content you don't check it for realism but for consistency to the existing content. That's why making a sword wouldn't take several days. The time it takes to make hunting knives indicates a much shorter duration.

If you don't like craftable katanas and swords, you could make them lootable (ofc very rare or unique).

they have to be precisely balanced

A poorly balance sword is still a sword and not a spoon. So they don't have to be 'precisely balanced' as your random assumption suggests. It's just beneficial. Unbalanced sword can be still useful (less useful as balanced weapons though).

Your fishing analogy sucks btw. This game is set in modern times and weapons are modern creations. If we are going to add axes and katana's you might as well add plasma weapons and lightsabers because they make just as much sense.

That's humbug:

Can we make swords nowadays?

Yes

Can we make lightsabers?

Not really.

But don't worry I've understood that you've hinted that these weapons (katana and swords) don't fit into the game.

Anyways the entire discussion is moot. The dev's have said dozens of times they are not adding ANY new weapons unless they fill a role that doesn't exist.

The dev's? How many Madmoles do we have? Btw. the whole purpose of this subforum is to gather feature requests and ideas. Who cares what Madmole and the other devs said? They constantly change their opinion. So if a lot of people are requesting new weapons tfp may change their mind.

Why do we have to kill them quickly? A flamethrower is very efficient against large groups of zombies. One firing burst can ignite dozens of zombies. They would possibly be weakened by the flames or they would die after a while. This could be very using in a hord night or if you fight a wandering horde.

Why do we have to attack the head? I would go for the neck or for the limbs (to disable the undead). Attacking the head using a spiked club seems to be a quite dangerous method since you club may get stuck without killing the zed. A weapon with a wider range would be less suicidal.

Well, we can make hunting knives and fire axes having the same quality as the industrially produced tools we can loots... Considering this fact, making a sword shouldn't be an impossible task for the players. If you use a search engine of your choice you will find out that it's a feasable endeavour. Ofc it's a matter of quality...

Producing a good hunting knife takes more than a few minutes in real life. So these realism based arguments don't really work. Consistency is the appropriate benchmark. Actually realism can and should be completely ignored: It's just a coincidence that TFP have decided to make a game having a certain degree of realism. So it's only an indirect factor of influence. If you add new content you don't check it for realism but for consistency to the existing content. That's why making a sword wouldn't take several days. The time it takes to make hunting knives indicates a much shorter duration.

If you don't like craftable katanas and swords, you could make them lootable (ofc very rare or unique).

A poorly balance sword is still a sword and not a spoon. So they don't have to be 'precisely balanced' as your random assumption suggests. It's just beneficial. Unbalanced sword can be still useful (less useful as balanced weapons though).

That's humbug:

Can we make swords nowadays?

Yes

Can we make lightsabers?

Not really.

But don't worry I've understand that you've hinted that these weapons (katana and swords) don't fit into the game.

The dev's? How many Madmoles do we have? Btw. the whole purpose of this subforum is to gather feature requests and ideas. Who cares what Madmole and the other devs said? They constantly change their opinion. So if a lot of people are requesting new weapons tfp may change their mind.

I am actually really clapping my hands for you right now, sir. Well done, I highly agree with most of what you said.

So about the flamethrower thing.... you do realize setting zombies on fire is actually a very VERY good way to kill them right?

If destroying the brain is what you want, it does that pretty well by literally melting it. The brain ceases to function at 105 degrees Fahrenheit, flamethrowers go upwards of 3K Fahrenheit. This isn't the walking dead, setting them on fire doesn't leave them with cracked burnt skin, in reality it would leave them as an ash pile. Flamethrowers killed REAL people in WW2 in a matter of seconds, zombies have much weaker skin then real people, are unable to regulate their body temperature and are already decayed so I'm pretty sure they would die even quicker.

Seriously use your brain that you were born with :/

Flamethrower would be very effective.

To understand why, you need to know why most militarys dont teach their solders to use them.

The story i read was.

There was a very intelligent American solder that thought firing in the air would be a cool thing.

So he shot a small burst 90 degrees above him.

But Flamethrower dont fire Burning gas, they fire something oil alike.

So physics happen, and the burning liquid followed gravitation.

The really bad was that it was not pure Darvinism, instead the burning fluid hit him set him on fire, and the High Temperature burned his hand, his Muscles and sinews contracted because of the heat and he (more or less allready death) pulled the trigger and killed the people arround him too.

Means dont imagine a Flamethrower as a big lighter. Flamethrower are really evil.

Cripples enemys in a moment.

The reason i dont want them implemented is simply because it would end like in fallout 3 with a huge Lighter. Or it would be really imba.

Btw the really bad at Katanas are that they are so complex in their blade structure that it is really really really hard if not impossible to repair them. They was never thought to fight against heavy armour (skull). They are made to fight leather and bamboo armours. For this reason have a look at european weapons. They have been made to fight heavy armours. The Katana is a nice weapon but too much glorified by TV and Movies.

