Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

I don't know if your implying that would be a bad thing, but i feel it wouldn't be terrible. I guess it might take away from the difficulty of the game, but it feels more realistic to me... coming from someone who is a big fan of the walking dead. zombies are stupid and they don't see a trap coming, but stupid zombies lead to redundant game play. Hard to say what to do. I guess that's why you have different types of zombies eg. spider. because that way one tactic doesn't work for all.

and while you are getting bored with the zombie ai taking that path, another player or a small group of bandits snipe or rocket launcher a section of your base. Just keeping things lively. a lone bandit out on horde night can make things deadly

I bought this game from watching Neebs gaming play it and it looked awesome, Its still cool but the game theyre playing on pc is night and day from what I bought for ps4. Not gonna lie I feel kinda jipped guys. Is the console version gonna get compound bows and all the other new recipes and changes at some point? If it is then cool but if not that's really ♥♥♥♥ty to charge 30 bucks for an alpha demo versio that's never gonna get finished.

Thanks for reading my comment.

To be fair, I think it would be nice if buyers would be better presented the information that console version is lacking content compared to the PC version.

As far as I understand, the console version is NOT sold as alpha and there is no promise of it ever having all PC features. For a regular buyer, it might not be so obvious though.

where are moutain lions, coyotes and cats from 350k goal :upset:

The animal types changed. There are more animals than originally listed but they aren't exactly the ones named. I think there will be at least one more added at some point. Some things on the stretch goals will be added post launch replacing other things that were originally going to be post launch but moved up in priority once they got going.

I wonder if there is a way to use the socket system in Navez in order to randomize it a little. All the roads stay the same as well as the terrain, but the important POIs can all change locations based on their size and where they can 'fit' on the already marked areas. So for example, Dishong tower may be able to fit where the hospital is, or a Trader is the same size as another POI so it can be randomly put there. That way the Devs get more playability out of the map they worked so hard on. As long as all the important POIs necessary for the story are included it shouldn't mess with the story. May have to alter some dialogue lines (i.e. "That place is located near [x] town." Program looks up where said POI is located in this version and inserts the location, or grid points), or make them more vague as to locations of things.

Its not even a stretch goal. Its listed as a core feature of the game on the kickstarter page

I may have already read that but not remembered it. I sounds like it will be........wait what were we talking about.

faatal will need to correct me if I'm not completely accurate here:

His primary goal is to correct pathing and targeting of blocks as the basic features of all the zombies. This will make the zombies more purposeful and less likely to get stuck on things or to hit blocks by accident as they are prone to do.

"Advanced features" will include coding that will do things like randomize zombie behavior so that the same zombie doesn't 100% always act the same and so that players can't count on zombies always doing what they expect them to do. They also include handling special abilities like climbing for the spiders. Finally, faatal mentioned the behavior of spreading out along a wall to attack multiple points at once vs piling up and giving a buff to zombies hitting a wall at one point will be something that falls in the realm of advanced features.

All we know right now is the basic features of choosing an optimum path and being able to better target specific blocks which more than anything will help more zombies get stuck or spinning/ going in circles much less often.

To be honest, I am around 99.87% sure I will play this game when it goes gold no matter what is added/removed, how big/small backpacks are, if zombies start building bases and git gud, or even if Rolands unthinkable dream of absolutely no HUD comes to fruition.

The other .13% is just my brain being an ass....it knows I will 100% play.

You people know what would be fun?

A piece of actual, worthwhile news.

If you've never played Sphereii's invisible HUD mod, I just gave it. Get the mod launcher, download invisible HUD mod, and get ready for full cinematic 7 Days to Die.

Just you on top of the world....looking down on creation...

Is the Mod called '7 Days to be Eaten?' :)

Sounds appropriate =)

I build up so the door is on the second floor. So I have to go up (removable wood frames) before I can go down to the first floor.

I do the same for new chill builds sillls. Door up top and 1st level's all solid.

Hey.. say Irish Wrist Watch 5x fast.

Umm what? Bones for shotgun ammo? There some recipie I don't know of in the base game?

Shotgun ammo requires paper - glue is an ingredient to make paper (I think) and bones are an ingredient in making glue. Hence bones for shotgun ammo... right?

where are moutain lions, coyotes and cats from 350k goal :upset:

Lions and Tigers and Bears Oh my! Lions Tigers and Bears Oh my!

- - - Updated - - -

Sounds appropriate =)

I do the same for new chill builds sillls. Door up top and 1st level's all solid.

Hey.. say Irish Wrist Watch 5x fast.

I knew this idea was for the BIRDS! Get it? hahaha. :)

- - - Updated - - -

You people know what would be fun?

A piece of actual, worthwhile news.

What here????

No way! ;)

The pathing is 3d now, but it is jumping 3d, not walk around anywhere 3d. Spiders will get their day in court. Just not today.

Ah, that makes sense. I understood why they were not high priority. Just wondered if the basic design was taking into account 3d movement. Plus I was at work and bored. :)

and while you are getting bored with the zombie ai taking that path, another player or a small group of bandits snipe or rocket launcher a section of your base. Just keeping things lively. a lone bandit out on horde night can make things deadly

For you or the bandit?

Zombies on hoard night are faatal meaning that they can since you wherever and if they can smell you out hiding away in your fort. They can easily find a lone bandit out in the open. Who must have lost his mind for being out there on a night like this.

If anything, it would make it more safe for you as the hoard chase after the idiot. Might be funny to watch faatal zombies chasing after a bandit.

Would love to watch what a bandit would do with either weapon against a hoard of running and screaming zombies.

- - - Updated - - -

Ah, that makes sense. I understood why they were not high priority. Just wondered if the basic design was taking into account 3d movement. Plus I was at work and bored. :)

No they are too busy nerfing all the weapons just like we saw in the last video.

Could there be limit how many blocks zombies would have to walk around to opt for straight route instead?

Yes.

If there were multiple penalty types in each grid location, zombies could even use different weighting combinations, so they would have varied behavior, like weaker ones place a stronger value to block health, while higher damaging zombies don't care to go around as much. More data in the grid will use more memory, but should be fine.

Lions became bears, coyotes became wolves and cats are dogs.....TA DA!! Nobody really likes cats anyways!!

And the pink elephants are almost done. They are just afraid of the zombies and don't want to spawn.

I've been out of the loop for a while here - is there any news on A17? or are we just a in a holding pattern?

It says when the front page was last updated in the poll on top of the page, as far as any major A17 news goes.

And the pink elephants are almost done. They are just afraid of the zombies and don't want to spawn.

Pink elephants!?

What about my laser bears?

Kind of off topic, but since someone posted the original kickstarter page I couldn't help but notice the 300k goal had oculus rift support. Is that still on the list of things to do once this game is gold? I'm in no hurry for it, but it'd be freakin' awesome. Cause I don't know about you guys but one thing that'd make this game terrifying at night would be seeing a (silent) wandering horde at night in VR.

Umm what? Bones for shotgun ammo? There some recipie I don't know of in the base game?

Bones->Glue->Paper->Shotgun Shell.

Add to that a days worth of mining boulders then becoming max skilled at a shotgun is actually a very good idea.

With a good hunting knife, I get 1-3 bones per zombie. Encouraging screamer hordes and doing melee combat in a flat cleared area is maybe one of the most exciting and useful things I do! When half the hoard is fast, its best to have over 200 stamina. :)

Archived