I see some of the points made above against these ideas.

My opinion is the more options the better. Agreed some of these weapons would be repeats & have the same uses as current weapons we already have.

But honestly, what's wrong with that? If it can be done, why not? Why should everyone be forced to use the spiked club since it is the most powerful melee weapon in the game. An argument could be made the sledgehammer is just as strong or maybe even stronger. So really that's the only two strong melee options we have.

Same argument for the mining helmet. Why would you not want to use it? So now we all look the same because we are all wearing mining helmets.

Let's get different options to attach a flashlight to the football helmet, or the army helmet, etc. These all do the same thing yet simply gives us more options.

More options is always a good thing. Makes the game that much more personable and/or customizable. The ideas above such as the katana, battle axe, etc, certainly are practical.

I agree they shouldn't be able to be made but simply just found. A few rare weapons in the game would be so awesome to come across while scavenging.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Seriously Brian just stop replying to my posts if your always going to do this same ♥♥♥♥ every time.

If you can't stand criticism then stop posting on forums. I provided my points backed up with numerous research sites. The entire thread is a moot point as they aren't adding axes, swords, katanas, etc so its funny that people still post hundreds of weapons they want added when the dev's say they aren't going to.

I see some of the points made above against these ideas.

My opinion is the more options the better. Agreed some of these weapons would be repeats & have the same uses as current weapons we already have.

But honestly, what's wrong with that? If it can be done, why not? Why should everyone be forced to use the spiked club since it is the most powerful melee weapon in the game. An argument could be made the sledgehammer is just as strong or maybe even stronger. So really that's the only two strong melee options we have.

Same argument for the mining helmet. Why would you not want to use it? So now we all look the same because we are all wearing mining helmets.

Let's get different options to attach a flashlight to the football helmet, or the army helmet, etc. These all do the same thing yet simply gives us more options.

More options is always a good thing. Makes the game that much more personable and/or customizable. The ideas above such as the katana, battle axe, etc, certainly are practical.

I agree they shouldn't be able to be made but simply just found. A few rare weapons in the game would be so awesome to come across while scavenging.

The reason is as the dev's have said repeatedly is since the game works with 32 bit OS systems they have limited texture memory. So every weapon in the game is 1 less bandit type, 1 less feature etc. So you can have a working truck or a flamethrower, you can have the behemoth or a katana, etc.

That is why they only add in weapons if they fill a niche that no other weapons currently fill. They will let modders add more weapons in because modders don't care if the game becomes more resource intensive and won't work for users with less then 4gb of ram.

I think its not bad if the devs see from time to time if players think different about their decisions.

Understand me right.

Its their "baby" and they are in charge. But this means not that it isnt helpfull to write different meanings.

And even if 90% of all sugestion are finally crap. That what counts are the 10%.

And specially at new weapons, most modders are completly overchallenged to add models or Animations.

Btw: My wishlist about weapons

Wild west alike revolver

Wild west alike rifle (both to have buildable Guns and the possibility to make modern weapons more rare)

Spear and/or halberd (As main melee weapon)

And MAYBE a decent sword like "Grكes Messer" or a 1 and a 1/2 Hander

Why do we have to kill them quickly? A flamethrower is very efficient against large groups of zombies. One firing burst can ignite dozens of them. They would possibly be weakened by the flames or they would die after awhile. This could be very useful in a hord night or if you fight a wandering horde.

Except the human body burns extremely poorly, and a rotting corpse would be extra moist. Most deaths from fire is the body going into immediate shock, the lungs being burnt by superhot air, and the person passing out from pain. All things that don't effect undead.

Why do we have to attack the head? I would go for the neck or for the limbs (to disable the undead). Attacking the head using a spiked club seems to be a quite dangerous method since you have to get close to the zed and your club may get stuck without killing it. A weapon with a wider range would be less suicidal.

Since the spikes are narrow and blunt they don't tend to get stuck, its also far easier to smash then using a sword to slice thru the neck of a moving target.

Well, we can make hunting knives and fire axes having the same quality as the industrially produced tools we can loot... Considering this fact, making a sword shouldn't be an impossible task for the players. If you use a search engine of your choice you will find out that it's a feasable endeavour. Ofc it's a matter of quality...

Making modern day weapons is more realistic, books, tools, and knowledge of how to craft them exist. Making swords is not common knowledge. By your logic we should be able to craft any item in the game including loot only items like solar cells etc because they can be made.

In the end its a combination of factors including realism. The dev's have stated no to swords specifically and have stated their reasons. It's not something they can just decide to implement/

Again you do not know any of the reasons. It's not an arbitrary decision but a purposeful one do to limitations in the game memory. It's the same reason they aren't adding more pistols, rifles, etc. The game has limited memory to use and every item takes up memory, literally by adding a sword you are losing something like a turret or bandit. Machetes already exist and for all intents and purposes do the EXACT same thing as a sword or katana, so there is 0 benefit to adding them.

Also we have 1 Madmole who is the one in charge fyi...

I think its not bad if the devs see from time to time if players think different about their decisions.

Understand me right.

Its their "baby" and they are in charge. But this means not that it isnt helpfull to write different meanings.

And even if 90% of all sugestion are finally crap. That what counts are the 10%.

And specially at new weapons, most modders are completly overchallenged to add models or Animations.

Btw: My wishlist about weapons

Wild west alike revolver

Wild west alike rifle (both to have buildable Guns and the possibility to make modern weapons more rare)

Spear and/or halberd (As main melee weapon)

And MAYBE a decent sword like "Grكes Messer" or a 1 and a 1/2 Hander

Again, people keep forgetting its not a decision. They cannot add more without sacrificing other things.

They have LIMITED TEXTURE MEMORY. Every weapon they add means they have to remove something else. There are tons of threads on it if you want to get more technical such as

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?41853-Can-someone-explain-to-me-graphics-amp-textures&p=439244&viewfull=1#post439244

The main gist of it is in terms of content supporting 32 bit systems was probably a mistake, but they have to either support the game for 32 bit systems or develop two seperate versions which isn't feasible. We are limited to the restrictions of the 32 bit OS.

Except the human body burns extremely poorly, and a rotting corpse would be extra moist. Most deaths from fire is the body going into immediate shock, the lungs being burnt by superhot air, and the person passing out from pain. All things that don't effect undead.

Did you read my post above.

This is not a Flamethrower work.

Did you read my post above.

This is not a Flamethrower work.

Umm that was not addressed to you....

- - - Updated - - -

And how counter that my statement ?

Maybe they need to sacrifice other things if many players ask for more weapons.

Ask 1000 uses who would want a sword versus bandits and let us know how that goes.....

Especially as the sword for instance does absolutely nothing a machete doesn't already do.

Ask 1000 uses who would want a sword versus bandits and let us know how that goes.....

Especially as the sword for instance does absolutely nothing a machete doesn't already do.

Because 7D2D is mostly a "arcade shooter Minecraft" i doesnt completly disagree.

In Real there are worlds between a sword and a machete. A machete is nearer to a axe than to a sword.

Because 7D2D is mostly a "arcade shooter Minecraft" i doesnt completly disagree.

In Real there are worlds between a sword and a machete. A machete is nearer to a axe than to a sword.

Perhaps. I don't disagree with having more weapons EXCEPT in cases like this where having more weapons means you LOSE other features.

Blunderbuss --> Wild west alike rifle

2F08953A17EFB3A7A4078A94A439A9EE7C9F4456

Modern Magnum --> Wild west alike revolver

457E13837D91BF5DC5F102DF2789706F266AA785

Wood Bat --> One and a half hander (alike)

ritterschwert-agincourt--azincourt-www.schwertshop.de-501506a.jpg

https://www.schwertshop.de/ritterschwert-agincourt--azincourt.html

mittelalter-schwert-anderthalbhaender-kaufen-ritterschwert-www.schwertshop.de-zs-9528a.jpg

https://www.schwertshop.de/schwert-anderthalbhaender-von-calenberg-kaufen.html

This would be a trade i would like.

Maybe the modern Magnum would leave a gap because of the Pistol Skill. But blunderbuss and Wood Bat nobody use.

Also for the love of god people, whatever you know about swords from movies and TV just forget about it. None of it is true or based in any reality.

I enjoy going to renaissance festivals and i've gotten to see swords being made in real life, i've gotten to handle some and talk with people who make them. Its NOTHING Like you see in movies.

1. The Katana being the ultimate blade is a myth.

The reality is it was folded because it was made with crappy steel and it was folded to remove carbon in the metal making it less brittle.

In reality the Katana is inferior to most swords and requires YEARS of training in a very SPECIFIC way of wielding it otherwise it will shatter or break on use. Just like this guy here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzV6J3SQ8Qs&feature=youtu.be

2. Everything about swords being hammered out on an anvil

Completely false, pure BS from Hollywood.

In reality its highly specialized and takes YEARS of knowledge to properly do it. Years of knowledge for making the blade, for polishing and sharpening it, etc. Each is a separate specialty and vital for a proper sword.

http://www.cracked.com/personal-experiences-1238-6-things-movies-get-wrong-about-swords-an-inside-look.html

http://www.anvilfire.com/FAQs/swords_faq_index.htm

If you try to use an improperly balanced sword you WILL either break your wrist or send your sword flying across the room depending on the weight inbalance. Swinging a 7-10lb object that is unbalanced will generate significant force along either the upper blade or hilt which you don't want. The hilt and pummel need to be weighted and balanced against the specific sword so that the swings remain balanced and it was an entire profession in of itself.

Archived